Development is continuing! There will be no new beta releases, but to allow anyone who's interested in a zany teenager ranting on about a video game he's been working on for five years listen to a zany teenager rant on about a video game he's been working on for five years, I will now rant on about a video game I've been working on for five years.
Since the release of PENS 3: TIDES OF WAR - BETA 4 on August 20th 2011, the number of plays it has received has risen to over 200 - becoming my most-played game to date. It has also received a rating of 4.8 out of 5 from six members. This universal praise has kept me in high spirits to keep working on the game, and I have already fixed every problem that has been spotted in BETA 4... and much more.
A number of the fixes, additions and changes that have been done since the release include:
- The glitch with the Spring King has been fixed.
- The glitch with the final boss has been fixed.
- The menus have been completed.
- The height of the world has been increased slightly, to allow the player to be at the centre of the screen the entire time.
- Some dialogue has been edited further.
- The electrical barriers have had a visual face-lift.
- The tutorial default text boxes have been replaced with their final version counterpart.
- The credits have been completely rewritten to reflect some unfortunate family events and to fix problems with the previous credits.
- The glitch with the final mission has been fixed.
- Music quality has been lowered, reducing file size by 4 MB.
- Several glitches with mission 11 have been fixed.
- And much more...
These fixes and changes won't be seen by the public until the release of the final version during April - May, but for those of you who may be following development, this is to let you know that the project is still going strong. If possible, I hope to release a trailer for the game before the end of the year.
As a little sneak peek of what else is coming in the final release, here's a small teaser list:
1) Fully voiced storyline complete with subtitles - over 300 lines of recorded dialogue!
2) Fully fleshed out back-story to fill in the gaps for those who haven't played the previous two games!
3) Three all-new bonus weapons!
4) A multitude of Extras that detail the unstable development of the game and so much more!
5) A vast achievement system with over 20 achievable achievements!
6) True cutscenes!
7) For the first time, you can truly understand what Big Bad Bob parodies!
8) And so much more!
PENS 3 is likely among the largest games developed with Game Maker of all time!
I am also remaking the first Pens game (which was a complete disaster, looking back at it) under the new title PENS: RELOADED. I plan to release this remake before PENS 3.
And now I have ranted on about a video game I've been working on for five years. Enjoy the rest of your day, go buy an ice-cream, play some video games, and go to bed. You've just exhausted the rest of your day. And you've just spent the last thirty seconds reading a forum post that ended... a long time ago... Okay, it hasn't ended, but it has now.
Edited by HomeBrand Gaming, 20 March 2012 - 05:07 AM.