• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 03:11 PM

Why would I do that!? All that matters is how fun the game is. Not how well programmed it is.

#32 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 06:10 PM

lol yeah its cool. Im still trying to reduce lag caused by the health bars, I might remake them again >_>. Something simple but to the point.

#33 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 03 September 2011 - 04:42 AM

lol yeah its cool. Im still trying to reduce lag caused by the health bars, I might remake them again >_>. Something simple but to the point.

Are you sure the lag is caused by the healthbars.

#34 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:30 AM

Yeah, I just changed em.
The problem might have been the fact that 6 instances were running at a time :whistle:
So i'll fix that, im having trouble uploading my video to youtube, it's 1 minute and 30 seconds of ussop, but when I upload it, it only shows 1 second :verymad:
Once I get that issue taken care of, I'll link the video here.

#35 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 02:43 PM

Ussop Progress Video!
In this video you see
- Light attack (light hammer swing), Medium (medium hammer swing), Heavy (heavy hammer attack)
- Down light (push attack), Down Medium (Dodge Roll), Down Heavy (Launcher)
- Light Air Attack (Body Slam), Medium Air Attack (falling chop), Heavy Air Attack (Hammer smash)

Neutral Special
- Normal pellet shot. Eventually you'll be able to shoot three at a time

Forward Special
- Cactus Star. A multi-hit attack that activates when it connects with the opponent

Back Special
- Caltrops. Ussop throws 3 caltrops to hinder the opponents advances.

Down Special
- Dial Select. This move has two Grand Cancel Links. Pressing Heavy attack while the dial is out causes Ussop to use a burn dial, while pressing the Special Attack button causes him to use a flash dial, stunning your opponent.

Air Special neutral
- Atlas Star. Fires a pellet that explodes on contact causing burn damage. (In the future it might be used for more than just damage)

Air Special down
- Shuriken Stars. Fires three shurikens down at the opponent.

Up Next
- Luffy Showcase

#36 Titanium

Titanium

the perfectionist

• GMC Member
  • 1128 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 05:54 PM

OMG it's mugen sfx and training room. I'm glad someone else on the GMC is a fighting game lover as well.

Also, it looks like Usopp's range play is a little too weak. I suggest you give him moves with more hitstun.

#37 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 07:08 PM

lol at some point I was thinking about making a Mugen like game maker engine where you can just import characters. :thumbsup: I got the stage sfx from Ken. This way I dont have to show incomplete stages.

But yeah, im still working on some more stuff, like him being able to shoot 3 neutral shots and 3 anti-air shots, using Grand Cancel to change what bullet comes out between the shots.

#38 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Well due to the lack of resources, im planning on changing the gameplay aspects of this project one more time.
- Two buttons. One for normal attacks and one for specials
- Assists (You can summon characters to do special attacks)

I might release the current build that I have sometime soon, but yeah, it's taking too long to finish characters beacuse there isnt enough attacks to give most of them and im not a spriter. So I'll simplify things so that I can release this game faster and work on another project.

#39 StallionTG

StallionTG

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 182 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:41 PM

Great start to combat system, you really feel the punches. The one-piece world is definitely one of the best to pull from as far as fighters. I'm really looking forward to this game.

#40 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 October 2011 - 12:51 PM

Almost done working on a new character, I'll have something to show by the end of the week as well as a explaination on the new fighting system im using/implementing.

#41 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:15 PM

Here is what I've done so far. Got bored of the strawhat crew and decided to work on Hawk Eyes Mihawk.

Changes

- Two attack buttons instead of 3. Due to the fact that some of the future characters dont have enough normal strikes to maintain a 3 button system without having to reuse animations
- The 2v2 portion of the game may be removed due to AI coding difficulty. But may be replaced with a assist system similar to Vanguard Princess (youtube it.)

I know the video quality was terrible but hopefully I can get a better recording soon.

#42 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:11 PM

http://sandbox.yoyog...tle-mihawk-test

^ Sandbox upload.

Please test out my new commands system. There are instructions in the game by pressing F1.
Here are a few extras that I forgot to include however....

Mihawk Combos

special normal commands
- b.h (hits very high. Able to combo after d.h)

ground combos (you can chain nearly any hit into any hit from weakest hit to strongest hit)
- n,n (two hits)
- n,n, d,n (three hits)
- n,n,d.n, h (four hits)
- n,n,d.n,h, d.h (five hits, jump cancel)

Jump Cancel Moves (only work after hitting the opponent)
- d.n
- d.h (Move launches opponents)

#43 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:01 PM

Just a update on the status of the game.
I Know I changed the engine a couple of times but its to make use of most of the animations of the characters so that you can use as many of the characters as possible.
I'm still working on the game its just that I needed a little break from it since out of all my projects this one is the biggest and hardest one to complete or even work on.
This yeat I'll definitely start updating the game like normal again since im pretty much done with Mihawk. Might work on another character soon! So stay tuned

#44 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1077 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

I still like this! It looks awesome and everything works really well. Except... The sprites are really stretched and the window's too large for my monitor. Mind fixing that?

TheUltimate

#45 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 04:27 PM

I still like this! It looks awesome and everything works really well. Except... The sprites are really stretched and the window's too large for my monitor. Mind fixing that?

TheUltimate

Sorry about the screen thing haha, i forget that not everyone has a wide screen monitor. I'll fix that with another update to the game.

NEW VIDEO
- Portgas D. Ace Progress video -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4lhCwUorMV8&feature=youtu.be

Trust me the game is much smoother than what the video is showing.

#46 ken

ken

Game Maker Phoenix

• GMC Member
  • 210 posts

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:35 AM

it looks really good! HURRY UP AND FINISH IT!!!!! I'm dying here...Posted Image

#47 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:09 AM

Expect an Update video sometime today! Finished Luffy and 90% Ace Completion!

#48 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 02:59 PM

Luffy Demo video

Edited by yingyay, 10 July 2012 - 03:00 PM.

#49 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1077 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:44 AM

Wow, your game improves noticeably with every video you post. Any idea when the next game release will be? It's been ages.

#50 yingyay

yingyay

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 105 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:02 PM

I'm trying to finish one more character Then I'll start sprucing up the game engine and add a few more things before I put up another demo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users