10 replies to this topic

#1 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2435 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 AM

This is a big update to the game I made last year. All updates done in the past 5 days. "Why?" you might ask would I suddenly decide to update a game from last year? Well I wanted to learn how to do net play, so I figured why not do try learn it with my own game?
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

I added sound room, an OP video, gamepad support, a crosshair for aiming, a player vs player split screen vs mode, and a net play vs mode. I also changed some of the graphics for clarity, and the second level has a lot more detail in it then it used to. (Instead of models it had primitive cones, and that looked real ugly).

Here is the DL to the latest version.
http://www.mediafire...zm7ohbiyxc9hdov

Edited by Saijee, 07 November 2011 - 03:42 AM.

#2 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2435 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:36 PM

New Video:
http://www.youtube.c...nel_video_title

#3 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:49 AM

3D in my Danmaku? More likely than you think :D

It's a pretty fun game, ze... Good job.

Although, I did run into a problem with the controls. Sometimes, the game would stop responding to input, but would still function otherwise, meaning I get shot up without being able to dodge. This happens particularly with segments with large amounts of bullets, and is the primary reason why I haven't attempted "Hardest" difficulty. (I did beat the default difficulty, but input stopped responding quite a bit there, too. Also, sound skips when this happens, too. Since this is a danmaku shooter, could you make sure controls are given top priority?

A way you could do this is either with the keyboard events, or with the keyboard_check_direct(key) command.

Also, how do you make the GIF at your signature? :3c

Edited by fenyxofshadows, 13 August 2011 - 04:41 PM.

#4 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2435 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 05:35 PM

3D in my Danmaku? More likely than you think :D

It's a pretty fun game, ze... Good job.

Although, I did run into a problem with the controls. Sometimes, the game would stop responding to input, but would still function otherwise, meaning I get shot up without being able to dodge. This happens particularly with segments with large amounts of bullets, and is the primary reason why I haven't attempted "Hardest" difficulty. (I did beat the default difficulty, but input stopped responding quite a bit there, too. Also, sound skips when this happens, too. Since this is a danmaku shooter, could you make sure controls are given top priority?

A way you could do this is either with the keyboard events, or with the keyboard_check_direct(key) command.

Also, how do you make the GIF at your signature? :3c

What kind of computer do you have? I didn't have that problem when testing it on Windows 7 or Windows XP, I also tested it on an XP that was highly likely to lag and when it lagged it just slowed down the game a little, also have you tried playing the game with a game pad?

I recorded into an AVI and then used GIF movie gear to to turn it into a GIF.

#5 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 06:43 PM

I have Windows 7, and it's a pretty slow computer...(2.1GHz single core, nVidia 8200M) and it's also a laptop. It only seems to control-lag, though, the video works fine. Also, it only does this when the computer is hot.
I was not using a gamepad because I prefer keyboard control. Maybe that would help?

Thanks for the info on the GIFs :)

#6 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2435 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:36 PM

I have Windows 7, and it's a pretty slow computer...(2.1GHz single core, nVidia 8200M) and it's also a laptop. It only seems to control-lag, though, the video works fine. Also, it only does this when the computer is hot.
I was not using a gamepad because I prefer keyboard control. Maybe that would help?

Thanks for the info on the GIFs :)

Well I don't really know much about computer stats but I don't find my computer to be particularly fast: It's a Toshiba Laptop with an Intel Core i3, 2.27 GHZ, and on Windows 7.

While the Key controls were made first, and designed to work completely fine, the game was meant for the game pad.

#7 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:55 PM

That's far faster than mine. Because i3 computers are dual core, double that speed rating to 4.54GHz. Also, i3 computers are better built than a computer that sold for 300$ a couple of years ago. :) It's probably just my slow computer. I'll set it up so that it turns off Aero when playing the game.

And I noticed that it plays a lot like the Gummi Ship minigame on Kingdom Hearts II :) A gamepad would only feel more natural, anyway.

Edited by fenyxofshadows, 13 August 2011 - 07:57 PM.

#8 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2435 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:21 PM

That's far faster than mine. Because i3 computers are dual core, double that speed rating to 4.54GHz. Also, i3 computers are better built than a computer that sold for 300$ a couple of years ago. :) It's probably just my slow computer. I'll set it up so that it turns off Aero when playing the game.

And I noticed that it plays a lot like the Gummi Ship minigame on Kingdom Hearts II :) A gamepad would only feel more natural, anyway.

I didn't ever get into KH, looks up Gummi Ship Minigame... Makes me think of Kid Icarus Uprising. Although It's supposed to be more like Starfox 64. Not the aiming, but the camera's meant to give you a nice Star Fox feeling to it.

#9 fenyxofshadows

fenyxofshadows

coobie

• GMC Member
  • 446 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Yeah. All in all, it's a good and well built game, and quite fun. It also shows what the bullet patterns in traditional scrolling damaku shooters would be like from the the little flying girls' perspective.

#10 Pingcheck

Pingcheck

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:40 AM

Good job, higher class than most things on the GMC, although I have to admit, the spelling mistakes are killing me :sweat:
Keep up the good work!

#11 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2435 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 04:51 AM

Good job, higher class than most things on the GMC, although I have to admit, the spelling mistakes are killing me :sweat:
Keep up the good work!

Glad you like it, any chance you could tell me what spelling mistakes you've found?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users