GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 04:09 PM

Pokémon: Lost Silver
Posted Image
by reidd

The Story (Intro):

You see, I am a simple college student living alone in an apartment. I was very enthusiastic about the release of HeartGold/SoulSilver on the states. I have purposely locked myself out of all media and the internet aside for school purposes. That means no 4chan, no /v/, no Bulbapedia, etc.

As I was busy with the school year and being a poorfriend at the time, I wasn't able to buy SoulSilver on launch date. After my school year ended, I ordered SoulSilver on Amazon (sorry, I rather be a poorfriend than a pirate). However, it would take a week for it to arrive. I decided that during that time, I replay my Crystal version on my Gameboy Color.

However, I realized that long ago, my mom threw it away because I told her the save went dead, and I was very upset about it then. She also threw away my Silver version, so all I have is my Gameboy Color. As such, I set out to Gamestop and bought a used Silver version, as it's the only Pokemon game left that they have for the GBC. Ten dollars - fairly cheap despite it being Gamestop.

I went home and started it up for a nostalgia trip. However, that's where things started getting bizarre, and most likely the reason why you read this...

Full Version: (Warning! Contains profanity) http://tohjo.totalh....ostsilver/story

If you've heard of this story before, or have just recently read it, either somewhere else or this topic, the game "Lost Silver" is the attempt to recreate the game described in the story in Game Maker. While the Game Maker version is obviously not a ROM hack like the story describes, it still plays very much like one. I've personally received many comments praising the fact that the game is pretty much an exact walkthrough to the story.

There are two versions to the game: The original 3.6MB file, and the full 32MB "Hidden" version which contains extended gameplay designed by the author of the original story. The full game has all the bugfixes and most of the needed story elements, and while it would be nice for me for people to stop spreading the 4MB version as it contains a lot of bugs and some inaccuracies, there's still people who request it for the filesize, so it's up for download here too.

Screenshots:
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Downloads:
Lost Silver: 3.6MB http://64digits.com/...?id=29478&dir=0
Lost Silver (Hidden) 32MB: http://www.mediafire...q947hvqbp6q6s8s

Edited by reidd, 07 June 2011 - 08:12 PM.

#2 Takagi

Takagi

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4275 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 June 2011 - 05:07 PM

Neat game, although it feels more like an interactive story than a game. Really neat, and you did a really good job translating the game in the story into a full-fledged game. I'm interested in this story now!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users