72 replies to this topic

#1 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:03 PM

Posted Image

About EWO
The journey began on July 16, 2009. Sloth teamed up with Honored to create the top down version of EWO. After months of work, this game included NPC's, an inventory, a chat, guilds and a great many other features. But after a lot of development and client feedback, it was decided that something needed to change. The game was remade as a side-scroller. That is where we are today.

DOWNLOAD!
Click here to download client.zip

SERVER
Posted Image*Cough*
IP: 77.167.89.19
Port: 40000

click here to see if the server is online
click here for the latest server/glitch/release information
Note: If you try to connect to the server and the connection light stays blue for a long time, that means the server is locked up. Contact an administrator ASAP.

Welcome to the Eternal World Online Alpha launch!
Posted Image

Let's start off with the controlls:
Use your arrow keys to move around.
Click a 'door' (a wooden sign with 2 arrows facing the opposite direction) to use it. It's a portal.
Use space to attack, and click an enemy to target it.

The HUD:
Posted Image

At the right top corner above the red line you see buttons, pretty self-explainatory.
The green area is to show what equipement you are wearing at the moment.
The orange area is your inventory.
The pink area is the chat, use it to interact with other players.
The blue circle is, obviously, your player. It also shows your HP.

Abbilities:
When you go to the abbilities tab, you will see the following screen:
Posted Image

Every time you gain a level, you get a certain amount of trainingpoints. You can use these trainingpoints to increase your stats.
We have:
Strength.
Defense.
Dextarity.
Intelligence.

Str and Def are obvious. Increasing your Dex will make you attack faster. Int does not do anything currently. It is there for later use.

Level cap?
Yes, there is currently a level cap. It is set to 15. Why? Because later on, we want people to choose a class when reaching level 15. We currently do not have a class system, so yeah, sorry. I promise you will have a hard time reaching level 15 :)

You can fight in this release, and I know it's a little buggy, this will be fixed :)

DOWNLOAD!
Since every windows user can open .zip files, I've put everything in a .zip file.
Click here to download client.zip

Have fun and please report any bugs you find. :)

Support
Do you want to support EWO? Put this code in your signature!
[url="http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=508352&st=0"][img]http://chees-eink.ismywebsite.com/mrglasses/images/sig_banner_medium.png[/img][/url]

Edited by mr glasses, 18 August 2011 - 06:35 PM.

Eternal World Online
Click here to see if the server is online. If you want more details, click here to see the latest server/glitch/release information.

#2 DanRedux

DanRedux

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1404 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:06 PM

SO playing. RIGHT NOW. :)

I love GMMORPG's.

First impression: OOOO lots of DLL's and externals! This is gonna be good!

Edit: WHATS THE IP. :o

Edited by time4dan, 18 May 2011 - 10:08 PM.

#3 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

SO playing. RIGHT NOW. :)

I love GMMORPG's.

First impression: OOOO lots of DLL's and externals! This is gonna be good!

Edit: WHATS THE IP. :o

It should have the correct IP entered when you first start the game.
Eternal World Online
Click here to see if the server is online. If you want more details, click here to see the latest server/glitch/release information.

#4 DanRedux

DanRedux

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1404 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:11 PM

Sir, excuse me sir, but for some reason I doubt the real IP is "192.168.2.4", sir, because 192.168 is kind of not a cool IP to use. I don't even think you CAN use it.

Lol. That's the IP that came in the settings.ini

#5 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:13 PM

Sir, excuse me sir, but for some reason I doubt the real IP is "192.168.2.4", sir, because 192.168 is kind of not a cool IP to use. I don't even think you CAN use it.

Lol. That's the IP that came in the settings.ini

Odd, it used to start with 79. I'll contact sloth about that ASAP.

EDIT: The correct IP is: 77.167.89.19

Edited by mr glasses, 18 May 2011 - 10:35 PM.

Eternal World Online

#6 DanRedux

DanRedux

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1404 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

WASD would be AWESOME. :) At least map them to arrow keys when NOT typing... I don't have arrow keys.
Font is a little too much. Totally unreadable, giving me a headache after 4 minutes.
Enter should begin chatting, too.

Camera's good. Gameplay feels fine except I can't really do much without arrow keys.

#7 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:47 PM

Hello,

@IP Problems, that's the IP for when people in my LAN want to connect, sorry for the mistake.
I have uploaden the new ZIP, same link.

And if you only want settings.ini:

http://eternalworldo...ds/settings.zip

Sorry for the inconvenience.

#8 shrooms

shrooms

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 11:11 PM

well i liked thats u had fighing in it.
i did hate the chat make it press enter to chat because u have to use space a lot if
ur fighting. graphics were good the tiles we kind of wierd a bit and float when u walk up the hills.

so if a had to rate it would be a 7/10
Posted Image
Posted Image

#9 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:23 AM

WASD would be AWESOME. :) At least map them to arrow keys when NOT typing... I don't have arrow keys.
Font is a little too much. Totally unreadable, giving me a headache after 4 minutes.
Enter should begin chatting, too.

Camera's good. Gameplay feels fine except I can't really do much without arrow keys.

I just made a note to add WASD control to Alpha 1.1

well i liked thats u had fighing in it.
i did hate the chat make it press enter to chat because u have to use space a lot if
ur fighting. graphics were good the tiles we kind of wierd a bit and float when u walk up the hills.

so if a had to rate it would be a 7/10

1. Pressing Enter to chat has just been added to the update. We'll let you guys know when Alpha 1.1 is released.
2. Yes, our tiles are a bit odd. If you know any good tile artists, please let us know. :) I'll see if the player displaying script can be adjusted to fix the floating.

Edited by mr glasses, 19 May 2011 - 01:24 AM.

Eternal World Online

#10 bobhoil

bobhoil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1606 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 19 May 2011 - 02:53 AM

I tried playing but can't seem to connect to the server. Is the server up?

300x50.png 

Check out my website at: BobHoil.com

#11 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 07:27 AM

Now all we need is an Aussie server =P
Posted Image

Rate this topic: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

PRESS IT
\/

#12 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 12:23 PM

The server locked up over night here, did not see it till 2 PM this afternoon. I live in Holland so times may varry ;)

#13 bobhoil

bobhoil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1606 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 19 May 2011 - 03:26 PM

Okay I finally got online and played around a bit. Overall it wasn't bad but there wasn't a whole lot to do. I like the menus for logging in and everything as they look very nice and well done.

So far it is pretty good!

EDIT: At one point when I went outside town to the right I was walking across a spot where I should have been falling in. Finally after some jumping and walking over it again I fell through the gap.

Edited by bobhoil, 19 May 2011 - 03:27 PM.

300x50.png 

Check out my website at: BobHoil.com

#14 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

Alpha 1.1

It was inevitable, Mr. Anderson.

I'm proud to announce that, with one day of work within a week of the first release, we have a bugfix update! Hopefully manual downloads won't be needed after we get the updater working. Unfortunately, as of now, we don't have the updating system working. So I must give you the file that you've been wanting this whole time...

Download Alpha 1.1

[fixed]NPC movement
[fixed]text colors
[fixed]chat font
[fixed]Enter sets chat focus to true.
[fixed]Can't send empty chats.
[fixed?]Don't spawn players nearly dead
[fixed]loot doesn't always work. Sometimes it gives loot to the wrong player
[fixed]Player/NPC names have black outline
[fixed]NPC's show level info
[fixed]NPC AI doesn't get stuck @ edge
[fixed]Dex increases attack speed (this needs some more work...I'll explain later)
[fixed]Sword doesn't boost stats

There are (obviously) still some bugs we haven't fixed and/or haven't found yet, so keep the suggestions coming. :)

Edited by mr glasses, 19 May 2011 - 11:25 PM.

Eternal World Online

#15 DanRedux

DanRedux

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1404 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:13 AM

WASD would be AWESOME.

#16 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:48 AM

WASD would be AWESOME.

Unfortunately, that was one of the things that we didn't get to. WASD movement should be present in Alpha 1.2.
Eternal World Online

#17 DanRedux

DanRedux

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1404 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:12 AM

Then I too shall be present in 1.2 ^_^

#18 hanyunanodesudc

hanyunanodesudc

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 368 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 04:26 AM

Well it's alpha 1.0....
Despite that, I'll still have to say (and I know you were prepared to get this comment)
that it's BAD! (don't take it personally. ofc there wudn't be much content or anything)

No problems registering and connecting -although I do wish for "confirm" button to be on the RIGHT, and back/undo buttons to be on the LEFT- and playing/hunting (no lag).
If anything bothers me (art and creatures concept was adorable), it'll have to be the attack animation. Wallking animation gets a pass, but not that horrid attack animation.... and imagine the same thing in the future with weapons... *shudder*
I hope you do change up the attacking animation- and hopefully it's speed...
Regarding the animation, here's a minor glitch. While doing that 360 arm swing, if your character changes direction, .... yeah. So keep changing directions and you'll see the problem.

Besides that, very good.

Edited by hanyunanodesudc, 22 May 2011 - 04:27 AM.

#19 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:33 PM

Yes, that's because I coded the animation and it used to look good but oh well, We were planning to change it anyways.

#20 commander of games

commander of games

Kaos Kreator

• GMC Member
  • 2883 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

Looks pretty good. The graphics are nice, however the tiles need some work and the player/monster sprites seemed a little out of place with the rest of the graphics, specifically the HUD. Also, you "float" when walking up slopes, and in the "Cave entrance" it is very difficult to access the bottom of the cave(I have trouble falling through the "funnel", and end up standing in mid-air). The gameplay gets boring after a little while. You need more things to do, such as quests. Killing monsters in the cave gets old fast, especially since you attack so slowly on Level 1, making it a slow, boring process of holding the space-bar down and waiting for the monster to die. Its pretty good for such an early version, though, and it has a lot of potential. Keep up the good work, I look forward to seeing future versions.

InvaderX.gif

#21 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 05:16 PM

We're working heavily on this game, thanks for the feedback :)

#22 iceshield

iceshield

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 12:38 PM

Download link broken ... (or server down)

If you put comments in your code to understand it ... then you awful at writing code.

#23 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

Release Delay

We had some technical trouble with our web-host and our game server for seperate reasons. Our web-host came back online today but, we're still having issues with the game server. Hopefully we'll be able to fix the problem either today or tomorrow.
Eternal World Online

#24 borut

borut

Courage Wolf Productions

• GMC Member
  • 1457 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 09:27 PM

It looks pretty good! Could you also upload the game to mediafire, because I have my internet ****ed up and I can't really download from other sites than german or published sites! :D

#25 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:35 AM

aw, the first time i actually try to test it...
Posted Image

PRESS IT
\/

#26 iceshield

iceshield

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 09:45 AM

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_menu_textfield:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

Could you set to show errors only in game_error.log ( if I press Ignore it popup again)? I think I get this error from my not-so-good video card :(

If you put comments in your code to understand it ... then you awful at writing code.

#27 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:12 PM

It looks pretty good! Could you also upload the game to mediafire, because I have my internet ****ed up and I can't really download from other sites than german or published sites! :D

Sure! Once we get the server back online, I'll ask NYS about setting up some download mirrors.

aw, the first time i actually try to test it...

I'll notify you when the server comes back online.

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object obj_menu_textfield:

Trying to use non-existing surface.

Could you set to show errors only in game_error.log ( if I press Ignore it popup again)? I think I get this error from my not-so-good video card :(

Since the game is still in the alpha stage, we are going to keep errors visible so that users know when to report code glitches. Currently, the game both alerts the player to an error and saves the error to a game_errors.log file.

If you can't see surfaces, then you will not be able to see text in the chat or text in textfields. Without surfaces, you won't be able to log in, register, chat, etc. I'll make a note to see if we can make a surface-free version of EWO, but that might not be possible.
Eternal World Online

#28 fluffydino2000

fluffydino2000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 07:22 PM

cannot connect to the server :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

#29 lightning_knight

lightning_knight

GMC Member

• 9 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 07:07 AM

can u give me ur email because i want to ask u some questions about MMO

#30 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

Sweet, I look forward to actually testing this... :D
Posted Image

PRESS IT
\/

#31 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 05:02 PM

cannot connect to the server

Unfortunately. :( The server is down. (maybe I should put that in the original post) But, NYS said he should get access to his network again today.

can u give me ur email because i want to ask u some questions about MMO

I answer GMC PM's. :) Will that work?

Sweet, I look forward to actually testing this... :D

I look forward to releasing this again! :D
Eternal World Online

#32 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

I'm sorry for the down-time of 1.5 days! :)

We weren't able to finish the updater or stat balancing, but we did kill a mound of bugs, improve the back-end code and implement WASD movement along with a bunch of other minor goodies.

The server is up again, 24/7. Enjoy! :)

Download EWO Alpha 1.2

Edited by NYS, 30 May 2011 - 10:10 PM.

#33 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 30 May 2011 - 11:20 PM

We had a critical error that shut the system down. It is back online again and the bug was fixed. Download version 1.21 using the link in this topic. (The link in NYS's post will now lead to version 1.21)

EDIT: Nevermind. The reboot malfunctioned so EWO won't be available until tomorrow.

Edited by mr glasses, 30 May 2011 - 11:37 PM.

Eternal World Online

#34 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 07:08 AM

We had a critical error that shut the system down. It is back online again and the bug was fixed. Download version 1.21 using the link in this topic. (The link in NYS's post will now lead to version 1.21)

EDIT: Nevermind. The reboot malfunctioned so EWO won't be available until tomorrow.

OMFG ffs, I redownloaded the client and all, you're getting a really bad server rep right here...

edit: Sigh, 936 ping, lolz! I walked to the right, and got stuck down the bottom, I clicked logout and got "invalid 39dll" and it made me quite after some more errors, then i logged back in, and i was STILL stuck down the bottom :(:(:( Logged out again, and it told me my 39dll was invalid again, after that, I was unable to get into the game at all, I kept getting 39dll is invalid...

Edited by ash47, 31 May 2011 - 07:20 AM.

Posted Image

PRESS IT
\/

#35 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:05 AM

@Mr Glasses;

Download the error log. (log into the FTP server)
System crashed overnight.

#36 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:06 PM

OMFG ffs, I redownloaded the client and all, you're getting a really bad server rep right here...

edit: Sigh, 936 ping, lolz! I walked to the right, and got stuck down the bottom, I clicked logout and got "invalid 39dll" and it made me quite after some more errors, then i logged back in, and i was STILL stuck down the bottom :(:(:( Logged out again, and it told me my 39dll was invalid again, after that, I was unable to get into the game at all, I kept getting 39dll is invalid...

Yes, we are having severe server issues. Alpha releases come with all sorts of nasty surprises.

As for the issues you experienced:
Getting Stuck on the Bottom: I had that issues too, but the glitch was fixed. You're experiencing an old portal glitch. I hope this issue continued just because the download file wasn't up to date. We'll have too look into this some more and reset your account's co-ordinates. What is your in-game username?
39DLL: We have never had that glitch before, but I know what's causing it.
---

The server is online, but you may still experience troubles. We're still working on data-management.

Edited by mr glasses, 31 May 2011 - 02:42 PM.

Eternal World Online

#37 fluffydino2000

fluffydino2000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 02:19 PM

That was awful I couldn't even attack
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

#38 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 09:29 PM

We do need better instructions. You have to click on an NPC to target it, then you can attack. Red crosshairs appear when you target an NPC.

P.S. The server crashed again due to a malfunctioning command. Hopefully we'll devise a better way to recover from server crashes since they will happen quite often during the alpha phase of development.
Eternal World Online

#39 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:24 PM

Can I help?

[My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard]

2h2fg3c.png

#40 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 31 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

Can I help?

It depends on what you want to help with. There isn't much you can do about server downtime because that's something that only NYS can fix. However, there are other things we need help with. :) Can you draw pixel art? Can you draw side-scroller tile-sets?

Edited by mr glasses, 31 May 2011 - 10:36 PM.

Eternal World Online

#41 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:27 AM

Getting Stuck on the Bottom: I had that issues too, but the glitch was fixed. You're experiencing an old portal glitch. I hope this issue continued just because the download file wasn't up to date. We'll have too look into this some more and reset your account's co-ordinates. What is your in-game username?

Ash47

That's good, I hope to see it fixed soon, it's really annoying...

Perhaps you should run more tests yourselves, just locally, to work out what's going wrong, and what language is the server written in?
Posted Image

PRESS IT
\/

#42 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:44 PM

Ash47

That's good, I hope to see it fixed soon, it's really annoying...

Perhaps you should run more tests yourselves, just locally, to work out what's going wrong, and what language is the server written in?

We do extensive local tests, but some errors, like the 39dll error you experienced, don't show their faces until we put the game in the real environment. That's why we're doing alpha testing.

Though these glitches have been fixed, I haven't been able to upload the updates because I don't have adiqutate access. The next time we get the server online, the updated client should be posted.

After looking for you account, I saw something quite odd in the players files. In the next minor release, there will be a news page that shows up when you start the game. Hopefully that will help keep users informed about server down time and known glitches.

Users Glitch

The users ash47 and Jojomanjo will need to re-register their accounts due to an unkown registration error.

New Feature to be Introduced

The server is actually down now. It's so confusing because the server has been online but the update wasn't published...My head's spinning and I'm an admin. :? I can't image what you guys are feeling.

To fix this issue, we're embedding a news web-page in the game so you can know what on earth is going on. You can also access the page from your browser.

Edited by mr glasses, 01 June 2011 - 09:00 PM.

Eternal World Online

#43 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:56 AM

Well, atleast you are trying to fix the errors, that more then i can say for a lot of other online games... >_<
Posted Image

PRESS IT
\/

#44 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

Back in Buisness

The server is back online but the new version of the client has not been posted. You can play with the old client, but you may still run into errors.
Eternal World Online

#45 nxs

nxs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 01:30 PM

Did you delete all old accounts?

#46 Hiddenaces

Hiddenaces

GMC Member

• 418 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

on the start screen where you start youcan walk off the edge of the map and fall to next level down or off the map totaly on the right hand side of the screen.. all so when you sign up a new user there is a spelling mistake in terms and conditions (yes i know im not good at spelling lol)cant remember what part, sorry forgot to jot that down. oh any weapons yet ?
Try it out
Code Snippets
What you got to lose :):)
My thread link to code snippets in the Tutorials and Examples forum
pop by and leave a comment.

#47 nxs

nxs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:44 PM

Pressing W, regardless of if your in the process of chatting, still jumps.

#48 nxs

nxs

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 114 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:47 PM

You can walk off to the right of the sheep field as well. I'm currently stuck there. Maybe implement a /spawn feature for stuck.

Also, I deal like 3 damage at level 1, but level 1 sheepies deal like 13. Design flaw?

#49 mr glasses

mr glasses

GMC Member

• 425 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 08:45 PM

Alpha 1.28

We finally got things worked out. The server is online and working and the client download has been updated.

Click to Download Alpha 1.28

on the start screen where you start youcan walk off the edge of the map and fall to next level down or off the map totaly on the right hand side of the screen.. all so when you sign up a new user there is a spelling mistake in terms and conditions (yes i know im not good at spelling lol)cant remember what part, sorry forgot to jot that down. oh any weapons yet ?

1. I was able to reproduce this error. :added to bug list: Do you need me to reset your co-ordinates? If so, what is your in-game username?
2. Thanks for letting us know. I'll have to do some proofreading again. :)

Pressing W, regardless of if your in the process of chatting, still jumps.

That's an old glitch should should not be present in version 1.28.

You can walk off to the right of the sheep field as well. I'm currently stuck there. Maybe implement a /spawn feature for stuck.

Also, I deal like 3 damage at level 1, but level 1 sheepies deal like 13. Design flaw?

1. I can manually reset your account's co-ordinates. :done: Just don't walk off the edge until version 1.29 or higher. :)

2. The stats are not balanced so there will be some really funky damage ratios. Wait...13 damage? That's unusually high. I'll have to look into that. It may be a programming error.

Edited by mr glasses, 02 June 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Eternal World Online

#50 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 11:56 PM

Ok, I did some fixing on the server PC. It all runs smoothly and w/o any errors.

@Mr G; This also means you can safely run /reboot :)