TradNux 2d Animator
version 0.9 beta
Tradnux Animator is a 2d animation tool designed to help people in the indie game development scene to quickly create dynamic animated character sprites for their game projects. You can build a 2d character figure by adding and eventually creating a hierarchy of nodes or pivot points which you can rotate and resize, ultimately allowing you to create a body parts joined together which you can animate by simply adding frames and manipulating the pivot points.
See the animated sprites samples above? Tradnux Animator can help you produce sprites and graphics like that.
The Fighting Afroguy above is an example of animated polygon figure which Tradnux supports, allowing you to choose different polygonal shapes and apply color or textures to them. With this you can create "Iji" game style graphics easily.
The Fighting Girl in Blue above is an example of animated sprite based figure which you can create in Tradnux Animator, this will give your character figures more detailed appearance and more flexible animations. Tradnux allows you to import images/sprites (.png and .gif) and assign them to any nodes/points. With this, you can even reuse animations and re-skin your figure with different character sprites.
Tradnux can save/load your work, and it can export your animation into sequenced PNG files.
This tool will be similar to Tahnok's "Skeleton" tool (that, Tractimation and Pivot are my inspiration in creating Tradnux Animator) in that it has the same method of animating a structured figure. However Skeleton hasn't been updated for many years now, it is missing on some upgrades in GM, specifically the native support for PNG for better sprite quality. I always planned on making this tool for my own use, but it will really prove helpful enough for others.
This v8.0 released version is the earliest beta release, most functions are not yet implemented. And of course bugs are always there, so please report them ASAP. This new release is v0.95 beta... we are really close to pushing to version 1. Lots of changes have been done especially on the save system.
Version is 0.98 Release Candidate beta. Big updates and bug fixes. New additions that may finally let users produce character animations with ease. Previous saved files will no longer work on this version though.
Also excuse me for the lack of guide or examples for to get the idea on how to work with it. I will make it up to you in the next reupload. Now... there available sample files (.tsf) you can load into Tradnux.
version Beta 0.9
version Beta 0.86
version beta 0.75
version alpha 0.6
Category: Tools and Applications.
File Size: 2.4 MB (1.4 MB: archived)
GM Version: GM8
Vista Compatible: yes
Changes Screen Resolution: no
(Note: I will now start uploading archived files (.rar) from now on since there will be multiple files required in the future)
Latest Version (v0.98b RC)
Tradnux2dAnimator from Host-A
Tradnux2dAnimator from MediaFire
Tradnux2dAnimator from YoyoGames
Old Version Download
tradnux animator v0.7 beta.exe from Host-A
Version 0.98 RC beta
- Fixed data file error.
- Added Spline All Points Tool
- Added Spline Point Tool
- Clean up sprites when deleting a Pivot Point for smaller filesize
- Node grip depth fix (force the node grips to appear on top)
- Export to Animated GIF
- Render Export Auto Crop
- Cropping Tool
- Sprite Deletion
- Drag Image Files to screen and it will automatically create the pivot point as well.
Version 0.95 beta
- Added File Format Support
- Added Flex Mode options on drawn image parts
- Added functionality to choose output folder
- Updated the Settings Window controls (project, output settings)
- Added Point Manager Sprite Window
- Improved Drawing Speed When Grid is enabled (grid display update)
- Fixed the quick sprite edit box (rotate, flip, reposition)
- Added sprite flexi modes
- Frame interpolations implemented (Smoothen, Reverse)
- Updated bone transform (Width, Length, Scale)
- Load backdrop
- and other obscure changes...
Version 0.90 beta
- Added Menu Bar options
- Added Point Manager Widget
- Added Project Settings Widget
- Added User Preferences Settings
Version 0.86 beta
- Zoom In/Out
- Added Edit Mode (Free Node Transform)
- Sprite Set Transform Control
- Frame Animation Interpolations
- Full Screen Mode
- Tooltips options
- Grid options
- Miscellaneous options
Version 0.80 beta
- Application window size increased to 1024 x 768.
- Updated the GUI buttons.
- Added Nodes Point Manager for alternative transforms control.
- Implemented Animated GIF exporting (SilentDos + ImageMagick).
- Depth Control
Undo and Redo
Export to .avi
Export Dialog Box
Profile Settings Box
Character Settings Box
Character Overview Box
Frame Management - Copy, Cut, Paste
Color Control Tool
Better Help File / User's Guide
Export for GameMaker usage
Weapon Sprite Design Tool
Body Part Sprite Maker Tool
Back compatibility for saved files from this version may not be supported on future versions.
Again apology to everyone for not including any demo guide videos. I will certainly work on that for the next releases.
Please try it and then give me some feedbacks; comments, suggestions, recommendations, anything.
Also... please do not use the sample animation.. that robot thing is already used on one of my games.
Edited by teej, 21 July 2012 - 09:01 PM.