RicoRaccoon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:15 AM

Posted Image
Version 1.3.3
Composer Needed! More Details...

We've been working on this for a good couple years now. The reason its taken two years being that we've gotten distracted with other projects and doing this inbetween our full time jobs. But I think we're heading in the right direction and would LOVE your guys feedback on the project so far. Im not sure how many of you have played the first Polo (Engine 1) with the old engine. But this is pretty much a rewrite of the buggy engine from before, in addition to several new features. Also, unlike our previous games, This one is Vista/7 ready and doesnt require conversion.

GM Version: GM8
Vista Compatible: Yes
Changes Screen Resolution: No

Screenshot 1 | Screenshot 2 | Screenshot 3 | Gameplay Video
Polo Concept Art | Worldmap

Whats in 1.3.3.
  • 4 Levels
    • 3 Night Forest
    • 1 Glacier Island
  • Functioning online "coop".
  • Online Stats
  • Achievements
  • Upgrades / unlocks
  • New Monsters
  • .ogg support & dynamic music loading

Whats missing
  • A lot
  • Proper Levels
  • Fine tuned Multiplayer with possible gamemodes
  • More Monsters
  • Proper outdated game version check
  • A lot more

By downloading this version of Polo. You understand this is no where near a final result of polo and is still under heavy development. You have the option to setup online stats. But keep in mind all stats are uploaded, regardless of enrollment for development purposes. No personal information is ever transmitted. Only data regarding game-play for development. All content in-game could be subject to change.

Download
Download 16.3 MB.

Other Links
  • Checkout your Online stats. Signup here. Step by step guide here on how to setup Stats. (Stats page is still under development)
  • Having issues with Polo online play? Checkout the troubleshooting article.

Please help us make Polo better! Report all bugs at our Bug Tracker!!

- Polo Dev Team

Posted Image
We're looking for a composer!
More details at our Wiki article.

Edited by RicoRaccoon, 20 April 2012 - 06:12 AM.

#2 111Studio

111Studio

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 327 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

First run. Immediately get this error:

for object light1:

Error in code at line 6:
if global.lights=1
^
at position 12: Unknown variable lights

Yes, I replaced the exe file.

Edited by 111Studio, 11 May 2011 - 03:22 PM.

#3 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3997 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 03:36 PM

Right on start,
for object light1:

Error in code at line 6:
   if global.lights=1
             ^
at position 12: Unknown variable lights
But then (after ignoring a hundred of these), it's a nice game. Even while there are only 4 levels (?) now.
Certainly more polished than v1 :)

Edited by YellowAfterlife, 11 May 2011 - 03:36 PM.

#4 Cakefish

Cakefish

I Shot The Sheriff

• GMC Member
  • 1468 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 05:32 PM

Same errors as above. I did remember to extract before playing.

Edited by Player_2, 13 May 2011 - 03:56 PM.

#5 RicoRaccoon

RicoRaccoon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

Oh your right. Sorry! I'll get a fix out ASAP.

Edited by RicoRaccoon, 14 May 2011 - 11:21 AM.

#6 RicoRaccoon

RicoRaccoon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 11:21 AM

Fixed

I forgot to indicate that global.lights was a variable in the beginning. :P

Everything you need is here: http://www.therevolv...2/PoloBBEv2.zip (Exe, and music)

#7 RicoRaccoon

RicoRaccoon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Shameless bump. I feel that I can get a few more replies out of this.

#8 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 3882 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

got to the forth level. got an error.
for object light1:
Trying to use non-existing surface.
must have something to do with the falling snow.
i think the story text went too fast. i think pushing space to continue would be great.
polo seems to be coming along nicely and you've fixed a bunch of glitches. the view is zoomed out more and it's easier to see. can't wait for those factory levels =)

#9 lasttea999

lasttea999

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 290 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 11:03 PM

Cool! Somehow it took me a while to figure out that the umbrella item is used with the Z button, though. Also, I feel that some of the enemies (mostly the ones that shoot stuff) are unnecessarily difficult to deal with.

Edited by lasttea999, 24 May 2011 - 11:06 PM.

#10 RicoRaccoon

RicoRaccoon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:18 AM

Cool, Thanks slayer 64. I'll fix that. I honestly should of polished it up before releasing it, but I was curious to see if we were going in the right direction, engine wise.

Next release Im aiming for a proper tutorial, actual notifcation of version updates, and a few moar levels.

#11 TomboFry

TomboFry

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

2 Words:
Best Game Ever!
Wait that was three...

But seriously, I'm really enjoying this game, and I really like the first one too.
The music is awesome (!), especially "3dgalax", and I saw your wiki page and wanted to make some music for you, but it seems you already have better composers than me :S hehe.
I haven't found any bugs yet (as far as I'm aware) and it's coming along very nicely, although I have noticed that the vertex lighting does slow it down a lot, but it still looks amazing without it :)

I'm also thinking that this game should be ported onto the PS3/XBox, like Spelunky was!
It's games like these (Polo I'm talking about) that should set the example for the capability of Game Maker, because a lot of people think Game Maker produces terrible games, but, clearly not!

#12 RicoRaccoon

RicoRaccoon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 62 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:31 AM

2 Words:
Best Game Ever!
Wait that was three...

But seriously, I'm really enjoying this game, and I really like the first one too.
The music is awesome (!), especially "3dgalax", and I saw your wiki page and wanted to make some music for you, but it seems you already have better composers than me :S hehe.
I haven't found any bugs yet (as far as I'm aware) and it's coming along very nicely, although I have noticed that the vertex lighting does slow it down a lot, but it still looks amazing without it :)

I'm also thinking that this game should be ported onto the PS3/XBox, like Spelunky was!
It's games like these (Polo I'm talking about) that should set the example for the capability of Game Maker, because a lot of people think Game Maker produces terrible games, but, clearly not!

Thanks for the compliment, That means a lot to us and gives us motive to continue work on Polo. We actually are still in need of a composer, and if you're the one who emailed me, I'll be replying shortly.

I'd love to port the game to Consoles and Mac OS. But have no idea how to go about doing so, especially consoles. I am, however, building an Arcade Cabinet for Polo to setup at our local arcade and mall. More details here: http://therevolve.com/homepage/?p=356

#13 TomboFry

TomboFry

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 07:53 PM

Friendly bump? It's a shame this game isn't noticed as much as it could, I quite like the game...

Although it doesn't have to be a bump, I don't know if it this is good news or not but if you wanted Polo ported to Mac, (now I don't have a Mac myself but we have at least 30 at my school) I could see about getting Game Maker on them and exporting the game on that, although I don't know if that would work at all... since Game Maker on the Mac is different and I wouldn't be able to get a Pro version (8.0 or whatever version you're using) on a school computer. Plus the technicians don't like me because I'm too smart for them (not meaning to brag or anything... :S)

#14 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 3882 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:02 AM

i miss polo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users