• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheStranger

TheStranger

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:15 AM

The year is 2025. Advances in science and technology allow major weapons called Uber Weapons to be made. However, due to their immense cost, the old weapons are still intact, too. The world hopes to lower the uber weapon price to a reasonable cost someday.

But that's not all.

A new threat has emerged. Mutated bugs are beginning to attack the world and call themselves the dominant species. All of humanity fears this race, but a hero will emerge and stop the bugs. You.

Your commander has granted you access to 8 units - 4 standard and 4 uber - to stop the bugs from unleashing their wrath upon the world. The fate of the world is in your hands now. Will you stop the bugs? Let's hope so.

Game Name: Modernized Tower Defense
Category: Tower Defense
Made with GM 8.1
Vista Compatible: YES
Screen Resolution: 640 x 480
Download Link: http://ultrashare.ne...zedTowerDefense
(Now that my yoyogames account is working, here is the yoyogames link: http://www.yoyogames...d-tower-defense )
Screenshots: [Coming soon]

Update (v1.0.1)
  • Clarified instructions to show how to delete a tower (D)
  • Created a parent object for towers
  • Towers should no longer be able to be placed on top of other towers

Update (v1.1.1)
  • "Very Hard" Stage added! Can you conquer its massive difficulty? We wish you luck!
  • New download link added (Refer above)

Edited by TheStranger, 10 May 2011 - 07:21 PM.

#2 TheStranger

TheStranger

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

Anybody home? I would appreciate some feedback about this game, and what you would like to see in the sequel.

#3 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 3816 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 11 May 2011 - 09:42 PM

Why, average.
* Towers are bad at shooting things. EXTREMELY BAD. So bad that they seem to be shooting top-left corner of mob. v.hard difficulty is hard only because of this.
* Music is pretty epic. I dont know where you got it, but it certainly made game better.
* Graphics are bad. Really. I think if you would keep objects as single-colored shapes it would look nicer than now.
* Lack of possibility to un-fullscreen the game is sad.
* I have a feeling that sniper towers never actually hit anything, just because of speed they shoot bullets with.
* Game is seriously lacking UI. When I played at first, I had basically no idea what I'm buying.
* Flamethowers & shotguns seem to be quite a lot better than other weapons.
* After leaving the game 'alone' for 15 minutes, I can say that it doesn't look like I'm going to loose any time soon on v.hard difficulty:
Posted Image
Keep working on it, and you'll have a great game. For now I'm not rating it.

#4 TheStranger

TheStranger

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 10:32 AM

Why, average.
* Towers are bad at shooting things. EXTREMELY BAD. So bad that they seem to be shooting top-left corner of mob. v.hard difficulty is hard only because of this.
* Music is pretty epic. I dont know where you got it, but it certainly made game better.
* Graphics are bad. Really. I think if you would keep objects as single-colored shapes it would look nicer than now.
* Lack of possibility to un-fullscreen the game is sad.
* I have a feeling that sniper towers never actually hit anything, just because of speed they shoot bullets with.
* Game is seriously lacking UI. When I played at first, I had basically no idea what I'm buying.
* Flamethowers & shotguns seem to be quite a lot better than other weapons.
* After leaving the game 'alone' for 15 minutes, I can say that it doesn't look like I'm going to loose any time soon on v.hard difficulty:
Posted Image
Keep working on it, and you'll have a great game. For now I'm not rating it.

Yea, I kind of suspected bad quality. I'll try to fix these in the sequel. But some things I can fix now.

• I'll make an attempt to devise a way to fix the glitch to where it shoots ONLY enemies in range.
  • The music? Oh, the supreme commander soundtrack.
  • I do have to admit, my math teacher thought the towers were condiments. I'll try to improve graphics.
  • I thought of un-fullscreening at first, but now, I'll fix it to where widescreening is DEFINITELY possible.
  • I'll try to add UI in the next installment. Luckily, I didn't leave the "Didn't know" part totally alone. The glossary is a good alternative.
  • I'll try to lower the power of the flamethrowers/shotguns. If not, then I'll crank up the price. BY A LOT.

Thanks for your feedback. This helped the game A LOT.

#5 filulilus

filulilus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 966 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:52 PM

Can't try it atm (not at home).

But what makes the game "modernized"?
You have some new game play ides or is it just that it's the year of 2025? :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users