#1 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:36 AM

SHOTGUN FUNFUN ONLINE
Shotgun FunFun just got better...

Shotgun FunFun Online is as it sounds, an online version of Chad Chisholm's successor, Shotgun FunFun.
The original Shotgun FunFun is an arcade shooter where your are the sole survivor of a zombie demon apocolypse. you and your trusty shotgun which seems to never run out of bullets are faced against 100,000 zombies. your final score is dependent on both the time you survived, and the rate at which you **** up zombies.
For anyone who knows that Chad Chisholm released a .gmk version of Shotgun FunFun, know that i did not use that engine to create this, this game was made from scratch using a combination of Chad's sprites and My own. To be clear, all programming was done by me and unique games.
Another note, the online play is currently not working and all lobbies are filled with bots, HOWEVER, we are looking for 4 beta testers to help test the new online engine, to become a beta tester please contact Unique Games at: jacks-corp@hotmail.co.uk as a beta tester you will help to get this back online as soon as possible aswell as early access to the online version! :D

these new elements are currently part of the game:

Online play for up to 4 players.
New wide variety of weapons.
New zombie demon types.
Ranking system.
Headshots, Longshots, Melee kills and more.
different method of scoring

If you dont believe the game has changed, here are some screenshots to prove it:
for some reason game maker community wont let me put up images, so here are the links!
sffo screenshot 1
sffo screenshot 2
sffo screenshot 3
sffo screenshot 4

Download Info:
Filesize: 5.83MB / 6.93MB (unzipped)
Filetype: .exe / .rar
Download: Shotgun FunFun Online Download
Download (unzipped):SFFO Download (alternative) this is incase you dont have winrar

Check the game out on yoyogames.com!
Shotgun FunFun Online on yoyogames

Edited by p3bbles, 10 May 2011 - 05:45 AM.

#2 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4024 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 May 2011 - 11:44 AM

Empty topic is exactly what you need.

#3 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:31 PM

Empty topic is exactly what you need.

i fixed that, i thought i clicked preview post, no submit. anyway it should be fixed now

#4 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:52 PM

Zipped link is broken. You're really on top of things today.

Edit: Very good AI. Despite of the bad advertisement, this is indeed an amusing Game Maker game. But I'll wait for it to hit online stage nonetheless. Which I originally thought it was (wonder why).

Edited by Jobo, 07 May 2011 - 02:29 PM.

#5 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 12:58 PM

Edit: This is awesome fun. And people actually play it? Even more awesome. Never alone!

fixed the link, hopefully i'll have no further problem with this post. feedback yay :D glad you like it

#6 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2254 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:09 PM

Edit: This is awesome fun. And people actually play it? Even more awesome. Never alone!

I hope this is as good as you say it is... dloading...
Edit: Why do I get the feeling this is just a game with clever AI?

Edited by orange08, 07 May 2011 - 01:25 PM.

#7 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:29 PM

Edit: Why do I get the feeling this is just a game with clever AI?

Now that you mention it, the other people's aims does rotate quite smoothly.
And they don't leave games.

"waiting for player" just ticked "ready" in the server.
Now I'm playing with BOTS whose name says "waiting for player" when I hover over them.. They are just as good as those with names?

Edited by Jobo, 07 May 2011 - 01:32 PM.

#8 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:36 PM

ok i'll admit it, it is just clever AI. if you read the yoyogames page you'd know that already.
problem is i wanna just leave it for people to think its online, dont ask why, but i just do. if you feel i really must put that in the main post, then let me know and i will.
damn i thought i'd fixed that waiting for player glitch

Edited by p3bbles, 07 May 2011 - 01:41 PM.

#9 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2254 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

I am disappoint.
Still, though, nicely made and I wish you would make a bigger map.

Edited by orange08, 07 May 2011 - 01:44 PM.

#10 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:42 PM

problem is i wanna just leave it for people to think its online, dont ask why, but i just do.

Enough said. I'm ignoring your future games.

#11 Xardov

Xardov

Game Developer

• GMC Member
  • 292 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

Online game is offline game. :D

#12 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2254 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:45 PM

problem is i wanna just leave it for people to think its online, dont ask why, but i just do.

What the heck? A guy makes an awesome game like this, with AI that actually works, and you say you're going to ignore any more games he makes? o_O
Edit: BTW, p3bbles... I noticed that the servers don't appear in order. They appear in their preset places? :P

Edited by orange08, 07 May 2011 - 01:46 PM.

#13 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:47 PM

What the heck? A guy makes an awesome game like this, with AI that actually works, and you say you're going to ignore any more games he makes? o_O
Edit: BTW, p3bbles... I noticed that the servers don't appear in order. They appear in their preset places? :P

i think he's joking, but if he isnt... why so ignorant?
Edit: the servers are random, but when you refresh i got lazy and decided to just let them refresh were they are. you'll find if you reopen the game you'll get a whole new list of servers

Edited by p3bbles, 07 May 2011 - 01:48 PM.

#14 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:48 PM

SHOTGUN FUNFUN ONLINE
Shotgun FunFun just got better..
Shotgun FunFun Online is as it sounds, an online version of Chad Chisholm's successor, Shotgun FunFun.
[...]

ok i'll admit it, it is just clever AI.

Edited by Jobo, 07 May 2011 - 01:50 PM.

#15 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:51 PM

SHOTGUN FUNFUN ONLINE
Shotgun FunFun just got better..
[...]

alright, to be honest, i wanna test out how convincing my AI are. and its kinda hard to advertise a game playing with bots compared to an online game. and if you read the yoyogames post you'll read that a member by the name of unique games is currently converting it to an ONLINE state. so it will be false advertising for only a few days/weeks, however long it takes.

#16 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4024 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:56 PM

Spoiler

Edited by YellowAfterlife, 07 May 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#17 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 01:57 PM

so it will be false advertising for only a few days/weeks, however long it takes.

Once it IS an online game with actual ONLINE features, THEN you can advertise for it as an online game. This is NOT an online game.

If you must know, the AI is convincing when you aren't looking at it. I didn't realise it was bots before orange08 suggested that it was just clever AI. Then I looked at it's movement, etc, and easily noticed that he was correct.

Ask, "how convincing is my AI?" instead of saying an offline game is an online game. That's just not cool.
Why would you even want to try to take credit for something you aren't good enough to make?

Oh you, spoiling one. I wish I could -1' all your posts now.

I've had it like that with your posts since I started using the gmc, so don't worry about it.

Edited by Jobo, 07 May 2011 - 01:58 PM.

#18 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:02 PM

wow, this is a much more unforgiving world than yoyogames.
can i just say, on yoyogames i easily got 8000 plays, and like 200 comments saying how great the game was inspite of the fact it was offline,and only 2 critical comments like yours. and here, well, the second person to view the thread is already having a go at me. is there anything wrong with trying to get this game some publicity before it goes online?
oh and you wouldnt be able to give an accurate reading of just how convincing they are when you know they're AI
Edit: the main post has been edited, it now says that the lobbies/servers are filled with bots.

Edited by p3bbles, 07 May 2011 - 02:21 PM.

#19 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:23 PM

oh and you wouldnt be able to give an accurate reading of just how convincing they are when you know they're AI

Yes you can.

is there anything wrong with trying to get this game some publicity before it goes online?

Generally no.
In the way you're doing it; yes.

It's petty to announce it as an online game when there's nothing online about it.

Edit: the main post has been edited, it now says that the lobbies/servers are filled with bots.

I will edit my first post accordingly.

Edited by Jobo, 07 May 2011 - 02:28 PM.

#20 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4024 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:30 PM

Offtopic stuff:
Spoiler

Edit (05:42 GMT+2) On-topic (of replies that I should have added if).
The only visible wrong thing is font used - Arial seems to be a bit too simple choice for this kind of game. Also it's a bit un-aligned due to GM's rendering system (that can be fixed by compiling with GameMaker8.1)
Achievements, ranks, and stats have made this more fun and replayable, comparing to original game.

Edited by YellowAfterlife, 07 May 2011 - 02:54 PM.

#21 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:32 PM

thank you for both your feedback and a somewhat interesting flame.

#22 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

I don't want to tell people to turn away from this topic now that he has stated in the main post that it is indeed offline.

Edited by Jobo, 07 May 2011 - 02:33 PM.

#23 borut

borut

Courage Wolf Productions

• GMC Member
  • 1329 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

Yellow, do you only troll and flame? Guy just made an online version of the game and gave credits! So stop crying now...

EDIT: figured that it's not online but still! :D

Edited by mold03, 07 May 2011 - 02:43 PM.

#24 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:40 PM

I will edit my first post accordingly.

You're thinking a bit too much of yourself huh?
Go put 20 pages of flame on http://www.yoyogames...3-blobbz-online - it's not online and its featured. Forward.

that game is indeed why i thought it would be considered ok for me to put up a game that titles itself "online" and is not.

#25 Jobo

Jobo

Freelancer

• Local Moderators
  • 2791 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:43 PM

Never seen that game before but unlike you, YellowAfterlife, I'm not going to make a post entirely based on a different game than the OP's.

I'll be sure to check back once it's actually online. It's going to become an epic game by then - I for one will definitely play it.

#26 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 02:50 PM

i have been having some alignment issues, and the i didnt use arial, it must have been an usupported font i used. now i think the alignment issues are due to a difference in resolution, because i've never had them, but testers have told me about them and i havent thought of a way to fix them without causing myself alignment issues. as for compiling to/with 8.1 it will be a while before we get 8.1

#27 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2254 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

I'd like to suggest a bigger map(maybe even multiple maps?).
And if this is fake, why can't you have more bots(more than just 4 players)? :D

#28 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4024 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:20 PM

Spoiler

i have been having some alignment issues, and the i didnt use arial, it must have been an usupported font i used. now i think the alignment issues are due to a difference in resolution, because i've never had them, but testers have told me about them and i havent thought of a way to fix them without causing myself alignment issues. as for compiling to/with 8.1 it will be a while before we get 8.1

Fonts get embedded into executable as a image. So it means that you might did not have that font on your computer upon compilation (Game Maker does not notify about that).
One other thing, usefull for now and later, make Escape switch game to Lobby with a transition, instead of closing game. Because as of now, waiting for everyone to die can be boring.
To implement that, the best way would be to add persistent object that compares room with lobby room, and closes the game or goes to lobby room accordingly (standart Esc key actions can be disabled in global settings, but I think you know that).
Also I've noticed that all zombies have the same death animation sprite, which is noticable on those with headgears.
For the simulation...
Spoiler

Also I agree with orange08 - more maps would be call. Especially maps where you die if fell out of maps (for zombies, it should add score to last player hitting it), and a vertical map (~1x8 proportion) with high zombie spawn rate (yes, zombie rain!)

Edited by YellowAfterlife, 07 May 2011 - 03:23 PM.

#29 ProjectOne

ProjectOne

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 50 posts

Posted 07 May 2011 - 03:47 PM

So this is not working online yet? :) The game is nice. Needs more maps and then start running it online ;D It's awsome.

Edited by ProjectOne, 07 May 2011 - 03:48 PM.

#30 p3bbles

p3bbles

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 12:10 AM

Spoiler

Fonts get embedded into executable as a image. So it means that you might did not have that font on your computer upon compilation (Game Maker does not notify about that).
One other thing, usefull for now and later, make Escape switch game to Lobby with a transition, instead of closing game. Because as of now, waiting for everyone to die can be boring.
To implement that, the best way would be to add persistent object that compares room with lobby room, and closes the game or goes to lobby room accordingly (standart Esc key actions can be disabled in global settings, but I think you know that).
Also I've noticed that all zombies have the same death animation sprite, which is noticable on those with headgears.
For the simulation...
Spoiler

Also I agree with orange08 - more maps would be call. Especially maps where you die if fell out of maps (for zombies, it should add score to last player hitting it), and a vertical map (~1x8 proportion) with high zombie spawn rate (yes, zombie rain!)

the adding bots to lobbies is exactly what has been implimented but at the moment the online isnt working so bots have been added to all lobbies. as for new maps, it has been a common suggestion, currently working on a way to possibly remap the server list to fit map names. yes all the zombies use the same death animations, but there are 6 dependent on where you hit them, and if you look close enough you'll see their headgear fly off on death. now the ESC thing, im not sure weather you mean ESC going to the server menu, or the lobby. and if ESC were to go to the lobby how would that be implemented, considering other players are still playing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users