8 replies to this topic

#1 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:08 PM

The Name of this Game is Ocean Insane (GMC Jam #2 Entry)
Posted Image
A platform adventure game with procedurally generated levels.
You are a scuba diver who awakes deep in the ocean... will you make it back to the top before your air supply runs out? ... Or is your quest just... Insane?

5 Levels and then a boss level and then... the end?

PLEASE READ THE CONTROLS:
Arrow keys to move left and right, Up arrow key to point your gun up, Down arrow key to point your gun down, Z to jump, X to shoot. Escape to Exit.

Posted Image

Download:
Host-a: http://www.host-a.ne...cean Insane.zip

Have fun, and please play all the GMC Jam #2 games and vote for your favorite! Here: http://gmc.yoyogames...pic=506874&st=0

-orange08

Edited by orange08, 03 November 2011 - 01:18 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#2 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4157 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 02 May 2011 - 03:59 PM

Nice game.
Screenshot strip:
Posted Image
1: Second try, I failed to keep character in one piece till end of level 5. These tri-shot fishes are pretty tough!
2: Game complete!! Ending was a little bit dissappointing, but I guess I should have expected this from game with this theme.
If my posts contain broken links, try looking around my website. I gradually make blog posts for any examples I make.
_.png_.gif

#3 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 04:06 PM

Thanks so much for playing and commenting! I was afraid the game might be too hard (You never know, since I made the game and I know how everything works and how to win).
Yeah, the ending wasn't that great, but I needed a way to tie my game in more with the Insanity theme. :)

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#4 TerraFriedSheep

TerraFriedSheep

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 3273 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 03 May 2011 - 12:57 AM

Cool game, graphics are very pleasant. I found swimming, moving, holding the gun up and shooting all at the same time a little tricky, but you get used to it! I havn't completed it yet though!

#5 zaceron

zaceron

GMC Member

• 25 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:52 AM

umm, either there is something wrong with the site, cus I cant open it, therefore I can't try this game

#6 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 06:46 PM

Cool game, graphics are very pleasant. I found swimming, moving, holding the gun up and shooting all at the same time a little tricky, but you get used to it! I havn't completed it yet though!

Thanks! Just be patient, try not to rush through hordes of enemies... just a random thing I might add, originally you would start out with 5 lives, but I thought some people might find the game too hard so that's why you start out with 8! :ph34r:

umm, either there is something wrong with the site, cus I cant open it, therefore I can't try this game

Please elaborate, can you unzip zip files?

I have plans to expand this game a lot more. I'll probably restart the game entirely and make a more efficient room generator and some better gameplay =D

Edited by orange08, 03 May 2011 - 06:47 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png

#7 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:45 PM

I find the graphics quite appealing. In fact, why I downloaded the game! Good job on them.

Spoiler

Level loading was a bit slow on my computer. Maybe a 'loading' text.

I don't feel that pro-generating the room really added anything to the gameplay. Maybe if there was more variety it would have.

Anyway good game! Not feeling the insanity, though..
HTML5 games for mobile:
HexDogs Bugz Burn! Captain George Golfing Block Memory

Games for Androids
*NEW* Word Dog - Published by Dangerous_Dave

Code: General Array Functions - GM-S friendly. sorting, shuffling. Includes a quicksort.
Use the quicksort to sort ds_lists 10-18 times faster than ds_list_sort()!

#8 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:28 PM

I find the graphics quite appealing. In fact, why I downloaded the game! Good job on them.

Thanks! :)

Spoiler

I was wondering if that would ever happen to anyone XD

Level loading was a bit slow on my computer. Maybe a 'loading' text.

I don't feel that pro-generating the room really added anything to the gameplay. Maybe if there was more variety it would have.

Anyway good game! Not feeling the insanity, though..

The ending is the only part that ties this game in with Insanity, I guess... next time I'll try to fit with the theme better.

I've already started working on the remake! It's going to have many more improvements! Including a number that tells how much percentage of the room has been generated before you play it!

Edited by orange08, 04 May 2011 - 06:29 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png

#9 fawful

fawful

dear leader

• GMC Member
  • 1321 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:18 AM

cool game, orange

however i'm afraid that death in this game is pretty disheartening and makes you give up quick

but the pressentation and graphics and well done so points for you thare

FABULOUS