#1 GPro

GPro

Gun Powder Games

• GMC Member
  • 293 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Credits are optional but very appreciated ^_^
Update! I've released another version of the combat system, now it also has ranged and magic skills! Posted Image

Link: http://www.mediafire...1520exbev8olcb8

Edited by GPro, 30 May 2011 - 06:45 AM.

#2 LeoInks

LeoInks

GMC Member

• 162 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:16 PM

thanks a lot for the Combat System

( I Actually dont use the combat system )

I Just read the codes... Play the example and it gave me an idea for my Combat System that i was really needing.

you are a genius xD.

wHY I DONT USE THE COMBAT SYSTEM? Well i read it and it was not going to fit in my game... but it gave me an idea , I Kind off adapted the code for my game , but not adapted it... I Write the code with the idea your code gave me.

So Thanks a lot xD

#3 Joey McClenahan

Joey McClenahan

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 10:22 PM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET thank u wise one :D

#4 GPro

GPro

Gun Powder Games

• GMC Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:51 AM

SWEEEEEEEEEEEET thank u wise one :D

Haha, thanks! :D

#5 game ukko

game ukko

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:39 PM

i am limited to some download sites and i have lite edition, i'm not sure if it is 3d or not and the price of download, please comment for me to know

#6 GPro

GPro

Gun Powder Games

• GMC Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 06:11 AM

i am limited to some download sites and i have lite edition, i'm not sure if it is 3d or not and the price of download, please comment for me to know

You don't have to pay to download this, and you can run it on a lite edition, and it is not 3D, if it would have been 3D it would have been pro-only

#7 dodo100

dodo100

GMC Member

• 20 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:15 AM

thank you very much

#8 GPro

GPro

Gun Powder Games

• GMC Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 08:07 AM

thank you very much

Thank you very much too, I'm planning to update it soon.

#9 REALDEAL

REALDEAL

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:23 PM

U rock can you make more sprites monsters pleasssssse thnxs

#10 fluffydino2000

fluffydino2000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 220 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 07:41 PM

It's nice, i'm actually doing pretty much this already but instead of walking into each other to hurt, they create weapons/arrows/magical attacks(well no magic yet) in front of you with the exp basically the same.

#11 GPro

GPro

Gun Powder Games

• GMC Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

It's nice, i'm actually doing pretty much this already but instead of walking into each other to hurt, they create weapons/arrows/magical attacks(well no magic yet) in front of you with the exp basically the same.

Congratulations, I hope your coding goes well, and thanks for using my example ;)

#12 n00bisharchmage

n00bisharchmage

GMC Member

• 11 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 06:26 AM

I'm trying to understand it. Is there a version that has more comments?

#13 GVD

GVD

GMC Member

• 6 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

That's really nice! I'll see if I make RPGs later on!

#14 zero6251

zero6251

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

how do you make an RPG game anyway? :blink:

#15 GPro

GPro

Gun Powder Games

• GMC Member
  • 293 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:49 PM

how do you make an RPG game anyway? :blink:

Well, it is up to you, but you can find some tutorials on youtube.

#16 DESTRUKTORRR

DESTRUKTORRR

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:16 PM

( I Actually dont use the combat system )

"I Just read the codes... Play the example and it gave me an idea for my Combat System that i was really needing."

"Why didn't I use this combat system? I read through it, and it was not going to fit in my game... but it gave me an idea: I adapted the code for my game."

So Thanks a lot xD

Forgive the corrections... force of habit :P (seriously, nothing against you, I assume you don't speak English as a first language, so no worries. Chances are I'd do far worse trying to speak your native tongue haha).

So, I haven't tested this yet, as I'm currently at school, using university computers, so I can't exactly just download Game Maker and run these things on it, but I like to take spare time between classes and find decent tutorials and examples to look over for when I get home, then email the links to myself.

Anyway, the actual reason I'm replying to this is because this is -exactly- what I feel people should be doing with these examples. I have a fairly thorough background in programming, and I've found that too many beginners to programming flock to things like this (where an entire, highly specific system has been completely laid out for them) in stead of learning to make the system for themselves.

This is not so much a problem when talking about experienced programmers, as it is a -colossal- time saver (this is generally how "game engines" are used, but with a bit more intensive modification, generally), but when teaching/learning programming, taking such shortcuts is pretty counterproductive, since the understanding of how these things actually work is what tells you when to use them, and how they might need to be modified.

The process you described is known as "reverse engineering." This basically means starting with an end product and learning how it works and how it was constructed by taking it apart and analyzing the individual parts with respect to the object as a whole.

Especially when it comes to programming, reverse engineering rather than "copy-pasting" is usually a much better idea, since certain aspects of the example code may be inefficient overall, or even only inefficient given how you needed to use it, which would require editing, and the learning process is much more in-depth than just taking code, making you a better programmer!

Overall: I'm glad to see at least -someone- on here doesn't just use these as crutches in stead of learning from them, and growing as a programmer. :D

#17 _Error

_Error

GMC Member

• 23 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:34 PM

I have to start off saying thanks for uploading this awesome template. I've changed the sprites of the player so that it is an animated sprite (left, right, up, down) but how can i add it so that the obj_ enemy changes to a different sprite, because i also have a set of animated sprites for the enemy.

#18 shadforwhat??

shadforwhat??

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:30 AM

if someone could help me, im trying to make a RPG, and i want it to have a battle system sorta like paper mario...exept less paper'y.. and well i dont even know were to start so....any suggestion

ps: im cinda new here and sense this is a thing about rpgs i "think" this is the place to ask :/

#19 Lucky Duck

Lucky Duck

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 155 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 September 2014 - 05:37 AM

Thanks A ton! ' :woot:

#20 Yal

Yal

Gun Princess

• Global Moderators
  • 9154 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 14 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

First of all, ask question in the Questions and Answers forum board, don't hijack people's topics.

Secondly, don't bump topics that are several years old.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users