• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sebastian733

Sebastian733

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 09:06 PM

The Virus 3 is like his forerunner a topdown zombie survival shooter. The Virus 3 is similar to Left 4 Dead. The gameplay is now faster and the weaponsystem more studied. The equipment is like in L4D divided in first and second weapon, grenade, primary healing and temporary healing. In this way, the game is much more diversified, because you can play everytime different and also because of the leveldesign you can create your own strategies/ways of playing. 4 difficulty arrange it so that beginners also survive more rounds and see more of the game. There are also 2 new sorts of zombies, 15 different weapons, 7 equipments and 10(+2) maps. The game also offers 8 other modes besides the Survival Mode. The Virus 3 is of course more fun in the coop mode. You simply need a pc controller(tested with xbox controller). The game is in the coop mode more cooperative than the forerunner, because you can interact with the other player. You can heal him, you can revive him, when he is dead and you can give him medicine. You have the choice between 2 characters. Matthew, the main character of part 2 and the US-Marine Ethan.

Posted Image

To maintain the fun, I involved an online highscore, together with an achievementsystem. In every mode (except the offline mutliplayer and the Campaign Mode) you have the possibility to compete with other players. The achievmentsystem includes much tasks, you have to handle. After solving an achievement, you get achievementpoints. If you have all of them, you unlock 2 special maps. You also have the facility to unlock two more characters.

Download it on yoyogames

Features:
-9 different modes
-7 sorts of zombies
-12 maps
-15 weapons
-3 sorts of grenades
-achievements
-online highscore
-coop splitscreen mode
-colourful graphic
-awesome music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRN4Se-jD00&feature=mh_lolz&list=HL1310489002
Screenshot:
Posted Image

Edited by Sebastian733, 17 July 2011 - 12:02 PM.

#2 Sebastian733

Sebastian733

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:28 PM

Ouh, come on guys. I need much more feedbacks.:( What did I wrong? What did I right? Is this game not worth to get feedbacks?

I worked hard on it and it would be sad, when it gets no attention. :unsure:

Edited by Sebastian733, 08 April 2011 - 10:46 PM.

#3 piedude04

piedude04

GMC Member

• 330 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 06:51 AM

The presentation of the game is really good. Graphics and animations on the most part are quite nice.

Sound is decent, too. Not a whole lot of sound going on, but it fit the game nicely. Although what bugged me is that the menu sounds were a little too familiar...

Gameplay is average, just a standard zombie shooter - running backwards and shooting. Weapon mechanics are better than a lot of other stuff I see in here.

Something that annoyed me were the collisions with those trees. It's hard to tell if you can fit through a gap between two trees, and you can't pass underneath them like the zombies can.

The story was, like most zombie shooters, really cliche, and the text didn't help at all. It's all right if English wasn't your first language, but the text looked like it came straight from Google Translate.

The presentation of the game is where it really shines, and the effort really pays off in that respect.

#4 Sebastian733

Sebastian733

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

The most texts were translated by a guy, who studied english. The "Achievements" and "Tips" were translated by a other person. Because of that I don't unterstand why the story texts are not good english. In "The Virus 2" I used the google translator, but not in The Virus 3.:S

Ok not only you found it confusing(:P) that the zombies only can walk under the trees. The player should have perimeters and it should be surprising when the zombie suddenly come out from the tree. ^_^

Thank you very much for your helpful critique.:)

Edited by Sebastian733, 12 July 2011 - 05:41 PM.

#5 Sebastian733

Sebastian733

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 34 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 05:45 PM

I edited the description and added a video.

Give many comments on yoyogames, give good ranking and give reviews, please.:)

#6 lLxJLxJl

lLxJLxJl

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:20 AM

i liked the bathrooms in the screen shot :D