Candlejack's Map Editor
Fully Functional V1.0
I'm working on a game and made a pretty decent Map Editor. I figured before I went on with it I'd share what I've got done. For my game, I'm actually going to make the entire game through the editor (NPCs, story line, spells, items, etc) so that will probably be my project for the next year or so. But that's besides the point xP
Fully working map editor, can place floor and wall objects in your map. You can then save and load maps through the editor, or play the maps you've made!
* Create maps! Place floor and wall objects
* Maps saved in INI format in a separate folder (dll included)
* Able to store variables giving your instances the ability to be unique
* Ability to save/load maps through the map editor
* Ability to play your created maps
(not related but included)
* Fancy button system
Download map editor.zip from Host-A
If you want to give credit please just link my youtube channel
VERY IMPORTANT (forgot to add in the game document)
I've stretched the sprites. They're originally 16x16, I've stretched them once they're in the game to 32x32. Because of this, in the editor it skips every 16x16 square then makes a new object. I'll post a thing on how to change that if it's needed.
Edited by Candlejack, 16 March 2011 - 04:24 PM.