Dev Tool: c# VS 2010
Requirements: Windows, .net 2.0, OpenGL 1.1
Been awhile since I posted anything like this, but from past experiences, I believe this is the right place to post something like this. GMare is an open source alternative room editor for Game Maker versions 5 through 8.1. Offering user friendly tools to create rooms quickly and easily. It also offers various import and export options.
The collision editor part of GMare does not have any direction at this time, and thus does not work. It is also recommended that you back up your project if you decide to export the room to a Game Maker project file. (GMare will remind you of this before it overwrites a project) There is also some example projects to show how to import a GMare .bin from disk.
- Rooms are created in separate project files which can be shared easily within a dev team environment.
- Rooms can be exported to an image file.
- Rooms can be exported to a binary file.
- Rooms can be exported directly to a Game Maker project file. (Supports GM5 through GM8.1)
- Import room from a supported image format (.png, .bmp, .gif)
- Easy to use tools and intuitive design. Making for less mistakes when switching between tile layers.
- Pencil tool - Paints single or multiple tiles.
- Bucket tool - Fills with a single or multiple tiles. Smart fill.
- Selection tool - Cut, Copy and paste tiles where needed.
- Tile swap tool - Swaps single or multiple tiles.
- Shift tool - Shifts a single or all layers in a desired direction.
- Collision editor - For collision rectangles, and triangles. (Still in WIP)
- Layer text viewer - lists tiles in text.
- Instance editor - Sets instances based off imported objects.
Thank you for your time, and I hope this tool is useful.
Edited by xfixium, 20 August 2011 - 01:12 PM.