• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mecool1

mecool1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:31 PM

ok if you were asking for common questions why would that be considered game design and ideas? that had nothing to do with a game.

#2 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2673 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:40 PM

If it had nothing to do with a game then it doesn't belong on these forums at all... <_<

#3 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2504 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 09:46 PM

ok if you were asking for common questions why would that be considered game design and ideas? that had nothing to do with a game.

Every question has a "genre", miscellaneous "genre" questions not pertinent to GM or game design or games in general, or game distribution techniques are simple not allowed on this forum, as far as I know.

#4 mecool1

mecool1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:01 PM

ok well its not a game, its an engine for npc chat. now i was just asking for common questions to put into the programming. it had nothing to do with ideas or game design.

#5 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2673 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

"I wasn't asking for ideas, I was asking for the community to give their ideas on what they think a chat AI might say"

Hmmm... I don't know what it was moved into Game Ideas and Design... do you have any idea?

#6 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2504 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

ok well its not a game, its an engine for npc chat. now i was just asking for common questions to put into the programming. it had nothing to do with ideas or game design.

Most people will not help you unless you show what you have already attempted.

#7 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 6800 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:07 PM

Maybe so. But was it related to the GMC Community? It was your programming issue, for your engine. Not a Community concern.

If you just stop and think for a second, you'll understand why it got moved.

Edited by chance, 21 January 2011 - 11:22 PM.

#8 mecool1

mecool1

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 03:18 AM

well i have stopped an thought and still cant figure out why.

It was your programming issue

it was not an issue i was asking for question to program into it.

"I wasn't asking for ideas, I was asking for the community to give their ideas on what they think a chat AI might say"

where'd you get that? i never said that.. i see your point though but still i was just asking for general questions people would ask on a chat program. now thats what im using it for is a chat ai.

Most people will not help you unless you show what you have already attempted.

so far i have 202 lines of code. now i just started today and have been working on it slowly. so far it works great!

now heres the latest version just so i can prove myself:
http://www.upurload....ef5b1a1698f.gmk

Edited by mecool1, 22 January 2011 - 03:19 AM.

#9 Shadow Link

Shadow Link

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1597 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 04:07 AM

The Game Ideas and Design forum was put there for people to post questions related to their game/engine/whatever before it is made. After there is a working example, it would belong on the Works in Progress section. Specific programming issues would belong in Novice and Intermediate users; specific issues related to the community that don't involve personal issues (your game, your Softwrap gone wrong, etc) would belong in The Community.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users