• GMC Member
  • 11 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 20 January 2011 - 11:05 PM

Hugo's Coffee Conundrum v1.2
A game created by KitaoL.

Download here: [Link]

Synopsis
Hugo finds that his coffee machine is missing, the coffee grounds are gone, and a note from Cindy (his girlfriend) tells him that she broke up with him and hid the one thing that gets Hugo through the day. Now Hugo must find his coffee machine and coffee grounds within an hour or he'll be late for work!

A game inspired by older point and clicks of the DOS era, "Hugo" was my first foray into a game whose puzzles were akin to a point and click adventure.

This game is freeware, and you can give it to your friends as long as you keep the ReadMe with the game.

Trivia and other stuff
Hugo as a concept was an idea that stuck in my head for nearly half a year and only just now did I begin to get around to it. The character Hugo himself is much older than that, having started life as a vague pencil drawing in my sketchbook.

I came to the GMC to showcase this game, and also to show my future games off to a larger base. As such, your compliments, constructive criticism, and words are welcome. Just keep a few things in mind:
-Even though I've been making games for years, this is my first full game since I was in the 8th Grade (the results of which you can see on my Yoyo Games profile)
-The music is my first foray into music, please be gentle. :)

Enjoy! :lol:

Edited by KitaoL, 23 January 2011 - 08:54 PM.

#2 KitaoL

KitaoL

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 11 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:54 PM

It's been 2 days and no reply to my game's topic yet, so I'm bumping my topic.

Would anyone please let me know what they think should they choose to try? ^_^

#3 Silverrain64

Silverrain64

GMC Member

• 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2011 - 12:13 AM

It's been 2 days and no reply to my game's topic yet, so I'm bumping my topic. Would anyone please let me know what they think should they choose to try? ^_^

Well, when I saw the characters, my first thought was, "How sad that Ness and Paula ended up this way..." :lol: I like the art style; it reminds me of EarthBound. The music is OK too.

My main criticism is that there is too much time spent fiddling around with the menu. Equipping items before using them seemed like an unnecessary extra step. Another very minor detail: I read some conflicting dialogue about the breakup note. Was it taped to Hugo's nose (intro), or left on the kitchen table (examine table)?

I didn't finish it, but I liked what I saw of the game.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users