192 replies to this topic

#121 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:19 PM

Okay... Can we get back to the subject of this topic : Skyrim? How about these new character models?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Personally I think they look much meaner and dirtier now... Much more what you would expect from a violent and dangerous place!

Oh, and what do you guys think about this?

For the time-poor, such an addictive and potentially confusing game can seem intimidating, which explains Bethesda's decision to make Skyrim much more accessible and user-friendly. Not dumbeddown, just focused, elegant. Anyone who sits outside the 'hardcore' crowd would be forgiven for stumbling out of Oblivion's opening sewer section, taking one look at the vast world map and the rather brown menu system, and just giving up.That's why those fusty old menus have been replaced with easy to navigate, cool-coloured, Apple-inspired interfaces - it's like managing your character via an iPhone as opposed to a weighty old hardback of Oblivion. Your core stats appear as a star chart, you can flick through kit, rotate and examine every item you've picked up - it just feels good.

I'll be honest, when I read that I groaned... WHY does everything these days seem to be i-inspired? Anyway, the full article I got that from is actually a very good read and just about made me cry with anticipation :

http://www.computera...rous-new-world/

#122 Dark Matter

Dark Matter

RPG Expert

• GMC Member
  • 3196 posts

Posted 18 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

I'll be honest, when I read that I groaned... WHY does everything these days seem to be i-inspired?

Maybe because Apple design pretty much the best user interfaces ever?

#123 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2688 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

Okay... Can we get back to the subject of this topic : Skyrim? How about these new character models?

Is that a trick question?

Edit:
Also
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMKJ9fDM2mo

Edited by Rusty, 18 September 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#124 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts

Posted 27 October 2011 - 08:49 PM

Only TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!! Found another nice article with a great gameplay video here :

http://www.computera...ng-more/?page=1

It's also been confirmed that Vampirism will be in the game (Yayayayaya!!!!!!) :

http://www.computera...med-for-skyrim/

And there is even a copy of the game map (in russian!!!) that's been leaked :

Posted Image

#125 IQbrew

IQbrew

Pro-Grammar

• Banned Users
  • 2607 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:39 PM

It's also been confirmed that Vampirism will be in the game (Yayayayaya!!!!!!) :

You do realize that this is just a game, and you only have to wait less than 2 weeks to get it? Sheesh, kids these days.

#126 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2665 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:57 PM

I preordered it for Xbox. It's going to be incredible.

#127 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 08:05 PM

You do realize that this is just a game, and you only have to wait less than 2 weeks to get it? Sheesh, kids these days.

Yep! I know it's a game, but that doesn't mean I can't get excited about it... and I've told my wife that if I ever end up like you, Grandpa, than she should put me in a home and tell everyone I've died.

#128 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2688 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

It's not a game, it's a way of life... B-)

#129 IQbrew

IQbrew

Pro-Grammar

• Banned Users
  • 2607 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:14 PM

Yep! I know it's a game, but that doesn't mean I can't get excited about it... and I've told my wife that if I ever end up like you, Grandpa, than she should put me in a home and tell everyone I've died.

Alright. If you ever end up a reasonable person, I will personally see to your request.

#130 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 06:56 PM

http://www.geeksailo...-video-23-leak/

'nuff said.

#131 Docopoper

Docopoper

You are observant!

• GMC Member
  • 1287 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 02:53 AM

'nuff said.

Content Rejected

That was the biggest anticlimax of my life!

#132 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2688 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

Those wanting to be tempted by these video

Does this make sense? It doesn't does it? You don't want to be tempted, temptation makes you want.

where the main character is taken as a prisoner

Are they seriously doing this again? Why are they doing this again? Why is every Elder Scrolls Hero an ex-con? Do they give you super hero training in prison or something?

"Have you been convicted of demon worship? Well you jolly little imp, come to prison, where we make heroes out of less than zeroes!
[jingle]
Imperial Prisons, murderers are the future!"
[/jingle]

so if you still want to believe in Santa Clause and leave all the fun till the last day

11/11/11 is the last day. Is Santa coming early? Why is Santa coming early? Did you spit in his milk last year? Getting a fat man with maxed out sneak stats breaking into your house on a supposed "apocalypse date" isn't my idea of a great evening.

most expected game of the year

Did all the other ones get you by surprise then? Jumped out from the gamestore selves like little disc ninjas?

Google’s video creation

Google owns a camcorder?

These two video are embedded below and can be watched without problems.

Lies. All lies.

Also, is it worth mentioning that the graphic quality is a bit lower because the videos were exported from the Xbox 360 version of the game.

I don't know, is it? Most likely not since the 360 can handle pretty decent graphics. Playing Rage at the moment and I'm quite impressed with the graphical quality.

We have no idea how this game will actually look on other platforms.

... the same?

There is also a limited collector’s edition, which may fit perfectly under your Christmas three.

Now I don't celebrate Christmas, but I am pretty familiar with it, and never heard of this mysterious "Christmas three" that you put Limited Edition games under.

Will you watch these videos over and over again until the Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim releases

I wish I had that option.

Most... annoying... review... I've... read... this... month... ish...

#133 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 09:47 AM

>SNIP<

Most... annoying... review... I've... read... this... month... ish...

LMFAO!!!!! Go get them Rusty!

#134 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts

Posted 01 November 2011 - 08:49 PM

'nuff said.

Content Rejected

http://kotaku.com/58...-here/gallery/1

#135 Docopoper

Docopoper

You are observant!

• GMC Member
  • 1287 posts

Posted 02 November 2011 - 10:58 PM

'nuff said.

Content Rejected

http://kotaku.com/58...-here/gallery/1

My hopes are once again dashed... Though not as badly this time.

#136 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Apparently the game is already leaked to torrent sites for the Xbox...

#137 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

Sad news that...

#138 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2688 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 04:14 PM

Sad news that...

Sad but never devastating. Microsoft actually has a lot of pirates and hackers running for their lives, their security team seems to be consisted of RoboCop, Rambo and a few terminators. Besides, it won't dissuade the mass of expecting fans.

#139 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Yay sprinting! Yup, the manual for 360 was leaked on imgur:

http://imgur.com/a/RFee1#yTU7B

Also I'm working on an arrangement of the main theme for 11/11, will post here when done ^.^

#140 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2665 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:10 PM

No manuals will be read.
No reviews will be read.
No videos will be watched.

Maximum experience. :laugh:

#141 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2688 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:23 PM

No manuals will be read.
No reviews will be read.
No videos will be watched.

Maximum experience. :laugh:

On 11/11/11, with no preparation, you're mind will be blown. Reality and Skyrim will blend together and you'll slay your mother-in-law screaming "FOR SKYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYRIMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM! POWER TO THE NORDS!".

Edit:
Of course, this will be followed by you going to prison, where you'll use lockpicks to break out, kill the guards and then start your quest to save Tamriel.

Edited by Rusty, 07 November 2011 - 03:28 PM.

#142 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:49 PM

I just bought myself a shiney new 24" monitor from Amazon and hopefully it will arrive the 10th... Just in time to play Skyrim!!!

#143 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

First reviews of Skyrim are in and.... OMG!

http://www.pcgamer.c...-skyrim-review/

http://www.rockpaper...yrim-review-pc/

Posted Image

#144 Dark Matter

Dark Matter

RPG Expert

• GMC Member
  • 3196 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

Only 94/100?
Disappointing... :P

#145 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 21608 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 04:58 PM

94/100... Disappointing? Then maybe this comment from Rock,Paper,Shotgun will convince you :

Not only is Skyrim, for my money, the game of the year, but… oh this is hard. Very hard. I’m sorry Morrowind – I love you, but I don’t need you anymore. I think, at last, there is a new Best Elder Scrolls Ever.

Hear that Rusty? It may not have spears but it seems that it's BETTER than Morrowind!

PS: I do get your sarcasm, DM!

#146 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2688 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:06 PM

Not only is Skyrim, for my money, the game of the year, but… oh this is hard. Very hard. I’m sorry Morrowind – I love you, but I don’t need you anymore. I think, at last, there is a new Best Elder Scrolls Ever.

Hear that Rusty? It may not have spears but it seems that it's BETTER than Morrowind!

I think I may have to lock myself in my room and cry for a while... not only is my relationship with Morrowind in tatters but I can't get a new life-par- errr... game... until December. I promised my other girlfriend I'd let her get me it for my birthday, apparently she doesn't want me to ignore her until the Christmas holidays. Women. So selfish.

Definitely hyped though. Definitely want to see if it's better than Morrowind.

#147 Druid TC

Druid TC

Forever Floyd

• GMC Member
  • 1581 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 10 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

I'm going to have to wait for a while until I'm old enough to convince my parents to let me buy this game :confused:. Oh well, Dark Souls will suffice for another few months.

#148 Dark Matter

Dark Matter

RPG Expert

• GMC Member
  • 3196 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 09:43 PM

The only thing I'm worried about is that it'll be so good I'll stop programming... :P

#149 masterofhisowndomain

masterofhisowndomain

The Designer

• GMC Member
  • 3650 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 11 November 2011 - 12:38 PM

The only thing I'm worried about is that it'll be so good I'll stop programming life... :P

I've corrected that for you.

But in all honesty, I've never played an Elder Scrolls game and can't quite see what all the fuss is about. Can anyone briefly explain (without hyperbole please) why I should actually try the series, and in particular Skyrim?

#150 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 2688 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 01:17 PM

The only thing I'm worried about is that it'll be so good I'll stop programming life... :P

I've corrected that for you.

But in all honesty, I've never played an Elder Scrolls game and can't quite see what all the fuss is about. Can anyone briefly explain (without hyperbole please) why I should actually try the series, and in particular Skyrim?

After Bethesda took over the Elder Scroll series it has become the a big daddy of free-roam RPGs. Massive landscapes, lots of enemies, plenty of loot, character customization.

All in all Skyrim is going to be the demon slaying, fire ball blasting, sword clashing, shield smashing, arrow firing, guard killing, bandit slaughtering, mountain climbing, dodgy-underwear streaking, fist fighting game of the... well... gaming world.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users