188 replies to this topic

#1 LAR Games

LAR Games

Graphics Design

• GMC Member
  • 1306 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:03 AM

Posted Image

Well, it's finally been announced. I personally, have been waiting for this for a very long time. Ever since I finished playing about 300+ hours of Oblivion, I realized: I needed more!
What do you guys expect in this new Elder scrolls, and are you looking forward to it as much as I am?
We probably won't hear about it for a while, and won't see any screenshots or gameplay for an even bigger while.
So, let's talk about it here. What engine do you think it'll have? Any improvements to the gameplay mechanics you think are necessary in this series?
Go here to see the announcement trailer.

Announcement Trailer Screenshot
Posted Image

Here's the Trailer:
http://www.youtube.c...&has_verified=1

-Luis

Edited by LAR Games, 27 February 2011 - 11:02 AM.

#2 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:08 AM

Got to admit, the trailer didn't do much for me.

Will wait a while before devolving into an over excited mess.

html5ebook20.png

#3 LAR Games

LAR Games

Graphics Design

• GMC Member
  • 1306 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 07:42 AM

Got to admit, the trailer didn't do much for me.

Will wait a while before devolving into an over excited mess.

Did you like Oblivion?

-Luis

#4 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 30 December 2010 - 09:08 AM

Loved it, but there was a lot of room for improvement. I'm just hoping Skyrim delivers. I think I might have lost some confidence in Bethesda after Fallout 3 =(

html5ebook20.png

#5 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 December 2010 - 10:56 AM

Bethesda said they're going to use an entirely new engine for this. I can't wait... the only game breaker for me would be another system where the entire world levels along with you. It ruined the feeling of progress in Oblivion for me.

GMCsig.png

#6 LAR Games

LAR Games

Graphics Design

• GMC Member
  • 1306 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 08:34 AM

Yeah. I really wouldn't like the world leveling with you either.

-Luis

#7 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3770 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:14 PM

Hated Oblivion, loved Morrowind. If they do it like Morrowind, I'd be very happy. Oblivion was just a watered down version of a very epic game, there was just so many elements to Oblivion that I couldn't stand... at all.

Can't wait to start hauling axe into new enemies again.

Edit:
Also, I wish they'd stop with the "convict turned hero" thing. Yes Bethesda, we know you have a thing for anti-heroes, you're just extremely crap at making them. Stop doing it.

Edited by Rusty, 06 January 2011 - 07:16 PM.

tumblr_ngbm3tNUVy1thlk7do1_75sq.png

Professor Rusty says: "Check out the Project Jin Engine Test for Jan 2015 on it's GMC Topic!!"

#8 twelveways

twelveways

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1383 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 07:27 PM

I hope its like a hybrid of morrowind x Oblivion with all the good mods. I hope they get the world to feel less static and have opportunity for larger parties.

#9 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 08:08 PM

One thing they MUST get rid of is the levelled enemies concept. How on earth did they come up with that one?

"Hey, hey Doug. We need some way for the player to feel that they're PROGRESSING in the game, you know, like getting better and stuff."
"Yeah, great idea! OK, let's have a levelling system where your skills get better over time!"
"OMG THAT'S BRILLIANT! And to make it better, let's have all the enemies level with them!"
"Um... won't that defeat the purpose of levelling, and make them feel like they're making no progress at all?"
"Don't be silly..."

Other than that, if they keep it similar to Morrowwind or Oblivion, I'll be happy. I would like to see the following, though:

--> Professional animator this time. The old animations pale in comparison to... anything, really.
--> Mounted combat(dragons??). Getting off your horse to fight was clunky and slow.
--> Better vampirism. Becoming a vampire just CRIPPLED you. You couldn't fast travel virtually anywhere -- you can't inside, and outside you are constantly taking sun damage in the day, so you can't travel. Why shouldn't wearing a hood or going into shade get rid of sun damage? Better yet, why can't we carry around bottled blood to save time?
--> More interesting magic. I'd like to be able to change the environment, perhaps?

#10 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:17 PM

--> Better vampirism. Becoming a vampire just CRIPPLED you. You couldn't fast travel virtually anywhere -- you can't inside, and outside you are constantly taking sun damage in the day, so you can't travel. Why shouldn't wearing a hood or going into shade get rid of sun damage? Better yet, why can't we carry around bottled blood to save time?

This was incredibly annoying. I was exploring in the world to the point where I realized I had been transformed into a vampire. The sunlight began to impact slight damage, but luckily there was a small house nearby, where I could find shelter. The problem was that I couldn't use quick-travel because the sunlight would kill me, and travel by foot wasn't an option either because since I was in the middle of nowhere, I couldn't reach anything before sunrise.

I had to lookup cheats and cure my vampirism to be able to continue the game. There wasn't any other way.

GMCsig.png

#11 Nikke

Nikke

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:13 PM

I just hope that they make a great combination of morrowind and oblivion.

I'd love to see Oblivion's combat system, with morrowind's leveling system. That would be so awesome!

Also, oblivion's leveling system was so annoying and unclear. For the average player the game got too hard after a while.
Ironbane MMO | Currently in alpha stage!
An action MMO played straight from your browser.

#12 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:05 PM

Posted Image

Some dragon-related thing.

Also, a certain something tells me PEGI 18+ :whistle:

#13 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23634 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:24 PM

Aaaah!!! Time to scream like a girl!!!!!!!!!

Actually... maybe not. That trailer tells un NOTHING about the gameplay and the "new" engine, so I´ll not get TOO excited just yet. I played Morrowind and Oblivion twice (vanilla and modded) and probably racked up 600+ hours on them so this is a much anticipated sequel for me. I just hope that they don´t "x-boxify" it too much (my main complaint with Oblivion!) as a pc is NOT a next gen console and I hate games that don´t seem to realise this. Oh well, only another 11 months of speculation, nerves and nail biting to go...

Button_DynamicPuddles_zps068ef8eb.png Button_Flappy_zps7fcff3b6.png Button_RogueLike_zps6f3451a3.png IKrQvWr.png Button_MyGames_zpse9e80bb0.png

#14 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:04 PM

That trailer tells un NOTHING about the gameplay and the "new" engine, so I´ll not get TOO excited just yet.

Then look at the screenie I posted.

#15 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23634 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:43 PM

Where´d you get it? I´ve seen it on a couple of Spanish gamer pages but it´s not been confirmed (has it?) that it´s really from the new engine... If it is then I better start saving for a hardware update!!!

Button_DynamicPuddles_zps068ef8eb.png Button_Flappy_zps7fcff3b6.png Button_RogueLike_zps6f3451a3.png IKrQvWr.png Button_MyGames_zpse9e80bb0.png

#16 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

There's no way on earth that screenshot is real. Bethesda has to put consoles over PC to maintain a commercial success, so their will be limited by that hardware. Which still looks unbelievable nonetheless, but not like in the screenshot. Maybe on the PS4/Xbox 3, depending on how long Microsoft and Sony keep pushing the current generation.

GMCsig.png

#17 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 11:42 AM

I want to believe that screen shot is real. I really do.

But no.

html5ebook20.png

#18 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:44 PM

Hey guess what, scans show real ingame screenshots, and it looks very nice! Not sure if it's legal to post the link here, so just PM me if you want it.

edit 1:
Someone made higher resolution scans, so the text can be read too. Here's the link: http://www.thenexusf...kyrim-gi-scans/

edit 2:
I read the article and made a list of what's new. The only conclusion I can make is: I can't wait. :D

• Skyrim is not a direct sequel, but an entire new chapter in the Elder Scrolls series.
  • When you level up, you get a chance to pick a perk.
  • Combat system now features dual-wielding, for example allowing you to wield two single-handed swords. You can even get extraordinary effects if you wield the same spell in both hands.
  • New selection system to select your gear more easy and faster.
  • You're not picking a specific class at the very beginning of the game. "You are what you play". You'll level with the weapons you like best.
  • The more skills you choose to advance in, the more it will delay you leveling process.
  • The magic school of mystecism has been removed, the spells have been spread around the other classes.
  • Arrows do more damage, but it will take a longer time to draw them.
  • You can't exploit the combat system anymore by backpedaling all the time -- backwards movement speed is far slower.
  • You now have the ability to sprint, at the expense of stamina.
  • The Elder Scroll's fiction has been clear that dragons have been banished from the world. Until now.
  • Dragons will play an active roll in gameplay, and will not just happen in cutscenes. They will fly into battle at unexpected times and ravange towns. You will fight them. (Personal note: I really wonder how well this is going to work out)
  • New type of enemy called "Ice Wraiths", crystalline, serpentine beings that form out of the winds.
  • A bit of text wasn't seeable in the scans, but as I can make up from the text your actions will have a greater impact on quests. For example, if you murder the shopkeeper in "Riverwood" his daughter will inheret the store, and might even offer you the same quest. (?)
  • The game keeps track of everything you do and generates 'random' quests once in a while that are appropriate to your specific playing style. (?)
(?) = Not sure, need confirmation

Edited by Phantom107, 08 January 2011 - 10:04 PM.

GMCsig.png

#19 LAR Games

LAR Games

Graphics Design

• GMC Member
  • 1306 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:32 AM

There are screenshots now. That first one isn't real though. The real ones are scanned from a GI magazine.
So far, they have not disappointed.

-Luis

#20 Zeddy

Zeddy

Totally Radical Dude

• GMC Member
  • 1872 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:03 AM

There will be dual-wielding and dragons. Also it'll be more like Fallout 3.

Okay, the game officially has my attention now.

#gmc - The totally awesome GMC IRC
Radical — NeaPunch.gif - PsychoPow.gif - DuoShip.png - stefanWalkAndTalk.gif - katiecat.png — Creations
Radical — The Consuming Shadow - Sienna - Turnabout Substitution - Ben There, Dan That — Recommendations

#21 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 01:05 AM

Grr, the images aren't loading on my PC (it's been having problems with some image hosts lately)...can someone post a few?

html5ebook20.png

#22 LAR Games

LAR Games

Graphics Design

• GMC Member
  • 1306 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:35 AM

Apparently, it will also have perfected Radiant AI. The AI they had to basically remove in oblivion before release.
Also, snow isn't a texture. It's completely dynamic and actually falls onto stuff.

-Luis

#23 Zeddy

Zeddy

Totally Radical Dude

• GMC Member
  • 1872 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:44 AM

Grr, the images aren't loading on my PC (it's been having problems with some image hosts lately)...can someone post a few?

Sure thing. I'll just link to them 'cause they're huge.
http://s51.photobuck...rent=5phhls.jpg
http://s51.photobuck...ent=2qc0dmt.jpg
http://s51.photobuck...ent=2h51jk2.jpg
http://s51.photobuck...ent=262v7sp.jpg
http://s51.photobuck...ent=167sev9.jpg
http://s51.photobuck...ent=153s70i.jpg
http://s51.photobuck...ent=140ydkz.jpg
http://s51.photobuck...ent=10wofhl.jpg

Radical — NeaPunch.gif - PsychoPow.gif - DuoShip.png - stefanWalkAndTalk.gif - katiecat.png — Creations
Radical — The Consuming Shadow - Sienna - Turnabout Substitution - Ben There, Dan That — Recommendations

#24 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

Thanks, I appreciate it a lot!

They look great, I am much more excited for Skyrim now! Except I might have to get it on console this time, I can't afford another new PC (2 since Oblivion came out). Maybe I'll start saving just for this though =)

html5ebook20.png

#25 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23634 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:03 AM

Oh I am defenitely saving for this one! I have recently upgraded my CPU to an intel i7 and with windows 7, 6G ram I feel that the only thing left for me to invest in is a new gfx card... And this has just given me the incentive to do it!!!! Oh, and have you guys read the articles that acompany the images? The new Radiant AI sounds absoulutely incredible! I wonder if it will play as good as it sounds? And dragon combat?? That could also be an epic event... or an epic fail! I also love the idea of the dual-wielding of absolutely anything in the game... I can see it now as i run into battle with a sword in one hand and a fireball spell in the other!

Oooooh, the anticipation!

Edited by Mark13673, 09 January 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#26 Zeddy

Zeddy

Totally Radical Dude

• GMC Member
  • 1872 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 10:54 AM

I can see it now as i run into battle with a sword in one hand and a fireball spell in the other!

Couldn't you already do that in Oblivion? I hope you can dual-wield shields, though. That'd be pretty badass.

I wouldn't get too excited about the radiant AI thing. Remember the hype about the NPCs in Oblivion? They were supposed to live out their lives and stuff with no prompt from you. This basically just amounted to the NPCs standing around in one place for six hours before moving to another place where they'd stand for another six hours. I expect the radiant AI to be pretty much like that, too.

The game will be pretty neato after a few months of community patches, probably.

Edited by zeddidragon, 09 January 2011 - 10:55 AM.

#27 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23634 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

The Ai in Oblivion wasn´t the Radiant system... As far as I rememeber they decided not to use it a few months before the actual release and what you ended up with was a watered down version that really has nothing to do with the real thing (but I may be wrong!)...

#28 LAR Games

LAR Games

Graphics Design

• GMC Member
  • 1306 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:40 PM

I can see it now as i run into battle with a sword in one hand and a fireball spell in the other!

Couldn't you already do that in Oblivion? I hope you can dual-wield shields, though. That'd be pretty badass.

I wouldn't get too excited about the radiant AI thing. Remember the hype about the NPCs in Oblivion? They were supposed to live out their lives and stuff with no prompt from you. This basically just amounted to the NPCs standing around in one place for six hours before moving to another place where they'd stand for another six hours. I expect the radiant AI to be pretty much like that, too.

The game will be pretty neato after a few months of community patches, probably.

Well apparently, They removed/dumbed down the radiant AI from Oblivion because it kept leading to the NPCs killing each other. They've apparently fixed those issues with Skyrim.

-Luis

#29 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

I hope they fixed the AI-cannot-use-ladders problem too. Ever wondered why there was no actual ladder climbing in Oblivion?

GMCsig.png

#30 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3770 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 04:11 PM

Have they brought spear wielding back? That would be a massive selling point to me. Anybody know?

Edit:
I loved Morrowind's scripting and construction set. You catch on in 5 minutes, can make an entire questline in 30 and a city in about 80.

Edited by Rusty, 09 January 2011 - 06:15 PM.

Professor Rusty says: "Check out the Project Jin Engine Test for Jan 2015 on it's GMC Topic!!"

#31 Docopoper

Docopoper

You are observant!

• GMC Member
  • 1287 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 06:03 PM

I hope they make the scripting C-style!

For Oblivion you had code like this:
...STUPID FORUM CODE:
Here's where I copied from:
http://cs.elderscrol...Linear_Movement

That sort of space orientated format gets so messey!
and variable assignment was:
set x to 1
compared with
x=1

Edited by Docopop.co.uk, 09 January 2011 - 06:06 PM.

The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

The destination is much harder to reach when you don't want to walk towards it.

#32 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 10 January 2011 - 12:56 AM

Well apparently, They removed/dumbed down the radiant AI from Oblivion because it kept leading to the NPCs killing each other.

Sounds pretty realistic to me ;D

html5ebook20.png

#33 JWRAC

JWRAC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:38 PM

OH MY GOODNESS!
Oblivion was my favourite RPG to date. (Despite how old it seems now)
It really was immersive when you played it through for the first time.
And I look at Oblivion compared to that stuff... and uh... this is... this is AMAZING!

I liked the look of Might and Magic - Messiah... but I just couldn't play a game so linear.
But something like this gave me an insta-brainjizz...
I saw the trailer and the screenshots... I'm on edge here...

I'm not gonna get my hopes up about it being the best engine of all time or anything, but the graphics look like a very nice touch up.
If it's not the graphics, they can never do it for you... but the gameplay, by just reading a few paragraphs off those re-imaged screenshots...
Things like "if you drop a heavy two handed sword out on the muddy street, <thing can happen> <thing can happen> <thing can happen>"
I son't think I'm gonne have a life after 2011. xD

I mean I personally hate all MMOs and styled RPGs, they are always so unoriginal, it's why I love single player RPGs like Oblivion, Morrowind was good but I unfortunately played Oblivion first and couldn't get into it well... however seeing it as a fantastic RPG as a predesessor to Oblivion.
Oblivion though was my favourite.
However now it is not, my hopes for Skyrim won't stop rising in my head.
I don't honestly care if my hopes aren't met, bethesda has the habit of making some pretty damn decent 3D modern day RPGs, I'm sure it won't be a waste of money in any case.

I'll just have to remind myself to do everything a life demands before it comes out so by the time I finish my last year of high school this year I can just play the damn game. xD

#34 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3770 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:42 PM

I son't think I'm gonne have a life after 2011. xD

I don't think anybody is... 2012 apocalypse remember?

Lolz

Anyway:
Morrowind = Epic
Oblivion = Fail
Skyrim = ?

It's going to go one way or the other. I genuinely believe that Skyrim is either going to redeem the Elder Scrolls as a series or end it completely. I doubt Bethesda would have actually listened to their fan base so I'm still not expecting much out of Skyrim.

#35 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23634 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:23 PM

Rusty, Oblivion was an ALMOST fail... The fan based mods made it into the game it should have been, and managed to save it from console mediocrity! As for Skyrim, if the things that i read in the scanned articles pages are true, it really should be better than even Morrowind was...

#36 JWRAC

JWRAC

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:10 PM

I don't see Oblivion as a fail, I loved it.
Just because a game is different I have learned that, even if it is in the same series you can't judge it harshly, just because it's fdifferent from the other children, they have so much potential, it's a bit like high school... don't remind me... xD

#37 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23634 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:26 PM

I loved Oblivion too and sank maybe 300+ hours into it... But it was just SO console orientated and it had some serious flaws (the levelled lists, for one!) that to really enjoy it and get the most from the game it was up to the community to mod it... The TP3 by Qarl, Oscuros Oblivion Overhaul, Francescos mods, Unique Landscapes... if it wasn´t for these mods, I would not have found the Oblivion experience nearly so rewarding!

#38 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3770 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:59 AM

Morrowind was much more exciting and full of story, languages, difficulty and challenges. Oblivion was dumbed down for a reason I still don't understand. They even took out/ruined the small things like:
- dual wielding
- spears
- different weapon skills (Long blade, short blade, axe, blunt, spear, hand-to-hand, etc)
- they merged torso armour pieces (it used to be left shoulder, right shoulder, and torso)
- faction like/hate (your actions in Oblivion bared almost no consequence)
- housing (a home is for sale in every city in Oblivion? Oh no! In Morrowind you got faction housing!)
- conversation (what the hell is with that dodgy "wheel of friendship" thing?)
- races (race pros and cons were excessive in Morrowind, in Oblivion they mean nothing)
- settlements (in Morrowind there was loads, in Oblivion there is 7 with about 20 villages)
- map (Oblivion's is tiny)
- fast travel (Morrowind Taxi Service FTW)
- customized graphics (everybody looked inbred in Oblivion)
- large variety of enemies
- werewolvism
- a decent in depth storyline
- big battles
- decent bandit attacks
- bandit settlements (that contained more than just one tent, with the exception of the massive one in the cave near Leyowiin)

As well as a load of other features which I was extremely disappointed about. So yes, a child who is different is not a fail, a child who can only understand the most basic functions is very much an intellectual fail.

Edit:
Fixed my own ironic grammar fail.

Edited by Rusty, 13 January 2011 - 12:59 AM.

#39 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 01:59 PM

More information has been released! (And I'm going to post it here shamelessly)

Posted Image

Warning. Huge article ahead. May contain spoilers, read at own risk.

Spoiler

GMCsig.png

#40 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3770 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:03 PM

Yes, yes, while the article is nice, they only need one thing in order for me to buy this game.

Can I use a spear?

#41 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

Can I use a spear?

I'd tell you if I knew for sure, but they haven't confirmed anything about spears.

Personally I always play as an archer but diversity is always nice.

GMCsig.png

#42 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:55 PM

More information has been released! (And I'm going to post it here shamelessly)

Posted Image

Warning. Huge article ahead. May contain spoilers, read at own risk.

Spoiler

I just saw that too

You got it from THIS site didn't you ?
Uuughgh I can't wait to play this or see a public tech demo.

Edited by Dylan93, 18 January 2011 - 02:55 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Amaterasu

Amaterasu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 278 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 08:52 PM

I'm strongly suspecting more interesting mounts than just horses, seeing as there's an interview in which the guy goes "Oh, we're not talking about mounts at this time". That implies they want to talk about them later and make a big thing of them. I'm thinking dragons, wooly mammoths, sabre-tooth tigers? That would be EEEEEPPPPPPPIIIIIICCCCC.

I'm also looking forward to the improved magic and the "dragon shouts". Casting a rune on the ground that explodes into flames when an enemy steps on it? Badass. Teleporting short distances to sneak up on an enemy? Even badass-er.

One thing I'm interested in is how much will things affect one another? Eg:

--> Will casting a fire spell from one hand and an ice one from the other make a jet of water?
--> Will casting fire spells at ice melt it, or boil the water?
--> Will lightning spells, cast on water, have an effect on enemies standing in that water?
--> Will fire vaporise snow?

You get the idea.

Random wish: I hope you can enchant clothing to have multiple effects.

#44 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm strongly suspecting more interesting mounts than just horses, seeing as there's an interview in which the guy goes "Oh, we're not talking about mounts at this time". That implies they want to talk about them later and make a big thing of them. I'm thinking dragons, wooly mammoths, sabre-tooth tigers? That would be EEEEEPPPPPPPIIIIIICCCCC.

Definately not dragons... they want them to feel mysterious so I don't think you will be able to ride them.

I'd like to see the sabre-tooth tigers as pets too. As long as they don't ruin it with all these types of total random creatures like you see in MMORPG. But I trust Bethesda at making it feel believable (not realistic, big difference!).

GMCsig.png

#45 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23634 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:24 PM

Definately not dragons... they want them to feel mysterious so I don't think you will be able to ride them.

I'd like to see the sabre-tooth tigers as pets too. As long as they don't ruin it with all these types of total random creatures like you see in MMORPG. But I trust Bethesda at making it feel believable (not realistic, big difference!).

I quite agree... Who want´s realistic in a fantasy role-playing game? But believable... that´s another story! Morrowind was so damn good because it was completely believable and everything was constant... lore, speech, quests all wove a believable and immersive tapestry.

#46 LAR Games

LAR Games

Graphics Design

• GMC Member
  • 1306 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 12:36 AM

New info and screenshot:
http://www.gameinfor...ter-combat.aspx

-Luis

#47 True Valhalla

True Valhalla

ಠ_ಠ

• GMC Member
  • 5277 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:18 AM

New info and screenshot:
http://www.gameinfor...ter-combat.aspx

-Luis

Looks like the player has been infected with "retarded midget arm disease". Ah, nevermind, I'm sure all he needs is 5 grand soul stones for the cure.

html5ebook20.png

#48 Jess Horton

Jess Horton

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 230 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 01:54 AM

Huge fan of Oblivion, never got a chance at Morrowind, but I'll buy this for sure. I just hope I can get into the thieves guild again haha :)

#49 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 3770 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:43 AM

It's probably got a release date for 2014 though... <_<

#50 Phantom107

Phantom107

Graphics Enthusiast

• GMC Member
  • 2714 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:46 AM

It's probably got a release date for 2014 though... <_<

Release date is 11/11/2011. ;)

GMCsig.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users