• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#31 Cellis

Cellis

GMC Member

• 3 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 01 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

Normally, it just needs to be inside the same folder as the executable file. Not sure why it wouldn't work if it's already the case...

Yeah, it's definitely in the same folder. I'll try it out on a different computer and see what happens. Thanks for replying so quickly!

EDIT/UPDATE: Just ran it on my work computer, and the sound didn't work. Was the hosted file updated recently?

Edited by Cellis, 01 December 2011 - 05:33 PM.

#32 pixeltao

pixeltao

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 06:27 PM

It wasn't updated recently. However, if you run the game without unzipping the files first, the game won't be able to load the sounds. Did you unzip the files in a new folder before running it?

#33 Cellis

Cellis

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 08:54 PM

I did unzip them first, but I also moved them from my Downloads folder to my games folder afterwards, before running it for the first time...and it just occurred to me that I may have missed a certain folder named "sounds." Dropped that into the Ninja Senki folder with the rest of the stuff just now, and the sound works fine. Wow, how did I miss that? :P Thanks for the help! Glad nothing's broken. :)

#34 pixeltao

pixeltao

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:22 PM

I did unzip them first, but I also moved them from my Downloads folder to my games folder afterwards, before running it for the first time...and it just occurred to me that I may have missed a certain folder named "sounds." Dropped that into the Ninja Senki folder with the rest of the stuff just now, and the sound works fine. Wow, how did I miss that? :P Thanks for the help! Glad nothing's broken. :)

No problem. Glad it's working fine too ^_^

#35 Knuked

Knuked

GMC Member

• 242 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 05 January 2012 - 02:36 AM

I first saw this on TigSource Pixeltao and I swore to give this a play sometime, I have and all I can say is, fantastic work! I love the NES feel and look, I have yet to finish the game but it is indeed great! GameMaker needs more titles of this caliber! This needs more exposure!

What if I may ask, were some of your influences for this game?

Edited by Knuked, 05 January 2012 - 02:38 AM.

#36 pixeltao

pixeltao

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 06:10 PM

I first saw this on TigSource Pixeltao and I swore to give this a play sometime, I have and all I can say is, fantastic work! I love the NES feel and look, I have yet to finish the game but it is indeed great! GameMaker needs more titles of this caliber! This needs more exposure!

What if I may ask, were some of your influences for this game?

Thanks Knuked! I really had a lot of fun making this game, so I'm glad that people are enjoying it.

I'm a hardcore Mega Man fan, so it was definitely an inspiration in term of gameplay and level design. For the visuals I wanted to do something closer to early NES era games like Ninja Jajamaru-Kun. I also played Game Center CX (Retro Game Challenge) a lot when it came out, so Haguru Man was an influence as well. And I was playing Muramasa: The Demon Blade on Wii during the development of Ninja Senki, so some ideas for the enemies come from there.

#37 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• Retired Staff
  • 6409 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:23 PM

Is there anyway to save? I find I tend to do my gaming bite-sized, thesedays. Hit esc after beating the first boss, and just quit instantly. :(
ReadMe didn't help me.

Sweet game, btw, really nice. Doesn't get enough attention (on these forums, anyway). Niinjaaas! :ninja:

#38 pixeltao

pixeltao

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 09:40 PM

Is there anyway to save? I find I tend to do my gaming bite-sized, thesedays. Hit esc after beating the first boss, and just quit instantly. :(
ReadMe didn't help me.

Sweet game, btw, really nice. Doesn't get enough attention (on these forums, anyway). Niinjaaas! :ninja:

No, you can't save unfortunately. It's almost as hardcore as the first Mega Man. I thought of adding one at some point, but my code had become a mess and without some design changes it would also have broken the point system (which is important for the multiple endings) so I abandoned the idea. I'll add a save feature to an eventual XBLIG version if I can find the time to port it.

#39 Spectre216

Spectre216

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 24 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 05 January 2012 - 10:26 PM

ReadMe didn't help me.

No, you can't save unfortunately. It's almost as hardcore as the first Mega Man. I thought of adding one at some point, but my code had become a mess and without some design changes it would also have broken the point system (which is important for the multiple endings) so I abandoned the idea. I'll add a save feature to an eventual XBLIG version if I can find the time to port it.

wait, this game could be coming to my xbox. zomg that sounds beautiful.

#40 Knuked

Knuked

GMC Member

• 242 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

I'll add a save feature to an eventual XBLIG version if I can find the time to port it.

XBox Live you say? I ... I think I love you!

#41 LordOfCats

LordOfCats

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 12:08 AM

Um... is there something wrong with the doublejump thingy? Cause when I try to double jump over the high wall on lvl 1, I can't make it over. Is there a certain technique you have to use?

#42 Knuked

Knuked

GMC Member

• 242 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 01:44 AM

Is there a certain technique you have to use?

Yes, mash button twice :tongue: I kid, but yea to get the maximum jump you just need some practice with your timing, don't hit jump again until you are as high as possible on your first jump. It's not tap tap but, tap .... tap, if that makes sense in textual form :wacko:

Edited by Knuked, 06 January 2012 - 01:45 AM.

#43 gmx0

gmx0

The Messenger

• GMC Member
  • 1189 posts
  • Version:GM6

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

I think this game is frustrating since there are no saves whatsoever.

#44 LordOfCats

LordOfCats

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 05:23 PM

Is there a certain technique you have to use?

Yes, mash button twice :tongue: I kid, but yea to get the maximum jump you just need some practice with your timing, don't hit jump again until you are as high as possible on your first jump. It's not tap tap but, tap .... tap, if that makes sense in textual form :wacko:

Oh thanks, I just kept mashing the k button over and over again and got annoyed when it didn't work.

Edited by LordOfCats, 06 January 2012 - 05:23 PM.

#45 greenio3

greenio3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 93 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 07:15 PM

I have to say, even though I'm not the best at these games, the exceptional comments got me interested. I tried it, and have to say, this is a really great game! Extremely polished, difficult (a good thing), and great level design. This is the kind of game I would pay money for. I have no complaints, keep up the fantastic work!Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users