Tank gameplay
Posted Image
Lighting example
Posted Image
Helicopter gameplay
Posted Image

ALL graphics are placeholder

[center]Update v0.5 (be sure to check out the "aim" room):
A dynamic lighting system (credits in game info)
Simple lighting (not dynamic, like the shell casings, but it looks like it is, and takes up less memory)
Much better crosshair
Movement isnt instance (turning)
Improved veicles
Updated aim system quite a bit
Vareous other things

Please read the top of the game information for more details on updates.

Download link:
Click here

Thank you for reading and playing. Please post any ideas, bugs, and critisizm.
Now go blow stuff up!

King Chubbles

Edited by King Chubbles, 26 March 2011 - 03:49 PM.

Posted Image

#2 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:14 PM

You released it :D

I already told you what I thought about it but still some suggestions:

Good update, I love the gore effects like blood and bodyparts.
For the vehicles, I think they need more realistic physics, apart from that I like them.
I also think you need to redo alot of the graphics, especially the human graphics style.

Overall I like it :)

- Dylan

Edited by Dylan93, 19 December 2010 - 10:15 PM.

Posted Image

#3 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:36 PM

For the vehicles, I think they need more realistic physics, apart from that I like them.
I also think you need to redo alot of the graphics, especially the human graphics style.

- Dylan

Haha thanks man that reminds me

Graphics are placeholder. Every graphic, every sprite, ever image, everything, is placeholder.

Gota put that in the orriginal post :D
More realistic physics are comming. Im gona figure out how to do tank collisoins, then add a jeep. Maybe. Or a boat
Posted Image

#4 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:40 PM

- Dylan

Graphics are placeholder. Every graphic, every sprite, ever image, everything, is placeholder.

More realistic physics are comming. Im gona figure out how to do tank collisoins, then add a jeep. Maybe. Or a boat

Well Im waiting for the next update :)
What sort of game are you planning to create ?

Posted Image

#5 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 10:45 PM

- Dylan

Well Im waiting for the next update :)
What sort of game are you planning to create ?

I didnt know what kindof game i was going to create, so im making this as an engine.
Say one day i want to make a zombie TDS, ill go into here and put zombies in it and erase all the unneeded stuff
Ninja TDS? I can make a ninja in a few click. And with the gore and surface systems it would be easy to do almost anything with alot less lag that usual.
Ill pm u i wana see where your games at :lol:

EDIT:
Problem found wile bug testing the current virsion.
If you get blown up in the helicopter you get an error. This is an easy fix. Will be fixed in the next virsion. Though if your any good with the helicopter you wont have to worry about dieing (unfortunatly, i may need to nerf it)

Edited by King Chubbles, 20 December 2010 - 02:02 AM.

Posted Image

#6 john_smith

john_smith

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 01:48 AM

Feels pretty good, the proximity mines are great. Only suggestions are: the blood is a little excessive, and the cursor/crosshair is hard to see against some of the dark backgrounds. Keep up the good work!

#7 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 21 December 2010 - 02:54 AM

Feels pretty good, the proximity mines are great. Only suggestions are: the blood is a little excessive, and the cursor/crosshair is hard to see against some of the dark backgrounds. Keep up the good work!

Im going to reduce the blood in future updates. It will be easy. What im goign to do, andwhat will probably work, is to reduce all explosions by... proably 5 blood particles a piece. So it wont be as coverd.
Crosshair im trying to think of a design. Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks for your imput
Posted Image

#8 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 02:42 PM

I told myself i wasnt going to bump this topic without an update <_<
oh well this is a progress report.
So far i havnt done as much as i wanted to this break.
So heres whats going to come in the next update (this has a better chance of getting in the next update, compared to the game information)
  • Reduced blood
  • Optomized airstrike
  • Muzzle flash
  • Support class tank glich fixed (i hope so, its frustrating me)
  • A swordman, including a sword and shield, and other effects
  • Make it so you cant enter the helecopter at the tail
  • Flamethrower (if i decide to buy GM8)
  • Smaller updates
I may add things that i didnt talk about here. Im sure the next update will be here this month
Posted Image

#9 DarkFlame

DarkFlame

GMB Member...wtf?

• GMC Member
  • 2167 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:27 AM

Nice little engine you have here, some improvements could be made with collisions and the walls and perhaps smoother movement, but the important pieces work and thats the main thing. Unfortunately my netbook had trouble keeping an fps over 15 so i didnt play for too long. Nice though.

#10 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:07 PM

Nice little engine you have here, some improvements could be made with collisions and the walls and perhaps smoother movement, but the important pieces work and thats the main thing. Unfortunately my netbook had trouble keeping an fps over 15 so i didnt play for too long. Nice though.

Lag is a major problem which im trying to adress. Its probably a result of my horrible coding :lol:
Thank you for trying it. Better collisions and movment will be comming. Hopefully in the next update the lag will be reduced.
Posted Image

#11 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:01 PM

Lag is a major problem which im trying to adress. Its probably a result of my horrible coding :lol:
Thank you for trying it. Better collisions and movment will be comming. Hopefully in the next update the lag will be reduced.

No its probably because of the surfaces since his netbook probably is some Intel crap is has a Intel GMA.
You should add a option for effects to be temporary, and not on a surface.

Posted Image

#12 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:39 PM

No its probably because of the surfaces since his netbook probably is some Intel crap is has a Intel GMA.
You should add a option for effects to be temporary, and not on a surface.

I keep forgeting to add a surface toggle option >.<
Ittl be in next update
Posted Image

#13 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 12:33 AM

Hate to bump without an update again -_- sorry guys

So progress has been kind of slow. Ive been quite busy. Ive finaly gotten some free time and ill be working on this more often.

Im debating weather i should wait and release virsion 0.4 or virsion 0.35, and then 0.4.
Ive added a surface toggle engine as promised. Im probably going to reduce the ammount of AI in a room at one time to reduce lag.

Thanks for the support guys. Hopefully ill get a new virsion out there soon.

EDIT: So ive just realised ive either got my virsion number wrong or i have updated or something. Im trying to figure out the problem...

EDIT2: Ok so apparently ive either forgotten to release v0.3 or ive goten my virsions mixed up. Ill figure it out, but it dosnt realy effect the topic too much

Edited by King Chubbles, 10 February 2011 - 12:38 AM.

Posted Image

#14 dotcombat

dotcombat

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 302 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 05:29 AM

Dude this looks neat, kinda looks like my games
I have dis... disleck... dyslec... I cant spell

#15 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

Update! Finaly. Sorry about the wait everyone :lol:

Update v0.3:
Added swordman which includes attacking and blocking (not in demo)
Blood reduced
Airstrike improved
Helicopter respawn glich fixed
Some thigns outside the view are not drawn
Surface toggle button added
Better collisions
Much improved gore (only on dummys in the "dummys" room. Not added to AI because it will be replaced)
Only enter helicopters towards the front
Better crosshair
Alot of other things

Enjoy
Posted Image

#16 Jools64

Jools64

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 51 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 27 February 2011 - 12:19 AM

This was a pretty fun little experience, let me go over some of the pros and cons I can think of.

The good:
The A.I. seemed quite intelligent and appeared to hide behind cover and such which is pretty awesome.
There was a good range of weapons to choose from. The secondary fire was also nice.
The vehicles where fun and changed up the gameplay for me.
A whole lot was going on the whole time making the game feel quite exciting.

What I feel could be improved:
Often times I would get shot by enemies off screen. This felt a little unfair. Possibly a dynamic camera that can zoom out or making the bullets avoid the player when off screen would fix this.
The graphics where slightly rough. I do see that quite a bit of effort has been put in, however you may want to either go the route of going through some pixel art tutorials or picking up a free program like GIMP, (a free photoshop alternative), and going through a few tutorials. That way you'd come out with much smoother more professional graphics.

I have to say though this was very fun and interesting. I'd love to see what it evolves into so I hope you keep working on it and take some of my advice into account. :)

For all my other games, art, videos and music go here:

www.epihaumut.com

Games that I've made with Game Maker:

Scythe of the Abyss
Isras Wings
Catastrophic Neutralization Rescue

Really Old Stuff

Also known as "Epihaumut"

Formerly forum member "jrgames+"

#17 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:14 AM

This was a pretty fun little experience, let me go over some of the pros and cons I can think of.

The good:
The A.I. seemed quite intelligent and appeared to hide behind cover and such which is pretty awesome.
There was a good range of weapons to choose from. The secondary fire was also nice.
The vehicles where fun and changed up the gameplay for me.
A whole lot was going on the whole time making the game feel quite exciting.

What I feel could be improved:
Often times I would get shot by enemies off screen. This felt a little unfair. Possibly a dynamic camera that can zoom out or making the bullets avoid the player when off screen would fix this.
The graphics where slightly rough. I do see that quite a bit of effort has been put in, however you may want to either go the route of going through some pixel art tutorials or picking up a free program like GIMP, (a free photoshop alternative), and going through a few tutorials. That way you'd come out with much smoother more professional graphics.

I have to say though this was very fun and interesting. I'd love to see what it evolves into so I hope you keep working on it and take some of my advice into account. :)

Thank you for playing!
Your not the first person to have a problem with the ai shooting off screen. In future updates (hopefully the next) i will decrease their view a bit farther, and make a new camera.
All the graphics are placeholder ^_^ They will all be changed, but i wanted to focus more on the gameplay. The last time (well, the last two times) i focused on graphics about midway through production, and it ended up killing my game compeately (half way through putting the new graphics in the artist had to leave for vareous reasons. leaving me with a game with half finished graphics already put in. For some reason this compleatly killed my will to continue with the game)

The AI, as nice as it is (chainsaw made some great stuff) it dosnt realy work for my purposes. In an arena field like this, with randomly placed cover, it works very well. But in any CQB area, like a small building, it gliches up a bit. I may switch it, or i may just make all of the maps like an arena.

Thank you for you post, everything has been taken into account :D
Posted Image

#18 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:53 PM

Im almost done with the next virsion, but im going to slim down the classes to 4 (possibly 5). I know it will mean less weapons, but it will make each class more specialized and feal more unique. The weapons I am going to use are:
Assault Rifle
Submachine Gun
Shotgun
Missle Launcher, RPG, bazooka, whatever you want to call it.

So that means the classes being taken out are Recon, CQB, and Support.

This leaves me with one problem, what secondary weapons to use.
What im absolutly going to use are:
C4
Medkit

Secondary pack is out the window, and there will be no armor.
The ones I need to decide from are:
Airstike
Land Mine
Airburst/Grenade

I can pick two of the 3. The airstike is realy cool, and very effective. The land mine ive gotten prase about. And the Airburst/grenade is an obvious secondary for an assault rifle.

I would like to know your guys opinions, which ones should I keep?
Posted Image

#19 Venomous

Venomous

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1626 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 07 March 2011 - 01:31 PM

Nice work on this. Here are my thoughts.

-Clear your surfaces at the start of each room. The ground was full of junk when I started.
But I didn't notice anything when I started the game again. Weird.
-The AI was pretty intelligent, but I think they should come a bit closer before attacking. Seems like they
shoot as soon as there's an opening between them and the enemy.
-I think the shotgun should have a little bit more spread.
-The sniper repeated a little slow, but that could just be me, since the game was lagging a bit there I think.
-Looked cool the way the dummies flew back when shot with the shotgun.
-Change "God Mode" into a cheat maybe?
-The spent bullet shells on the ground added a nice touch.
-Maybe add bullets trails too?
-The helicopter take-off looks odd. Maybe a scaling animation? image_xscale and image_yscale.

Anyways, good work. Keep it up.

As for the question in your post above, I'd go with the airstrike and grenade. Land mines are not so fun to use.
But you could always make customizable classes, and keep them all. Quite a bit more work though.

-XB

Edited by XtraButter, 07 March 2011 - 01:35 PM.

#20 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 09:38 PM

Thanks for posting

I do clear my surfaces. What did you do before you changed rooms? Thats never happend to me before.
Theyll come closer in the next update
The Shotgun does need more spread, but... i love it so much :D
The sniper has good spacing in my opinion. I played around with it for a wile and this speed seems the best
God mode is just me fooling around, though it would be cool as a cheat. Ill think about it ;)
Bullets are being remade
Im going to make a taking off animation using x and y scale, i just havnt gotten to it yet.

Customizable classes will not be added, at least not to the extent of popular games with it.
Thanks for your imput, ill be sure to look into it.
Posted Image

#21 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Update guys
While it hasnt fixed the problem of AI shooting you from offscreen, it has added a few things. its not exactly a large update, but hey why not.
Update v0.4:
Increased vehicle health
Muzzle flash
Aiming system
Scorch marks
Glass
other things

Download link:
Click here

I think im actualy going to make something out of this now. Ive got 2 ideas:
A near future shooter (Inspried by games like lost plant) no laser weapons though
or
The Unrealistic Shooter: a shooter that is extreamly unrealistic. uses a class system with big guns and other weapons that are unrealistic or over the top

Which one do you guys think i should go for? im leaning more towards the first one...
Posted Image

#22 john_smith

john_smith

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

Crosshair seems improved in this version. Only things i saw which were a little "glitchy" were:

-you can see/go off the map (gray area) (maybe restrict view_xview and yview so they cant go below zero

-enemies sometimes snap at you like aimbots ::lmao::

#23 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:17 PM

Crosshair seems improved in this version. Only things i saw which were a little "glitchy" were:

-you can see/go off the map (gray area) (maybe restrict view_xview and yview so they cant go below zero

-enemies sometimes snap at you like aimbots ::lmao::

Thanks, ive got an even better one in the next virsion. Might make different ones to choose from.

- Can you explane? I dont get it

-Hopefully fixed in the next virsion. Ive already got half of it fixed. So they slowly turn. now i have to make it so they shoot at where there facing, shouldnt be too hard.

Thanks for trying it again
Posted Image

#24 john_smith

john_smith

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:37 PM

- Can you explane? I dont get it

If you move the character to the top left, top right, bottom left, etc. theres gray all around. You should crop these areas by limiting view_xview and view_yview

#25 Water Chicken

Water Chicken

Got it memorized?

• GMC Member
  • 1207 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:39 PM

EDIT: Ignore me, I was thinking wrong.

Edited by Emanrice, 13 March 2011 - 09:40 PM.

#26 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 11:23 PM

If you move the character to the top left, top right, bottom left, etc. theres gray all around. You should crop these areas by limiting view_xview and view_yview

You mean the wall?

EDIT: Ignore me, I was thinking wrong.

I didnt see your orriginal post, so no worries

EDIT: I dont know if anyone noticed, but i accedently bumped up the airstike to about three times its original power. This is a mistake, and i forgot to take it out. Not a big deal, but it lags and looks out of place

Edited by King Chubbles, 14 March 2011 - 01:22 AM.

Posted Image

#27 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:53 PM

Update! Rather large, though mostly done to the room entitled "Aim". If you play, please check that room out. Inlcuding dynamic lighting (woohoo), smooth turing, and alot of other things.

Update v0.5 (be sure to check out the "aim" room):
A dynamic lighting system (credits in game info)
Simple lighting (not dynamic, like the shell casings, but it looks like it is, and takes up less memory)
Much better crosshair
Movement isnt instance (turning)
Improved veicles
Updated aim system quite a bit
Vareous other things

Please read the top of the game information for more details on updates.

Download link:
Click here
Posted Image

#28 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:18 PM

Added a graphics topic. If you would like to do graphics for the game, go there.
Graphic Topic
A single person doing graphics are preffered, but not necessary.
Posted Image

#29 marsiic

marsiic

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 806 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:19 PM

intresting game!.. :D

Posted Image

Edited by marsiic, 31 March 2011 - 04:19 PM.

voteup_by_marsiic-d5zb7qd.png

..marsiic!..

Here u can see some of my work @ DeviantArt
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

#30 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 08:23 PM

intresting game!.. :D

Posted Image

Wow thats realy nice man! Thanks!

Took me a while to realize it was a modified virsion of the gun i made.
Posted Image

#31 ydawg314

ydawg314

GMC Member

• 901 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:04 PM

Yo chubbles, I think you should spring for cod type damage system. All make vehicles have different damage locations. For example tail rotor should be a vital kill spot. Dont make helicopter just blow up make the pilot get shot and die or make fuel tanks that are criticle spots... same with tank

Also I think i said this before but you have to make vehicles control like they do in games such as battlefield. "Make they easy to control hard to master". I think you should take this mindset as you add more things to this game.
Check out my newest game Redesigned from scratch!
Posted Image
Download Mobile Suit Grunt Wars.zip W.I.P 7-26
TEST YOUR MECH PILOTING SKILLS!!!
Spoiler

#32 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:32 PM

Yo chubbles, I think you should spring for cod type damage system. All make vehicles have different damage locations. For example tail rotor should be a vital kill spot. Dont make helicopter just blow up make the pilot get shot and die or make fuel tanks that are criticle spots... same with tank

Also I think i said this before but you have to make vehicles control like they do in games such as battlefield. "Make they easy to control hard to master". I think you should take this mindset as you add more things to this game.

Im going to add those helicopter weak points. With the tank, im going to add "strong points" instead of weak points. Shouldnt be too hard at all.

I dont get exactly what you get by the controlling. While i would love to have the "easy to learn hard to master" thing, it might be a tad difficult. Ive been trying to think of ways to make it better, but all i can come up with as of now is to make turning slower, and make the tank slow down when it hits walls.

Thanks for trying it again :lol:

As for where the game is going right now, ive got a guy who will hopefully be able to do graphics. Also, ive been able to reduce lag that occurs with lighting.
Posted Image

#33 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:21 PM

I played it, it was pretty fun and the AI was nice, although it seemed like some enemies can see farther than me (meaning they have a bigger view or something), which I thought was unfair, also it looks like you deactivate instances outside of the view? (because walls seem to glitchily appear on the edges)
Whenever I choose the bazooka guy, he shoots as soon as he spawns... actually I think all of them shoot off a bullet when they spawn.

It's pretty nice I guess, still needs work. ;)

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#34 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 11:30 PM

I played it, it was pretty fun and the AI was nice, although it seemed like some enemies can see farther than me (meaning they have a bigger view or something), which I thought was unfair, also it looks like you deactivate instances outside of the view? (because walls seem to glitchily appear on the edges)
Whenever I choose the bazooka guy, he shoots as soon as he spawns... actually I think all of them shoot off a bullet when they spawn.

It's pretty nice I guess, still needs work. ;)

They do see farther than you, and its being fixed.
I could have sworn i fixed that shooting thing. its a simple change in one variable. Will be fixed in next update
EDIT: i find it strange we started on the same day, different months. Not sure why i noticed
EDIT2: About the gliching of the walls. They arnt deactivated, they just arnt drawn. And for the glichy look to it, its because for some reason i didnt do the view plus a little bit more. Already fixed

Edited by King Chubbles, 01 April 2011 - 08:43 PM.

Posted Image

#35 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

Great update Chubbles :D

I especially like the lighting when you shoot, although that effect would only be necessary when its darker and not in daytime.
Can't wait for a full game being made with this.

-Dylan

Posted Image

#36 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:37 PM

Great update Chubbles :D

I especially like the lighting when you shoot, although that effect would only be necessary when its darker and not in daytime.
Can't wait for a full game being made with this.

-Dylan

With the lighting engine im using (pheonix) i can easly change it from mid day to dark to morning, ext ext. Just a change of a variable.
Once i implement lighting into everything it will look realy nice.
Speaking of looking realy nice, wait till you see the new graphics that Swifty is making, there aboslutly beautiful.
Posted Image

#37 Rare

Rare

rawr

• GMC Member
  • 376 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:19 PM

This looks very good, what version of gm did you use?

Pros:
MENU
-Main Menu: Looked Very good.
IN-GAME
-This is sweet as. Shooting and movement was good.
-Lighting and Explosion effects is EPIC!
-Destructable Terrain is awesome.
-Vehicles are awesome.

Cons:
MENU
-Default Icon (I guess if it's just an engine it doesnt really matter tho)
-Play, aim and testing rooms buttons text looked good (the actual button was just one colour)
In-GAME
-Dieing animation of enemies is unrealistic.
-Healbar is GM_Default (looks like it)
-Lagg, lots of it.

I rate this 9/10 Best engine ever.
._.

#38 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 10:56 PM

This looks very good, what version of gm did you use?
Pros:
MENU
-Main Menu: Looked Very good.
IN-GAME
-This is sweet as. Shooting and movement was good.
-Lighting and Explosion effects is EPIC!
-Destructable Terrain is awesome.
-Vehicles are awesome.
Cons:
MENU
-Default Icon (I guess if it's just an engine it doesnt really matter tho)
-Play, aim and testing rooms buttons text looked good (the actual button was just one colour)
In-GAME
-Dieing animation of enemies is unrealistic.
-Healbar is GM_Default (looks like it)
-Lagg, lots of it.
I rate this 9/10 Best engine ever.

Thanks for the complements.
I dont get the cons for the menue though.
Healtbar is a drawn rectangle, ill change it eventualy.
Lag. I know. Lag. The lighting lag has been reduced. Though im almost positive (75%) that its the AI thats lagging. Because of this, an AI change is going to be made when i get around to it. Im currently going through a big change with this game (everything is going to be converted to the "aim" virsion of things) as well as new graphics that are being made by Swifty. AI isnt the first thing on my list, but it should reduce lag by quite a bit when i change it.
I rather like the dieing. You mean the dummies? Thats what im going to go with, though a little different, just graphicly.

This is sweet as.

Whats that mean?

Im using GM7, but, eventualy, maybe, ill switch to GM8.
Thanks again :lol:
Posted Image

#39 Rare

Rare

rawr

• GMC Member
  • 376 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 02 April 2011 - 01:49 AM

Sorry I just felt like saying it was sweet.
Good Engine :D
._.

#40 Venomous

Venomous

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1626 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

Using GM8 would probably reduce the lag a bit.

#41 Dylan93

Dylan93

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 867 posts

Posted 02 April 2011 - 12:52 PM

Thanks for the complements.
I dont get the cons for the menue though.
Healtbar is a drawn rectangle, ill change it eventualy.
Lag. I know. Lag. The lighting lag has been reduced. Though im almost positive (75%) that its the AI thats lagging. Because of this, an AI change is going to be made when i get around to it. Im currently going through a big change with this game (everything is going to be converted to the "aim" virsion of things) as well as new graphics that are being made by Swifty. AI isnt the first thing on my list, but it should reduce lag by quite a bit when i change it.
I rather like the dieing. You mean the dummies? Thats what im going to go with, though a little different, just graphicly.

This is sweet as.

Whats that mean?

Thanks again :lol:

Like Xtrabutter said, switching to GM8 will reduce lag, but the main factors of lag is, the computers of the people themselves.
You should make options for people like Rare.

Edited by Dylan93, 02 April 2011 - 12:53 PM.

Posted Image

#42 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 01:54 PM

Im going to get GM8, but it might not be for a while. It will happen though.

As for options, theres going to be a surface toggle, and an effects (rubble, blood) toggle.
im also thinking about taking out the dynamic shadows. As cool as it is, it may be pointless. Ill think about it.
Ill do a new update when i get new graphics in.
Posted Image

#43 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 06:39 PM

Hey guys

Alright so i had to do something with my computer. I also had to get rid of gamemaker unfortunatly.
I made sure to keep the .gmk files, as well as all of the sprites and resources. I will be buying GM8 very soon (within the week most likely) and all be able to work on it then.

Again, this in no way means this game is cancled, in fact, this is going to boost production since im going to be buying GM8.

Ill post again when i get gamemaker.
There have been some advancements, and there should be less lag by the next update.
Posted Image

#44 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:35 PM

Sorry for the wait you guys, ill get GM8 soon.
Im going to post a new graphics topic soon, since the graphic artist currently working on it stopped logging on.

I liked the style though
Posted Image

#45 King Chubbles

King Chubbles

GMC Member

• 1052 posts

Posted 19 May 2011 - 01:09 AM

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=508167

New graphics topic. Check it out if your interested.

This will be the last bump before the update. Im sorry for keeping you all waiting things have been crazy.

Edited by King Chubbles, 19 May 2011 - 01:10 AM.

Posted Image

#46 PR8G4M3R

PR8G4M3R

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 February 2013 - 01:59 PM

less gore would be better
PR8 G4M3R