9 replies to this topic

#1 Archanix

Archanix

GMC Member

• 12 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:02 PM

Hi everyone!
I'm making a 2D space game that follows the RPG/Strategy/Shooter game. It's about the player going around the galaxy, recruiting various pilots, and fighting agaist alien invaders who are trying to mine the galaxy and then destroy it, starting with Earth (I'll have to decide what they are mining; probably some recently discovered metal or ore.) The sprites are top-down and (since I have pro) there will be a shareware and a registered version. Once released, it will be available on a website I'm creating (www.archanix.webs.com), and the registered version can be sent via CD or e-mail. I'm looking for spome sprites that includes:

Basic Ships: 56x56 minimum size (can be a tiny bit bigger if needed). I'm looking for many different human-style and alien-style ships. I'll try to make some uploads on example frames if I can put together some. Human ships should have steel, grey, black, or emerald colors to them, while alien ships should be steel, grey, black, and dark purple. It doesn't matter on the shape they take. Ships will be divided into six classes: Fighter, Carrier, Skirmisher, Bomber, Special and Support. Fighter is just the basic ship. Carriers should be a slow-looking type of ship that is wider and bulkier than others. Skirmishers should look weak but fast. Bombers should look armored, slow and bulky. Special should look like powerful, rare ships that look better and more expensive than others. Support ships should be crosses between other classes.
Station Platforms: 140x140, same colors for each faction. Stations should have places for lights that will blink according to its status, since stations can be destroyed. (i.e. green means good, red means bad, etc.)

Lasers and beams: Just the simple, classic stuff, with the main color of the laser fading to white in the center. Should be red, blue, green, purple, and yellow.

Thrusters: This is needed as narrow, blue or yellow flames for humans, while alien ships will have just a slight purple or blue glow.

Mother Ships: Just huge ships that resemble a faction, but will tell the player that they are "bosses" of the faction. These don't have a specific size, as long as they are bigger and more powerful-looking than others (just don't make them too big.)

Don't worry if you get the sizes off, since I can just resize them if needed.

...for now, I'm going to gather these up until I got enough, then I'll request for the HUD.

Whoever help with this can have the full registered version for free if the desire it once I'm done. Credits will be given to all who contribute, telling which artists did what.
-Thanks all! I'll be checking on this whenever I'm not in school or when I'm not working on the spriting.

Edit: The game will be named Battlefront: Operation X

Edited by Archanix, 04 December 2010 - 09:57 PM.

#2 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:34 PM

Posted Image

Did these a while ago for a game that never got released. Not the size you wanted but go wild if you want them.

tumblr_ngbm3tNUVy1thlk7do1_75sq.png

Professor Kayge says: "Play Project Jin! I'm sure it's been released by whatever year you're reading this in!"

#3 Archanix

Archanix

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:38 PM

Posted Image

Did these a while ago for a game that never got released. Not the size you wanted but go wild if you want them.

That's great!

The two smallest ones are awesome in shape and design, and I'll shrink down the two other ones, re-color them, and they'll be great!

#4 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:39 PM

I think I still have the unfinished logo around somewhere if you want me to dig that up...

Edit:
Posted Image
Found it. It was meant to have something written on the craft but I can't remember what it was... Anyway, go wild, finish it, delete it, whatever.

Also you may want to think about setting up a credit system if you want more spriters to respond. Check out the other requests in this section for examples.

Edit:
Corrected the grammar produced by my simple mind.

Edited by Rusty, 04 December 2010 - 09:26 PM.

Professor Kayge says: "Play Project Jin! I'm sure it's been released by whatever year you're reading this in!"

#5 Archanix

Archanix

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 08:51 PM

So far I've made up an example for a human fighter:
Posted Image
Hopefully you guys can use this as an example for spriting. If anyone wants to color and shade this, that would be awesome too.

Edited by Archanix, 04 December 2010 - 08:57 PM.

#6 Archanix

Archanix

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:18 PM

I think I still have the unfinished logo around somewhere if you want me to dig that up...

Edit:
Posted Image
Found it. It was meant to have something written on the craft but I can't remember what it was... Anyway, go wild, finished it, delete it, whatever.

Also you may want to think about setting up a credit system if you want more spriters to respond. Check out the other requests in this section for examples.

Okay thanks for the tip. I'll change the top topic part.

and about the sprite... I'll have to think of a way to use it. Could use a mouth, but other than that it's great.

#7 Rusty

Rusty

The Rustic One

• GMC Member
  • 4048 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:30 PM

As I said, I never finished it. I was half done when the game developer stopped responding to me.

Also, I just noticed in your post that you offered a free full registered version? If this is your first game I wouldn't suggest selling it, especially if this is your first encounter with GML.

#8 Archanix

Archanix

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 09:51 PM

As I said, I never finished it. I was half done when the game developer stopped responding to me.

Also, I just noticed in your post that you offered a free full registered version? If this is your first game I wouldn't suggest selling it, especially if this is your first encounter with GML.

Nah I've created games before, one of them was a 3D racing game for FBLA... not top-of-the-line ones, but decent enough to be sold. I'm not sure if the whole public would want to buy it, but since I'm pretty much the only person who makes games where I live, alot of friends of mine buy them.

One of the reasons I'm putting it up on the site. I can't say how well this will be when it's released, but based on how long I've been planning how this game will work, it should come out pretty good.

Anyway I've recolored and edited one of your ships, resulting in this:
Posted Image

Human Bomber or support. might remake it again, but for now its fine.

Edited by Archanix, 04 December 2010 - 10:16 PM.

#9 henrywalton

henrywalton

GMC Member

• 321 posts

Posted 04 December 2010 - 10:05 PM

Edited by henrywalton, 04 December 2010 - 10:07 PM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~You sir, yes you! If you like cookies
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~then please click the button below (:

#10 Archanix

Archanix

GMC Member

• 12 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 05:37 PM

In the case that anybody is reading this, all the sprites are done. If I could send sprites and somebody make models using anim8or or something like that, it would really help...