• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 29 November 2010 - 11:57 PM

Super Smash Land

Website
YoYoGames
Youtube

Introduction:
I am here to introduce a fan-project that I have been working on for a few months now. The project consists of me, Dan Fornace doing art and programming, and InversePhase covering Sound Effects and Music.

We are working on a relatively experiment recreation of the Super Smash Brothers series as if it were released for the Gameboy Original and was a part of the franchise. Of course, I will be taking away many of the restrictions since I am actually developing it for Windows Pc with Game Maker. However, we want the presentation to be authentic as possible. I have been working on 4 color pixel art while InversePhase is working with authentic chiptune skills to create sounds that match the game.

Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGSDf5Bc2PE

Gameplay:

While I am making a fan game, I hope to add many of my own design elements and choices to the game. Since this is for gameboy, I will have a static screen rather than the zooming and moving that is capable in 3d. I will also be using simple stage designs rather then the monstrosities that populated two-thirds of Brawl.

I am also simplifying the combat for the Gameboy. The controls consist of the D-Pad. A to Jump and B to attack. There are no shields, no grabs, no dodges, no smash attacks. Therefore to balance characters and attacks, I am relying heavily on starting and ending lag as well as knockback. Damage and Death percentages will be similar to the series but I do not plan a direct correlation on attacks.

Since there is only one attack button that means there are only 9 attacks. Up down forward and neutral for the ground and the same plus backwards for the air. That means that characters will not take direct translations to their movesets as I am picking the most unique moves in my mind to form the characters.

Finally, I am simplifying the roster. I plan on having 4 characters right now. I plan on making at least one that is not from smash with my own moveset. I may also up the roster to 6 and add another original moveset. I have some ideas that change the way the game is played and make characters more unique so I plan on implementing those.

Beta Build:

It is with great excitement that I present to you the Beta Build for Super Smash Land.

Here are some of the screenshots from the first demo.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

And Finally here is the download:

Beta Website (Updated June 8, 2011)

The controls .txt not only have the controls but you can change them to whatever you like. If it does not recognize the control it goes back to default. I also have it so you can open up the joy2key included in the zip and plug in 3 usb controllers and already have them mapped accordingly.

Defaults for player 1

Arrows Move
Z is jump
X is attack
Enter is Start
Backspace is Select

Videos:

[center]1.) Demo 2 Release Video (February 21, 2010)
2.) Demo 1 Release Video (December 13, 2010)

-Dan

Edited by Dan The Man, 08 July 2011 - 09:56 PM.

smashland-siggy.gif

#2 Koron XYZ

Koron XYZ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1470 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 01:55 AM

impressive trailer... i'll try it out in a bit and edit this

#3 kei

kei

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 226 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

Incredible... Good work!!
If only if it's being ported into GB... lol
O Clan Nature - Rad1anc3, Kei O

#4 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2527 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 November 2010 - 03:46 AM

Reminds me of the same style used by Aski in Tower of Heaven. Nice job on the graphics.

#5 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3227 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:09 PM

One of the funnest GM games I've ever played.

You've captured Super Smash Bros. perfectly for a Game Boy Color styled game. I am eagerly awaiting to be able to play as Link (whenever you get around to creating him)

#6 smelven

smelven

GMC Member

• 259 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 08:03 AM

props man! pretty much feels like an old school smash bros game
the game ran smoothly when i played it yesterday, but now i get some error.

"ERROR in
action number 1
of Other Event: Game Start
for object obj_gameStart:

Error defining an external function."

Any idea what it might be? my computer?(Im not that tech suave)

#7 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 December 2010 - 07:27 PM

@smelven

My guess would be that either the game(the .exe) is no longer in the folder where the .dll for the sound is. Either that or you are trying to run it from the zip. What i would do is find the .zip or download it again and extract it into its own folder and then open up the .exe from there. That way everything that comes with the zip is in the folder and located in the current place. If you are running it off yoyogames instantplay, i do not think you should get that error.

@ Everyone

Thanks alot for the feedback. I plan on adding some of the kind words to my website when i get a chance. Now i'll update you on what I am working on now:

I knew I was going to add options in the next demo, but after getting some feedback, I plan on adding some options to the select screen. After playing brawl competitively, I know that is annoying to wait for people to change controls at the beginning of each match, especially since 90% of the people only turn tap jump off. So here is a mockup for the select screen changes.

Posted Image

What tap jump will do is register up as a jump if you press and release it in the designated time. It will be off by default but easily changeable by just pressing your button at the select screen.

Also, as you can see, I plan on adding some difficulty levels to the cpus.

And before I develop new characters, I was planning on fixing up the engine a bit and making options.

Planned engine changes:
*You can press down to fast fall in the air. Tap and release it quickly to begin fastfall.
*Possibly adding this tap for fast fall to fall through platforms. (Will have an even shorter time needed to press and release it than fast-falling)
*Adding ducking by pressing and holding the down key. Now you might be able to duck under those pesky fireballs.
*Changing the way getting hit again works. Right now each attack makes you invulnerable for a short period of time so that attack cannot hit again. However in 4 player matches this means some strong attacks could miss someone who just got hurt. I plan on changing it so the player knows which attack hit them so they can get hit by a different attack directly after.
*Possibly adding ledge grabbing.
*Possibly speeding up all attacks by around 5-10%
*Possibly changing the way knockback works so attacks have more knockback at lower percentages and slightly less at higher percentages.
*Changing the screenshake to get rid of rotate and adding it to more effects (like RCIX brings up)

Planned Options Menu:
* Music on/off
* SFX on/off
* Player 1 - 4 control changing in-game.

Haven't really thought up any other options yet, but let me know if there are anything you think I need.

I also haven't decided if I will release a demo with these changes or just wait to release more characters and stages with these updates =P

-Dan

smashland-siggy.gif

#8 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3227 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 03:02 AM

http://kotaku.com/57...-enough-to-work

You were featured in Kotaku.

That is pretty amazing.

#9 john_smith

john_smith

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 185 posts

Posted 14 December 2010 - 05:08 AM

Aww.. dissapointed at the lack of demo. Good job on the graphics work with grayscale palette! Hope it plays as good as it looks.

#10 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 05:01 PM

Aww.. dissapointed at the lack of demo. Good job on the graphics work with grayscale palette! Hope it plays as good as it looks.

Sorry! Took it down til friday since the first demo is being re-released on Piki Geek. Once it is up, I will post a link here.

And thanks Mr. RPG! I got the same email from an old co-worker. He was like, "Dude.... I was just on Kotaku...."

smashland-siggy.gif

#11 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 04:23 PM

Demo 1 was just re-released yesterday with a post an interview where i share a little about the game development in Game Maker. Mostly giving props to Jenner for his awesome platform example from years ago =)

http://blog.pikimal....ased/#more-3718

smashland-siggy.gif

#12 TDWP_FTW

TDWP_FTW

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 297 posts

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

Nice, you and your game got mentioned on Kotaku! I don't really look at Kotaku, but a site I go on quite often posted the news article, and I thought it was pretty awesome.

qz95uSQ.png

#13 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hey guys. Development on Smash Land is going well and the next demo is lined up to release in early or mid February with
4 Characters
5 Stages
Team Matches
Custom Controls
Basic Arcade Mode

A teaser video edited by my classmate, Jake Nichols, was just relased at Piki Geek!
http://blog.pikimal....per-smash-land/

Let me know what you think of the teaser =).

-4nace

smashland-siggy.gif

#14 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 06:11 AM

Hey guys, so a little bird told me that Demo 2 is coming out Monday Feb 21.

Posted Image
PIKAAAAAAaaa!!!!

-Dan

smashland-siggy.gif

#15 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 12:24 AM

Super Smash Land Demo 2:

smashland-siggy.gif

#16 Bryan Invincible

Bryan Invincible

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:52 AM

Loved the new demo... very professional, and you did a good job on the animations.

I didnt find any bugs or glitches...I do think that compared to the other characters, Links Big portrait doesnt hold up as well as the others? It doesnt look as good, but thats just my opinion

Awesome work though, its def one of the better games on the forum

#17 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:49 AM

@Bryan

Hey thanks alot for trying it out. And I think i agree with you, just which portrait do you mean, the select screen or the versus screen? I know one them should probably be redrawn, just want to make sure e are thinking of the same one hah.

smashland-siggy.gif

#18 Bryan Invincible

Bryan Invincible

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:00 AM

@Bryan

Hey thanks alot for trying it out. And I think i agree with you, just which portrait do you mean, the select screen or the versus screen? I know one them should probably be redrawn, just want to make sure e are thinking of the same one hah.

Its the Versus screen one that appears during Arcade mode... the select ones are good they work really well.. its just that one...

Though im surprised not alot of people are commenting on this game... its def one of the most professional here

#19 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:00 PM

Ah yes. That is the very same one I wanted to change. What happened was, I based the other 3 off images of the characters from other games and just kinda winged it with link instead of looking for a similar pose. He ended up looking a bit weird.

Also, let me know if you find anything amiss with the balance. BTW, I was checking out the screens from your fighting game and was pretty amazed you got it to look that smooth in game maker. Makes me think I should start bringing my 3d assets into game maker as well.

Once I get a chance to play it, I'll hit up your thread with some questions on your workflow =)

-Dan

Edited by Dan The Man, 22 February 2011 - 08:09 PM.

smashland-siggy.gif

#20 Bryan Invincible

Bryan Invincible

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:16 AM

Ah yes. That is the very same one I wanted to change. What happened was, I based the other 3 off images of the characters from other games and just kinda winged it with link instead of looking for a similar pose. He ended up looking a bit weird.

Also, let me know if you find anything amiss with the balance. BTW, I was checking out the screens from your fighting game and was pretty amazed you got it to look that smooth in game maker. Makes me think I should start bringing my 3d assets into game maker as well.

Once I get a chance to play it, I'll hit up your thread with some questions on your workflow =)

-Dan

lol yea that makes sense, balance wise it all seemed good.. i had no problems at all..
Pre-rendered sprites are a man's best friend hahaha just model, texture, rig then your off.. It def saves ALOT of time

#21 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

So i uploaded my game to yoyogames, but can't figure out how to get the instant play to work... Any ideas?
http://www.yoyogames...uper-smash-land

-Dan

smashland-siggy.gif

#22 lacie

lacie

GMC Member

• 18 posts

Posted 04 March 2011 - 06:27 AM

GYAAAA! I'm falling in love!

Bored feeling

#23 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 March 2011 - 07:20 AM

Thanks lacie =)

Was googling my game to see if any discussions were going on and found this convo which I thought was pretty sweet.

Posted Image

Gonna make sure the final release blows people away. =)

-Dan

smashland-siggy.gif

#24 Mr. RPG

Mr. RPG

GMC's Forum Troll

• GMC Member
  • 3227 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 09:48 AM

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /nfs/c07/h01/mnt/98281/domains/blog.pikimal.com/html/wp-content/themes/pikimal/404.php on line 18

Error received when trying to download Demo Version 2.

#25 Haplo_64

Haplo_64

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 12:30 PM

You do know that this got onto PcPowerplay's coverdisk, right?
Issue #188

(PcPowerplay is an Australian Pc Gaming magazine, for the lesser informed)
Bingely Bingely Boop!

#26 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 20 March 2011 - 10:16 PM

@Mr. RPG.

That's odd. perhaps their servers were having troubles

Here is the direct link again - http://blog.pikimal.com/SSL-Demo2.zip.

I've also uploaded it to yoyogames here http://www.yoyogames...uper-smash-land

@Haplo_64

No, I had no idea haha. What is a coverdisk? And is there any way that I can purchase just the issue to check it out?

Thanks for the find though!

I would love to see if they had any info on it too.

Anyway, as for development on the game. Things are going pretty well. I am trying to figure online high scores at the moment and develop a fun endless mode for players to have some competition if they don't have any friends haha. I have also finished coding the 5th character and am going to start drawing the 6th character soon. Both secret characters have never been in a smash game before.
I am hoping for a late spring release. Probably late May or so with the whole game done and then probably only a balance update or two after that.
So yeah, if you guys have any balance comments about demo 2 let me know. Not much has changed so far with those 4 characters.

-Dan

smashland-siggy.gif

#27 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:39 PM

Instant Play finally working for those of you that prefer it. Progress is also moving along for the final release with an expected arrival of Late May to early June.

Here is the yoyo link

-Dan

smashland-siggy.gif

#28 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 06:43 AM

Exported from Blog Post

It is with great pleasure that I announce to you the final boss for Super Smash Land. Here I will be straying from the original series and be excluding the Master Hand. Instead, I bring one of the most talented and accomplished artists onto the battlefield to fight. This star has been itching to be in Smash since she blew up onto the music scene. With phenomenal vocals and magical wordplay, her skill will test you on the battlefield. I am talking about none other than...

Posted Image

Rebecca Black!

Her attacks consists of:

* Weighing Conundrums such as which seat to sit in.
* Explaining the Days of the week.
* Eating Cereal
* Getting Down
* Looking Forward
* Riding in the Back of a Car

I hope you all enjoy the greatness that this boss will exemplify. Of course the fight will be accompanied by Inversephase's chiptune rendition of Rebecca's hit song, Friday.

smashland-siggy.gif

#29 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 01 April 2011 - 08:43 AM

Spoiler

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#30 Canite

Canite

Canigget

• GMC Member
  • 1358 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:07 PM

Holy crap, this game looks awesome! Please update the link, I want to play it :D

By the way, mind sharing the palette? I'd love to make gameboy-esque games ;)

Posted Image
Fast-paced grappling hook platformer WIP Topic

#31 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 04:33 AM

Ah yes, Mr. RPG was asking for this as well. I never got around to it, but here it is-
Posted Image

As for the game itself, the piki geek link sometimes goes down for some reason, but the yoyogames link is up and usually stable -
http://img195.images...olorpalette.png

Thanks for the interest =)

smashland-siggy.gif

#32 shadowx214

shadowx214

GMC Member

• 3 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

please put the download on mediafire, right now the download link is broken please fix it!

#33 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 01:07 AM

please put the download on mediafire, right now the download link is broken please fix it!

Hey sorry mate. That link does go down pretty often for some reason. Anyway, the YoYogames link is pretty stable and can be found here:

Also I plan to have a new demo / the final release out by the end of June. I'll have updates soon.

-Dan

Edited by Dan The Man, 05 June 2011 - 01:08 AM.

smashland-siggy.gif

#34 TheUltimate

TheUltimate

Life is Awesome

• GMC Member
  • 1147 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 03:16 PM

Spoiler

So... I just tried your game and I'm pretty impressed.
Everything about it works and it's smooth. It's neat how you did the music and the sound effects like they were actually on a Game Boy. Pretty cool. Too bad this didn't actually exist for Game Boy.

There isn't much to go about for levels and stuff, but hey, it's just a wip. There'll be more stuff coming, right?

I like the attacks and stuff, and the AI is pretty good, but on Link's level, if you get him at the bottom right, against the wall, he gets stuck. Just a minor thing. And like every fighting game, it eventually comes down to mashing buttons to win. :) Not saying it's a bad thing, but that's what happens.

◊◊◊◊1/2 (out of 5)

TheUltimate

image.png

- Awesome games from around here: Unlimited - Legena: New Dawn - PlanIt - Tinha War - CountAir Strike -

#35 Yal

Yal

Even though the GMC may be gone, our love will prevail eternally

• Global Moderators
  • 11774 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 09:52 AM

That link does go down pretty often for some reason

I recommend you to use www.box.net for mirrors. Pretty reliable as far as I can tell.

- The above is my personal opinion and in no way representative of Yoyogames or the GMC, except when explicitly stated -

Open this spoiler for my games:

Spoiler

Some useful game engines, music and other resources at affordable prices:

My collection of game resources at itch.io

New user? Can't draw but want to look unique? You can request a new avatar in this thread!

#36 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2549 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 06:22 PM

That link does go down pretty often for some reason

I recommend you to use www.box.net for mirrors. Pretty reliable as far as I can tell.

I can back Yal up on this. I use it constantly

Keep up the work Dan! You certainly are the man with this game!

If I have provided feedback on a game of yours, it would be epic if you do the same!
LND_Twitter_Icon.png Leon_Topic_Icon.png

Leon [PC]  | |Texture Page Calculator for GMStudio | Analog Sticks for GMStudio

#37 mazimadu

mazimadu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 244 posts

Posted 08 June 2011 - 06:59 PM

I liked this game. There was just something about it, it just felt right.
If this where a Game boy game. I would own it and play all the time via link cable.

#38 Tao Jaz

Tao Jaz

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:09 PM

Hey, I like this. My only problem is- is this only going to have six characters? I think this game has a lot of potential. I would love it SO much to have this game with a roster of 10 characters. And if you make more characters, make sure to put rebecca black in there!!!! :)

#39 EchoJerichoX

EchoJerichoX

www.MetroidCoven.com

• GMC Member
  • 508 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 08 July 2011 - 07:34 AM

Wow, this has some serious potential. Great work bud!

Metroid%20Coven%20Title.png

Metroid: Coven is my main project. It is based on the Metroid series and is in the top-down perspective. You can get more information in the following places...

The official website: http://www.metroidco...com/en/news.php.

The GMC forums post: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=510903.

The Trello board: https://trello.com/b...m/metroid-coven.

The YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.c...er/EchoJerichoX.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/EchoJerichoX.
You can also find information on joining the development team here: http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=468874.

#40 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:54 PM

Oh I guess I should tell you all that the Beta Build has been released. Unfortunately for Tao with only 6 characters but 2 are unlockable =)

Feel free to try it out at www.supersmashland.com

As for Rebecca Blackkkk. Perhaps by next April Fools she'll be a complete character haha. And thanks for the comments mazimadu and EchoJerichoX. I worked for a while getting the engine to feel like Smash while still being very simple.

Let me know if you find any bugs. I am stomping them out before letting the whole internets know the game is released =)

-Dan

Edited by Dan The Man, 08 July 2011 - 09:54 PM.

smashland-siggy.gif

#41 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2549 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:32 PM

Hey Dan, it's Tetiro from ZFGC. Loving the game man! If you want help with the sprites, I'll be happy to help for a few weeks.

I'm spriting Isaac (Golden Sun) as a tribute to this fan game. It's these sort of games that make me still believe in Gamemaker

Edited by King Tetiro, 05 August 2011 - 12:37 AM.

If I have provided feedback on a game of yours, it would be epic if you do the same!

#42 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:12 AM

Just some stuff to consider:
Perhaps use Up arrow to Jump? This way you can have Up attacks and Down (sweeping attacks or Bomb attacks.) Also, I don't remember if you could triple jump or not like original ssb (up up, boost attack.)

The Ai was pretty good, but on Hyrule Temple you could exploit if it got under the ledge. A continue or two would have been nice, also I noticed Pikachu's smash attack could be held permanently...I don't remember if Pikachu had a move similar to a smash attack in ssb but it looked identical to a smash attack...except you could charge it forever which made it too easy.

Also, there were no items. :P
Bibby the Beaver beta v 2.5

Rabid Ace: Enter the Darkness beta v 1

Eye CANDY. You can't live off candy, too much of it makes you hyper then sluggish, fat, and gives you cavities

My cousins favorite food is broccoli.

#43 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2549 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 03:33 PM

During my day off today, I've been creating GB for fun and wondered "What if Super Smash Land was then ported to the Game Boy Color?"

So after an hour of colouring and making sure the graphics meet the Game Boy Color style rules, I made this.

Below is a MOCK UP of Super Smash Land in colour. This will never become reality unless Dan decides to turn it into reality. This is purely a visual representation of a wondering.

EDIT: Plus it's a tribute to Dan's excellent work. Keep the project strong Dan!

Posted Image

Edited by King Tetiro, 05 August 2011 - 03:37 PM.

#44 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 08:23 PM

To be honest I like the GBC version better.

Eye CANDY. You can't live off candy, too much of it makes you hyper then sluggish, fat, and gives you cavities

#45 Dan The Man

Dan The Man

Super Smash Master

• GMC Member
  • 534 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 06:49 PM

@storkEXEC
Hey stork, thanks for trying it out. However, the up jump feature you are looking for can be turned on by pressing that button under your character in either versus or arcade that says Up Jump if you turn it on, then you can tap the up key to jump as well as using the jump key

@King Tetiro
Haha niceeee. That's looking really cool. How did you go about picking the color palette? I see that you kept to the 3 color limitations for sprites =P. I didn't find that out til a bit after starting so i ditched it haha. The stage does look pretty nice with the colors. My only thing is, I wonder if I would leave everything you can stand on with the black outline or not just so the stage is a bit more clear =P. As for a GBC version, I still do not have one planned, but once I finish everything then I might open it up to some community experimenting. Not sure how to do that though other than release the .gmk.

-Dan

smashland-siggy.gif

#46 King Tetiro

King Tetiro

King of Orenna

• GMC Member
  • 2549 posts

Posted 06 August 2011 - 08:58 PM

@storkEXEC
Hey stork, thanks for trying it out. However, the up jump feature you are looking for can be turned on by pressing that button under your character in either versus or arcade that says Up Jump if you turn it on, then you can tap the up key to jump as well as using the jump key

@King Tetiro
Haha niceeee. That's looking really cool. How did you go about picking the color palette? I see that you kept to the 3 color limitations for sprites =P. I didn't find that out til a bit after starting so i ditched it haha. The stage does look pretty nice with the colors. My only thing is, I wonder if I would leave everything you can stand on with the black outline or not just so the stage is a bit more clear =P. As for a GBC version, I still do not have one planned, but once I finish everything then I might open it up to some community experimenting. Not sure how to do that though other than release the .gmk.

-Dan

Thanks, I appreciate the compliment. I do agree with the black outline comment. If you do wish for a GBC colour version, I'd happily work on that with you. It's actually pretty damn fun doing it.

And as for that D Ground remark on Smash Boards
http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Quake

Here's the image for those who want to know what I'm talking about

Posted Image

EDIT: Hold the phone! Why isn't Samus in the game? And Fox for that matter?

Edited by King Tetiro, 07 August 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#47 Tao Jaz

Tao Jaz

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:31 AM

Keep working on this!!! This has the potential to become a great game!! Also, here's some sprites for characters that I did: http://twitpic.com/5xux7n
I know they're colored, but there you go. They're a start.

#48 storkEXEC

storkEXEC

GMC Member

• 365 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

Keep working on this!!! This has the potential to become a great game!! Also, here's some sprites for characters that I did: http://twitpic.com/5xux7n
I know they're colored, but there you go. They're a start.

you might wanna use a different link

EDIT: nvm it seems to be okay now.

Edited by storkEXEC, 23 August 2011 - 02:25 PM.

#49 Tao Jaz

Tao Jaz

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 23 August 2011 - 04:29 PM

Oh yeah, sorry.
From left to right they are:
Mario, Kirby, Link, Pikachu, Luigi, Sonic, Waddle Dee, Meta Knight, Knuckle Joe, Ness, Nyan Cat, Naruto, Luffy, Samus, Dark Samus, Yoshi, Sova (from Metroid), the Hatchling, Commander Video, Wario, Waluigi, Slime, Centibeast(From dragon Quest)

#50 Tao Jaz

Tao Jaz

GMC Member

• 26 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 02:14 PM

Oh, and can somebody tell me how to unlock the characters? There isn't anything on the internet yet.