Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Woah, madewithclockwork.com is gone. Where did it go? D:

#182 Jub Jub

Jub Jub

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

It would be cool if you added a portion of the site to show off games made with clockwork. (I used it for the high scores in nazi zombies if you want to add it :yes: )

Yea, I'll probably be doing that sometime this summer.

Woah, madewithclockwork.com is gone. Where did it go? D:

Ooops, sorry, I'm transferring away from Godaddy, and accidentally pointed "www.madewithclockwork.com" to the wrong server.

For now, you can use "madewithclockwork.com" (with no www) until the dns propogates, which should take about an hour.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Robert

#183 Orbitguy

Orbitguy

UNS Lead Guy

• GMC Member
  • 348 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 15 June 2012 - 02:55 AM

Any chance we can have it so that only the top score for each user is shown in the highscores? For example I was looking to use clockwork for highscores in our online game, and the highscores are each player's level. It doesn't make so much sense to have multiple entries per player, rather, just the top one. If this would be too much trouble that's fine, just throwing it out as a suggestion.

#184 Jub Jub

Jub Jub

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 05:20 AM

Any chance we can have it so that only the top score for each user is shown in the highscores? For example I was looking to use clockwork for highscores in our online game, and the highscores are each player's level. It doesn't make so much sense to have multiple entries per player, rather, just the top one. If this would be too much trouble that's fine, just throwing it out as a suggestion.

Sorry, not now, although I'm definitely considering that for the future. Right now, it just isn't technically possibly because Clockwork doesn't track players.

Robert

#185 Aertcz

Aertcz

Aleksander

• GMC Member
  • 1660 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

Question. Is there a way we can have the "back-end" to run the highscore system on our own servers, instead of going through clockwork. The only reason why I mention this is because of all my games that used an online highscore system, now have to be re-updated. I like having a game and only making it once. To say that a GM-run service will never close is a bit rediculous (Vex Online Highscores).

#186 Jub Jub

Jub Jub

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 04:06 AM

Question. Is there a way we can have the "back-end" to run the highscore system on our own servers, instead of going through clockwork. The only reason why I mention this is because of all my games that used an online highscore system, now have to be re-updated. I like having a game and only making it once. To say that a GM-run service will never close is a bit rediculous (Vex Online Highscores).

If you'd like to run the software yourself, the source code is here:

https://github.com/rlord/clockwork

The code is both poorly written and undocumented, but if you'd like to try, there it is. Feel free to make pull requests if you want, too.

You'll need a server with PHP and MySQL.

#187 Jub Jub

Jub Jub

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

Hi everyone,

In case it isn't obvious, I just don't have any more time to continue working on/updating/supporting Clockwork. I'm entering my senior year of high school, and life is just too time consuming to continue developing this service.

The service will continue to run as-is for at least until February 1st, 2013, after which it will be shut down along with gmhighscores.com

If you'd like to run your own version of Clockwork, the source code will be permanently hosted at https://github.com/rlord/clockwork. If you host it on your own site, there should be a place in the SDK to switch the server it connects to. Feel free to submit pull requests.

If you need support, the best place to get it is to post in this thread topic, and I will be shutting down the support website.

Thanks for supporting the GMH and Clockwork over all these years. Posted Image It's been a wonderful chapter in my life.

Robert

EDIT: I'm actually going to keep this service running, since a lot of people still seem to be using it. I'll keep it running at least until 2014.

Edited by Jub Jub, 14 March 2013 - 01:51 AM.

#188 Docopoper

Docopoper

You are observant!

• GMC Member
  • 1287 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:33 PM

That's a pity. Thanks for the service though - it's been great. I hope the next chapter in your life is even better. :) Thank you.

#189 kikjezrous

kikjezrous

Seer of Spaaace

• GMC Member
  • 637 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:53 PM

NUUUUU!!!!!

It can't be! Oh well.
Thank you so much for mak:ng th:s awesome serv:ce. I jjust w:sh you could keep ::t runn:ng.

Hope you have, as sa:d before, an even better chapter of your l:fe.
Cheers!

Glub ::t. I acc:dentally downrated your post.

#190 Noah Semonchick

Noah Semonchick

Slash Games

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 August 2012 - 05:13 PM

Damn it, I accidentally gave you a -1, Jub Jub. I'm sorry, I meant to give you a +1...

Edit: I gave you a +1 reputation on one of your other posts to make up for my mistake... :)

Edited by Noah Semonchick, 13 August 2012 - 10:08 PM.

#191 Jub Jub

Jub Jub

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:05 AM

I somehow doubt anybody still follows this thread, so many years later, but would anybody be interested in a fully revamped Clockwork 2.0?

I've half-considered building one for a long time, but I haven't yet bought GameMaker Studio or any of the extensions, so I only want to actually buy it and start developing if there is significant interest.

Let me know if you guys are interested, and if so, what features and upgrades you'd like to see in Clockwork 2.0.

Thanks

#192 Orbitguy

Orbitguy

UNS Lead Guy

• GMC Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 04:21 AM

That feature where we could just record the top score for each player. :thumbsup:

#193 Loaf

Loaf

Just loafing around

• GMC Member
  • 1567 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

Clockwork was great, I'm sure you'll have no trouble getting users to try it out again.

#194 Orbitguy

Orbitguy

UNS Lead Guy

• GMC Member
  • 348 posts

Posted 14 March 2013 - 04:22 PM

Yeah I still have the code in my game, just commented out for the moment.

#195 A saurus1

A saurus1

GMC Member

• Sandbox Moderators
  • 1609 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:32 PM

The site still appears to be active and accepting highscores, despite Feb. 1st passing.

Also, it seems the most recent version of CW is broken in 8.1 because string_char_at returns nothing when trying to access the string index 0 and your checking for return errors fails. I changed all the indices to 1 and it works now.

This was a great service. Good luck!

#196 MoltenMurw

MoltenMurw

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 42 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

I'm making a smartphone game and I want players to be able to post their highscores onto a global table that will stay.

If that's what this ClockWork is/can do, then I would be very interested.

#197 JRA

JRA

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Both websites still seem to be up and running. I still have gmhighscores.com and clockwork scripts in two of my games.

#198 Sholf

Sholf

GMC Member

• 0 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 09:49 PM

This looks great! Is this compatible with Studio?

#199 Alert Games

Alert Games

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1114 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 19 April 2013 - 03:25 AM

I'm interested if any progress was made concerning studio and/or mobile devices. As some may know, I have been working on a similar system.

#200 HLDK

HLDK

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

When will the site shut down? Will it actually shut down? I am just confused...  :blush:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users