52 replies to this topic

#51 Jobo

Jobo

Second-Scum-Of-The-Earth

• YoYo Games Staff
  • 3000 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:56 PM

I don't want to make top-quality games, I just want to make small silly (yet funny) timespending games that I can play while I'm in the bus, for example.
That doesn't require schooling.

There's a difference on java games and the android games though.. would be much easier to learn plain old java games.
This android stuff is terrible to start at. The documentation doesn't really help me a lot, it's all a bunch of .. not really helpful stuff. That's where I learned how to make the buttons, dropdowns, toasts etc.
But nothing about games.. The closest to a game you get, is a menu.

Oh well. I'd better finish this boring chemistry assignment and then get back to reading about this..

My posts are my own views and opinions... Unless they are yours too, in which case I think you're a very intelligent and handsome individual (I think you are anyway!)

#52 paul23

paul23

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4147 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 04:44 PM

I don't want to make top-quality games, I just want to make small silly (yet funny) timespending games that I can play while I'm in the bus, for example.
That doesn't require schooling.

There's a difference on java games and the android games though.. would be much easier to learn plain old java games.
This android stuff is terrible to start at. The documentation doesn't really help me a lot, it's all a bunch of .. not really helpful stuff. That's where I learned how to make the buttons, dropdowns, toasts etc.
But nothing about games.. The closest to a game you get, is a menu.

Oh well. I'd better finish this boring chemistry assignment and then get back to reading about this..

First learn JAVA, than learn to create games with JAVA.. And only then try to make something for the android..

Even to understand the uttermost basics in more general languages you'll have to spit through at least 1 book..

#53 FredFredrickson

FredFredrickson

Artist

• Global Moderators
  • 9225 posts

Posted 13 December 2010 - 05:15 PM

Hasn't it already been stated that YYG is working on a version of the GM runner, at least, for the Android platform? I doubt you'll see a version of Game Maker (the creative portion) for any specific platform other than Windows or Mac any time soon, but it will at least become an option to publish games for other platforms via YYG at some point.

In the meantime, the Community forum is not a place where we should be posing questions like this anyway. And it certainly isn't a good place to start discussing Android platform development.