I figured I'd start a topic to see what people think with respect to this (and upcoming 3DS titles) and possibly learn a thing or two. I personally am looking forward to pre-ordering this console as soon as the US release date is announced (the Japanese release is 2/26/11). I am looking forward to the stereoscopic imaging along with the augmented reality (AR). Also, I hope Nintendo redeems themselves in their online department with this console, with the introduction of the new and improved tag mode.
As for games, I am looking forward to the new Street Fighter IV, Mario Kart and the remake of Ocarina of Time are a must, and Kid Icarus Uprising and Starfox 64 look quite promising. What games would you like?
Now, some nice images to show you what this thing looks like (note: I do not take credit for these images):
(It is worth noting that only blue and black have been announced as official release colors by Nintendo JP, also, the final version has the joystiq colored gray, not pictured above. Also, the stylus included with the system is a telescoping stylus, hence its absence at the E3 Expo; though the red looks real enticing.)
Below are some of the titles which are planned to make their debut on the new 3DS console. Moreover, Nintendo has announced that they do plan on revamping some N64 titles and releasing them with a 3D effect
Man, this Ocarina of time remake better live up to its name!
Now, some quick games which are planned to make their way onto the console:
- Legend of Zelda : Ocarina of Time (N64 Remake)
- Mario Kart 3DS
- Kid Icarus : Uprising
- Super Street Fighter IV
- StarFox 64
- Animal Crossing
- Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
- Pilotwings Resort
- Nintendogs + Cats
- Ridge Racer
- Metal Gear Solid 3 : Snake Eater
- Kingdom of Hearts
- Many many more titles which I have yet to list.
And now, I'll list some quick facts to fire up some discussion here...
- 3 Cameras (2 outside to take 3D images) and one inside
- Retractable Stylus (hence why they were not present at E3)
- 3D Depth adjusment slider
- SD Card slot
- AR (Augmented Reality)
- 2 Processors
- Some say graphics are on par with 360 graphics
- Virtual Console service announced
- Better tag system
- And, an Ocarina of Time remake
- Generous internal flash memory
- Internet browsing?
- And yes, the new Animal Crossing shows proportional bodies
- 2.4 GHz Wireless
- Nice ample 3.53 inches of 3D effect (top screen)
- Bottom screen is not 3D.
- Revamped Mii system.
- Create Miis from QR codes and from pictures taken via the 3DS
- Supposedly, a pedometer
- Many more I'll eventually list...
Any comments about this new console? I personally think it will spark others, but dislike the glossy finish.
*Some of the information presented above may be inaccurate.*
**Mods / Admins : Feel free to close if this does not comply with the subforum's rules.
***This topic has fallen many days behind now, so don't frame e for outdated info.
Edited by 2DLuis, 16 March 2011 - 06:35 PM.