470 replies to this topic

#421 daman123125

daman123125

AZN Game Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1956 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:17 AM

I heard that nintendo are planning to release aversion of the 3DS without 3D, and I think I also heard that it would have dual sticks.

for me, this is good news, I really dislike 3D, I hope it dies as quick as it got popular.

I'm sure that would just be a rumor or way into the future; Nintendo releasing yet another DS model within a small time frame would be a nightmare. Being Nintendo, I don't think they will take away gimmicks to add more hardware, so not too sure how valid that statement is.
I only ever got the DSL because it's region-free(Japanese games are amazing) and better 15-19 hour battery life on lowest brightness. Though DSi and 3DS have better specs, I've never had lag problems while playing games, plus I think web browsing, cameras, and the like are more suited for smartphones.

Edited by daman123125, 15 September 2011 - 03:03 AM.

#422 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7525 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 13 September 2011 - 05:38 AM

Duh, of course. The 3DS needs to be a smart-phone, clearly. It also needs three cameras, two for each screen and one in the back. Yes.

#423 Dark Matter

Dark Matter

RPG Expert

• GMC Member
  • 3196 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 03:24 PM

It also needs three cameras, two for each screen and one in the back. Yes.

It does have three cameras...

#424 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2430 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 13 September 2011 - 06:31 PM

You know that right circle pad? I see no reason why anyone would buy it unless it expanded the battery life for the 3DS by at least 5 hours.

If that's not the case, it would only make the battery life even less than it already stands.

#425 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7525 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 11:13 PM

It also needs three cameras, two for each screen and one in the back. Yes.

It does have three cameras...

But on the wrong sides.

#426 IQbrew

IQbrew

Pro-Grammar

• Banned Users
  • 2607 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

English-patched Japanese games are amazing

Funny, I didn't know you could "Patch" games you bought.
Maybe you'd like to "Fix" what you just said before your post gets deleted.

#427 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7525 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 04:08 AM

You're joking, right?

#428 IQbrew

IQbrew

Pro-Grammar

• Banned Users
  • 2607 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 05:40 AM

You're joking, right?

You do realize we're talking about NDS games, right? :rolleyes:

#429 daman123125

daman123125

AZN Game Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1956 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 03:13 AM

You know that right circle pad? I see no reason why anyone would buy it unless it expanded the battery life for the 3DS by at least 5 hours.

If that's not the case, it would only make the battery life even less than it already stands.

Agreed, the 3DS battery life isn't enough for me, plus having that second circle pad would just make it harder to fit into a pocket.

#430 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2525 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:05 PM

Agreed, the 3DS battery life isn't enough for me, plus having that second circle pad would just make it harder to fit into a pocket.

Today, Sony revealed that the PS Vita will offer between three to five hours of game play. Sony noted that this does not include network play. This is the battery life with screen brightness at the default setting, no Bluetooth, and using headphones.

Via: http://kotaku.com/58...-up-to-the-3dss

I do agree the circle pad is atrocious, but many developers have been flaunted an unexpected zeal towards the outlandish accessory.

#431 daman123125

daman123125

AZN Game Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1956 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:42 AM

I was sorely disappointed at the 3-5-hour battery life for Vita... but it is still good for what outstanding hardware it has I guess.

I'm also not so sure if many 3DS buyers(especially the casuals) will even catch on with this accessory if developers do decide to make games based on it.

Not many people buying accessory = developers of accessory-based games lose money = ??? = no profit :/

Something seems wrong here.

#432 NinjaCatStudios

NinjaCatStudios

GMC Member

• 520 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 11:12 AM

Apparantly there's a Monster Hunter game coming for 3DS.

When will capcom get their crap fixed and release one for PC :3 .

#433 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2430 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:44 PM

I wonder, why is it, that Nintendo will always let you know when they are making a game of one of there classic franchises way earlier than you need to know?

Edited by Saijee, 25 September 2011 - 08:52 PM.

#434 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 20953 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:46 PM

Topic tidied due to infection of stupidity... to prevent further outbreaks please don't discuss things that are against the rules. Posted Image

#435 daman123125

daman123125

AZN Game Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 1956 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

I think Nintendo should stop releasing add-on hardware and implement it into the hardware in the first place or leave it as it is... like what happened with the Wii remote adding Wii MotionPlus.

I wonder, why is it, that Nintendo will always let you know when they are making a game of one of there classic franchises way earlier than you need to know?

To build up hype, which is what many companies like to do(SE won't be releasing Versus XIII anytime soon).
If they just let you know close to the release date, there wouldn't be as much time to let people know about it, thus getting less initial sales on the release date.

Edited by daman123125, 25 September 2011 - 08:57 PM.

#436 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2430 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 11:22 PM

I think Nintendo should stop releasing add-on hardware and implement it into the hardware in the first place or leave it as it is... like what happened with the Wii remote adding Wii MotionPlus.

To build up hype, which is what many companies like to do(SE won't be releasing Versus XIII anytime soon).
If they just let you know close to the release date, there wouldn't be as much time to let people know about it, thus getting less initial sales on the release date.

I can understand building up hype, but I've had way to many experiences with Nintendo games launching trailers so long before the game is released that the hype gets dry and I end up finding myself ask the same question above, why so early?

I mean they show me a trailer that looks great and I'm like: YES A NEW *insert franchise name here* game!

A year passes and I'm like: "Hm, I guess it's still in the works..."

Six months pass and I'm like: "I've lost interest, all hype is gone."

The game finally comes out, I buy it anyway, and enjoy it just as much as I would have liked it if it was released earlier, but I cannot disregard the fact that between the time the first trailer came out, and the game was actually released, all the hype that they stacked at the start died. Now I'm not saying they should spill the beans close to the release date, because I'm aware it needs time to for the word to spread, but I'd say 7 months would be my peak for being able to keep hype for a game from it's trailer.

#437 ChickenViking

ChickenViking

GMC Member

• 368 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:54 PM

Apparantly there's a Monster Hunter game coming for 3DS.

When will capcom get their crap fixed and release one for PC :3 .

Actually both Monster Hunter Tri 3D and Monster Hunter 4 is coming to 3DS. MHTri is a remake or port of the Wii-version, but MH4 is a brand new game and (as far as I know) exclusive to 3DS. ;)

Anyway, I love my 3DS and already have far too many games on it. Many of them are to the DS, though. Including Okamiden, which I expect in the mail any day now. Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7 and another one I don't even remember is coming right up, and we'll be getting a new Resident Evil and Kid Icarus early next year jsut to name a few. It's good to be a 3DSer. :P

#438 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2525 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Don't all video game producers 'hint' at upcoming additions to franchises?

#439 Indecom4000

Indecom4000

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1521 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:35 PM

As far as ign has stated, the 3d is here to stay, the 3ds lite model will keep the 3d effect, as per marketting history and what gamers want, sure you dont like the 3d, enough people do like it to keep it there, you can just switch it off if you dont like. After the announcement of the slide pad expansion, which YES will increase battery life according to what i've read, you can bet your ass that the next model of ds will feature that second circle pad built in. Now for things i'd like to see, maybe a stronger gpu, comperable to the vita, maybe a higher resolution, though i dont care too greatly about that one unless they also increase the screen size, which would be pretty nice. I've got a 3ds and so far i have to say i'm pleased with it, it aces above my psp in terms of graphics capabilities and gameplay, now if they increased the multimedia functionality, aka play mp3s while in sleep mode, i'd be a very happy person. Though i'm eagerly awaiting what the future for the device brings because it is a very cool bit of kit.

#440 vivianny

vivianny

GMC Member

• 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 02:58 AM

I prefer the free games, I like playing browser games and online games.

Edited by vivianny, 24 December 2011 - 01:39 PM.

#441 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2525 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 05:15 PM

I prefer the free games

Whilst free games are good, they are usually not good (with the exception of the mounds of goodies Nintendo has been giving us lately).

#442 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2430 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 07:53 PM

I prefer the free games

Whilst free games are good, they are usually not good (with the exception of the mounds of goodies Nintendo has been giving us lately).

What goodies?

#443 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2525 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:07 AM

The 20 free games for ambassadors + 4 Swords + Excite Bike.

#444 The_Puzzle

The_Puzzle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 80 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:09 PM

The 20 free games for ambassadors

Yeah, that's cool for the ambassadors, but not for non-ambassadors. I just hope this program they're doing hints at GBA games for 3DS VC, that would be real nice.

#445 Saijee

Saijee

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 2430 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:29 PM

I just hope Mario Kart Super Circuit vs player still works.

#446 The_Puzzle

The_Puzzle

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 80 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 04 October 2011 - 04:48 AM

Yeah, that would be nice

#447 Rexhunter99

Rexhunter99

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:55 AM

Yeah, that's cool for the ambassadors, but not for non-ambassadors. I just hope this program they're doing hints at GBA games for 3DS VC, that would be real nice.

Mind you, us ambassadors are dedicated loyalists who have paid anywhere up to 100 dollars more than the other customers have. (I brought the 3DS upon release week for 349 AUD, which was 100 AUD more expensive than the price dropped 3DS)

What Nintendo need to do is reward customers who stick with them, I've played a Nintendo since I could tie my shoe-laces (at six) I should get some kind of benefit (not saying that there's a way to prove it and it should happen, it would be nice though.)

#448 IQbrew

IQbrew

Pro-Grammar

• Banned Users
  • 2607 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 12:21 PM

Mind you, us ambassadors are dedicated loyalists who have paid anywhere up to 100 dollars more than the other customers have. (I brought the 3DS upon release week for 349 AUD, which was 100 AUD more expensive than the price dropped 3DS)

What Nintendo need to do is reward customers who stick with them, I've played a Nintendo since I could tie my shoe-laces (at six) I should get some kind of benefit (not saying that there's a way to prove it and it should happen, it would be nice though.)

There are obvious benefits. For one, you get to participate in fanboy wars and pay too much for stuff.

#449 Charmeleon

Charmeleon

GMC Member

• GMC:Member
  • 84 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:08 PM

*Steps into thread*

*Sees someone comparing 3DS graphics (a handheld) to Xbox 360 graphics (a console)*

*Leaves thread*

#450 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7525 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 12:35 PM

Console graphics aren't exactly up to date, and the 3DS is a newer system, but, who was comparing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users