I'm sure most of us have gotten used to the new forum theme by now, but I still have a few suggestions:
1. Finish the theme. There are still many things which have been left unedited from the normal IPB theme, such as the "Post New Top" button for example. Those need to be converted to the new style.
2. A more smooth look for Internet Explorer users. I dont know if its just the browser or not, but if you view the site in IE and then Fire Fox, you'll notice the difference. I've taken some screenshots to show you what I mean: GMC Viewed In Fire Fox 3.0.19 | GMC Viewed In IE8
3. A bit less green. I know, I know, its YoYo's official color, but I'm sure all of you have heard the phrase 'to much of a good thing'. It would be nice if they would remove some of the green. i.e. on the Board Index, the backgrounds behind the forum names are varying shades of green, as is 80% of the page. They should include a bit more gray or some other color.
4. This kind of ties in with #3, but I highly suggest more contrast. Especially on the board index. The forum names are green. This blends in heavily with the rest of the page. They need more contrast here.
5. Just a minor thing, but if you look on the IE8 screenshot I posted above, you can see the header background starts repeating. Again, just a minor thing, but it would make it look alot more proffesional.
6. Another minor thing. We dont really need the YoYo Watermark behind the normal YYG logo. Its hardly noticeable, but I find it to be annoying.
7. The topic and forum icons are horrible. Something like the old ones would be better, in my opinion(Though instead of suit cases/brief cases they look like pieces of text or something).
I have alot of suggestions for the forum in general. These are mainly new features/improvements. Many will require some effort on the admins', such as creating "Forum Plugins"(Or whatever)and other things, but a few of them would be worth it. Also, the "plugins" shouldnt be to hard to develop, many GMC users have already created them, they are just un-official.
1. What the hell is up with the color coding? Is that HTML or something? They should change this to Game Makers color coding, so its less confusing. Also, a little bonus: Have an option in your profile to choose GM7 color coding and GM8 color coding. That way, everyones happy.
2. A "Game Maker Version" thing in your profile. This is a minor, but cool thing.
3. Minor thing, again. Remove the "** Approved For GM4Mac Beta **" message on the GM Mac board section.
4. Cage Match. Something thats been bugging me for a while. I have a few suggestions to bring this back:
4.1. Create some kind of plugin that will display this weeks cage match competitors on the Board Index. This would include a link to the Cage Match topic. This could be as simple as a collapsable 'box' along the side like the "Recently Added Topics" and "Watched Content" box's.
4.2. Make it its own forum. Its hard to find when its hidden at the bottom of the Creations forum.
I hope these ideas have been helpfull. Please feel free to provide critism, but dont flame. Thanks,
Edited by commander of games, 04 October 2010 - 09:25 PM.