• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Tymon

Tymon

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 15 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:27 AM

Disappointed by capabilities of WebCam DLL I created my own library.

What it can do?
- support up to 16 webcams ( need testing, I have only one cam, sooo... you know, test it if you can )
- save frame to BMP file
- get pixel color from frame ( for example, you can use it for motion detection )

What it can't do?
- dunno, maybe I could add some functionality if you want, requests are well welcomed - it's still fresh project so we can extend it

Documentation
Currently there is no documentation available, but there are comments in each script describing arguments and return value. Also simple examples are included in each zip file.

Download
- :GM8: Game Maker 8
- :GM7: Game Maker 7
- :GM6: Game Maker 6

#2 Sindarin

Sindarin

Indie Game Developer

• 1644 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 25 September 2010 - 03:36 PM

It wouldn't work with my laptop camera, however it did work with my Logitech one. It would always return 1 as number of connected cameras, but as I said the first was onboard and didn't work.
The capture speed was actually nice.

Also everytime I connected and disconnected cameras I would get this dialog to select a video device,
Posted Image
Could this be done a little more transparent? (no dialog)

As an additional functionality, I'd like to be able to resize and show/hide the camera display area on the fly.

Edited by Sindarin, 25 September 2010 - 03:37 PM.

GM 8.1 / GM:HTML5 User

#3 Tymon

Tymon

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 01:51 PM

It would always return 1 as number of connected cameras, but as I said the first was onboard and didn't work.

It returns number of drivers installed on system, not cameras connected to PC.

Also everytime I connected and disconnected cameras I would get this dialog to select a video device,
Could this be done a little more transparent? (no dialog)

Huh, probably I'll need to install... Vista as I see? To check this.

As an additional functionality, I'd like to be able to resize and show/hide the camera display area on the fly.

Ok. ;)

#4 cooldudetb

cooldudetb

GMC Member

• 190 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 04:53 PM

I too am getting the "select a video device" dialogue, running Windows 7. Other than that, this is a great dll!

#5 iceshield

iceshield

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 01 October 2010 - 05:07 PM

This is a nice dll, but I have some questions....
1.It is possible to draw lines , rectangles and other shapes over the webcam image?
2.What >> and $ff does?

Edit: I find an annoying think , the game room fps now is equal to camera fps. Any way of making room fps separate from camera fps? Because camera usually have only 15 max fps (and i got around 8 fps from my camera and I don't know why ) so this is terrible. I want to make a motion capture thing and when i'm getting what point i want and update position of object according to that point is very desinc & slow :|

Edited by iceshield, 02 October 2010 - 07:24 AM.

If you put comments in your code to understand it ... then you awful at writing code.

#6 Whiterock

Whiterock

GMC Member

• 5 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:58 PM

It doesn't work for me:
1)The dialog appeares, i press okay and then there is nothing to see
2)windows 7 and the camera is intern the laptop

Have i made something wrong?