File Size Issues?
Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:13 AM
Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:22 AM
- Big Sprites
- Big Backgrounds
- Sprites with a large amount of frames
- Too many objects
- Not using tiles
- Running lots of collision events
- Particles not being destroyed
- Room size too large
- Not deactivating instances
- Large Sound files (especially .wav's)
- Get rid of big sprites/background (duh)
- Deactivate instances outside the view
- Use tiles for blocks and only cover parts that the player will actually go
- Use smaller room sizes (or deactivate outside the view)
- Make sure you destroy particle systems (same goes for surfaces)
- Get rid of your large sound files and use a smaller file size (like .midi or .mp3)
Hope this helps.
edit: woops got .wav's and .mp3's mixed up
Edited by Canite, 16 September 2010 - 04:55 AM.
Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:34 AM
Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:36 AM
One of the mistakes beginners make, is to use .wav's for music. Do not, without thinking carefully, use .wav's for music[for sound effects it's o.k.]... long songs can make for a massive file. .mp3's are o.k, .midi's are pretty teeny. Both of them better options.
Posted 16 September 2010 - 04:46 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users