ANNO1777 - cool economy based browser game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dark11

dark11

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:45 PM

"Anno1777 is the first online browser game where you can exchange virtual currency into real money. With a very developed economy anno1777 offers you the chance to become a great politcian , or a military lider , own dozens of companies that can make you rich , varying from restaurants , clothes factories, banks , lotteries ,wine companies , housing company and many more to choose from. Ever wanted the chance to own a newspaper , if you have a message to send to the community you can now do it without restrictions or limitations , Freedom of speech rullzz here. The game is free to play , there's no monthly fee or anything like that.... Sign up's are made only by invitations ."

Well that's the game description , the economy is fully integrated only in a few countries so far but for the next several weeks it wil be integrated for UK also , if you have any questions about the game you can post here and ill try my best to answer them, i've been playing for a few months and i know a lot of stuff that can help you at the begining if you choose to play this game. I do recommand that you read the extensive tutorials first , you can also message me in game if you have any questions.

ANNO1777 HOMEPAGE

#2 houshalter

houshalter

GMC Member

• 306 posts

Posted 08 September 2010 - 09:54 PM

Anno1777 is the first online browser game where you can exchange virtual currency into real money.

Thats an interesting idea actually. I don't like games where people can buy their way into winning, but when theres an actual free market economy working, it could take away the balancing issues, and it's a great way for the creators to make money. It also makes me think of an interesting way to advertise (not that their actually doing this, I know tribal wars and a few other games tried something like it), give players ingame money for getting new members (and ideally based on how much those players spend.) Some games try this, but when it's real money and the game is economy based, I can see it actually working well. Just an idea though, not saying they actually do this.

Although I worry that people might see this and get demoralized about it, pay-your-way-to-victory games don't have a good reputation, even if this breaks from that.

I haven't actually tried it yet though, I'm just speculating about what you wrote.

Edited by houshalter, 08 September 2010 - 09:59 PM.

#3 dark11

dark11

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:04 PM

Anno1777 is the first online browser game where you can exchange virtual currency into real money.

Thats an interesting idea actually. I don't like games where people can buy their way into winning, but when theres an actual free market economy working, it could take away the balancing issues, and it's a great way for the creators to make money. It also makes me think of an interesting way to advertise (not that their actually doing this, I know tribal wars and a few other games tried something like it), give players ingame money for getting new members (and ideally based on how much those players spend.) Some games try this, but when it's real money and the game is economy based, I can see it actually working well. Just an idea though, not saying they actually do this.

Although I worry that people might see this and get demoralized about it, pay-your-way-to-victory games don't have a good reputation, even if this breaks from that.

I haven't actually tried it yet though, I'm just speculating about what you wrote.

Well i've been playing the game for 3 months and money aside i really had fun, there's so many areas where you can make money , of course you'll actually need to invest some...for example if you want to play around on the financial market , buying and selling euros or local currency you will need some money in the wallet to do that , there are also dozens of companies that can be opened starting from banks, newspapers, weapon factories, wood,paper...and the list goes on, so far signup is only available in USA , England , hungary, romania, moldavia ,canada and australia , each country with own local currency so lots of markets to play around.....not to mention the private islands , game offers you the possibility to create youre own private territory, advantages compared to normal countries are : you make the goverment , you elect the president of the teritory, the buget it's all yours to do whatever you want with it ( there are taxes that citizens of each area pay when they win money from selling stuff on the market or from bonuses wich are awarded form the buget for attacks .....and many many other stuff...if you'd like more details on a specific area post here or message me in game if you find it a little confusing , i can help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users