So first what do you got? For example you have that skirmish mode. Okay so we take this skirmish mode and create scenarios. Some situation that you must command your forces to victory in. It could be much more interesting than plain old skirmish.
I haven't played battleships forever but what is similar about the two games?
But wouldnt creating scenarios be kind of like playing missions ? I will try to see if i can't put some objectives though.
What is similar between Battleships Forever and Final Core :
- Ships shooting at each other.
- Parts of ships can be destroyed.
- The main menu glowing buttons and ship fighting each other in the main menu.( Although i had that idea first XD, theres a very old game i created with that concept ^^.)
- The initial color scheme : green-red . (But can that even count, i mean , how many games have that color scheme ? Anyways, you can change it, so whatever.)
What is different between Battleship Forever and Final Core :
- FC is an RTS, BSF is an RTT.
- FC has buildings you can create.
- FC has multiple ressource management, BSF has none.
- Ship building is a core part of FC, ships in BSF are prebuilt.
- FC is more comprehensible then BSF. ( Come on, who knows what weapons do in BSF ?)
- FC is optimized, BSF isn't .(You can lag in BSF in the intro screen, or with only 4 ships, with all settings at minimum. You can't lag in FC with 40 on 40 battles with normal settings.)
- FC has a much greater variety of parts, and you can upgrade them.
- FC has achievements and many Boss missions (Kind of like the huge enemy base mode in BSF, but with 13 others too.).
- BSF has awesome graphics whereas FC has low-medium graphics.
- BSF have 2 exclusif modes that aren't in FC (Survive for as long as possible // Harass a trade line).
- BSF also have parts that do nothing but build the ship, making them look much better then ships in FC. BSF has a huge amount of these parts, allowing you to build awesome ships.
- The setting is different (FC : Virtual world / BSF : Space )
I'm probably biased, or missed some things, so please point out what is wrong with my list.
Edited by tabc3dd, 16 October 2010 - 11:48 AM.