Posted 01 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Category: Platform, Adventure
File Size: 7.9 Mb
GM Version: Gm8 Pro
Screen Resolution: 480 x 272
Changes Screen Resolution: No

Yoyogames Page

Posted Image

Made for Competition06 in 8 days and finished an hour before deadline. Yeah I procrastinated. So what.

YoYo is the story of a boy who finds a strange animal who needs your help. You must work together to survive and progress.

Edited by guitarman4545, 01 September 2010 - 07:40 PM.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

Dude, awesome game. I'm too busy to comment too much on it.
I just really loved the style of the graphics, the gameplay was good too, but the character switching was a little tricky.
I'm thinking that this will place in the comp.

8 DAYS??? You have the speed of a jaguar.
... haven't beat it yet, but it's still awesome.

-orange08

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#3 FmMan3

FmMan3

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 189 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:19 PM

Having only gone through up to the cannons so far, I have to say that this game is very nice. I'm in love with the art style that you have going. My only problem with it is the large abundance of apples which does make the game a little too easy. Although, like I said, I've not played it a whole lot yet. I love this so far :)
Signatures are nothing but a fad.

#4 guitarman4545

guitarman4545

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:53 AM

Thanks for playing! Yeah, I seem to have trouble finding the right balance in difficulty for my games, always end up being too easy or too hard. But, I figured making the player backtrack alot to get more apples might get stupid and annoying, so I put alot in, especially in world 1 if thats what your talking about (cannons are the end of world 1)

Also, note to others, dont ever try to complete a game in 8 days for a competition. I spent every free minute on this, and if it wasn't for my girlfriend who made the music, I wouldn't of finished in time. Im so sick of game maker now :P time for a break.

Edited by guitarman4545, 02 September 2010 - 05:56 AM.

#5 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2272 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 02 September 2010 - 03:29 PM

I beat the game!!!
The ending was awesome!
Although the the throwing of the apples to the animals mother could have been done better. I was left behind the truck and the apples looked wierd, like they were floating towards the truck and they wouldn't fall.

I just think it could have had a better title, because the game really isn't about the yoyo.
I definitely want this game to place! It's the best one I have played so far!

-orange08

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#6 guitarman4545

guitarman4545

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 539 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 08:42 PM

Thanks and good job! Yeah, the chase at the end was the last thing I did, I had to have some sort of climax. That was just the first thing I thought of and went with it. And I couldnt really think of another title, I know its not too creative :P Like Ive said, 8 days is not enough time lol.

#7 Bill23

Bill23

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 460 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 04:39 PM

I played until the room with the vine moving in and out of the ground, and the logs floating in the river. I wish I could play farther, but unfortunately, I got hit by the spike as it was coming up, and knocked back. When I was revived by the hairy thing, I was stuck in the ground! I tried reloading the game, but I was still stuck in the ground at that point. :(
I liked the part I played a lot though, and I would never guess it was made in 8 days. The graphics have a very appealing look to them, and fit together well. The only sight issue I had with them was in the jungle- the vines that can hurt you look to similar to the ones in the background. The game play is also very good; the variations in what the fruit did made it stay interesting. I wish that some areas had allowed you to access two or more of the abilities at once though, as that could have led to some interesting puzzle solving.
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

#8 guitarman4545

guitarman4545

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 09:31 PM

I played until the room with the vine moving in and out of the ground, and the logs floating in the river. I wish I could play farther, but unfortunately, I got hit by the spike as it was coming up, and knocked back. When I was revived by the hairy thing, I was stuck in the ground! I tried reloading the game, but I was still stuck in the ground at that point.

It seems like more than a couple of people ran into this bug, its fixed now but I cant update until after the competition. Sorry :(