• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:22 AM

Posted Image

Awhile back I posted announcing the fact that I was working on an editor written in C#, well now I'm back with a lot of progress on said Editor.

This will of course be free of charge, but I would greatly appreciate a small donation (when I get my PayPal account setup for that) so that I can continue developing this bad boy.

Anyway onto the good stuff

Posted Image

It supports editing multiple files at once (Using a primitive list box, but hey it works!), as well as "Protected" libraries, as it's pretty much ID agnostic, it simply disregards them (I will change this at Mark's or Administrations request), currently the code editor is in the works but it's almost done.

And don't fear I am using .NET 2.0 for compatibility reasons.

Expect a fully operational app in a few days.

EDIT:
As you can also see, the program already looks very familiar, that is because I wanted to keep the familiarity of the current utility, and Add onto it, so essentially it's LibraryMaker with some added bling.

--DOWNLOAD--
Beta0.03

Posted Image

Edited by antidote, 31 August 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#2 RamboFox

RamboFox

Tainted Fortune

• 992 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:40 AM

Very nice! I suggest that you keep it ID-agnostic in such a way that you may save editable library projects, and then when you want to release the lib, you may compile it as the "official version", hence, locking out other people who might want to steal your lib.
Oh, and make it so that you can only load editable/un-official libs.

Then both the moderators and the users shall be happy. :)

#3 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 06:49 AM

While I understand where you're coming from I simply don't see the point. Seriously, people who are so protective over the source of their libs simply shouldn't release them, that's MY honest opinion. Think of it this way: X person releases Y library, and X person does want Z person to edit them, so they modify one simple integer in their library, and SUDDENLY the source of Y library is perfectly safe. This logic is the bane of the existence of this community and really needs to stop. There is ABSOLUTELY no protection on these libraries WHAT so ever, so supporting such a pointless protection is, well, pointless.

So in conclusion, UNLESS someone from higher up says otherwise I'm not going to support any kind of protection.

EDIT:
To further prove my point here is a pic from a random lib I downloaded:
Posted Image

as you can see, anybody with notepad can steal your source, so Adding protection isn't even going to slow them down one single bit.

If RabbidMickeyMouse wishes for me to remove this image, he simply needs to PM me and i'll remove it.

Edited by antidote, 28 August 2010 - 07:32 AM.

#4 TheMagicNumber

TheMagicNumber

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 5247 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 28 August 2010 - 02:36 PM

Is the only difference the allowing of editing "official" libraries?

#5 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 03:32 PM

No, there are quite a few differences, you'll just have to wait and see. ;D

#6 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:37 PM

Despite the fact that's far from ready, I've decided to release an EARLY beta, and I do mean early.

Currently it can't save files (for good reason) but it can load anything.
It's file manager is currently getting an overhaul and many aspects need to be finished before it's ready for an official beta release.
However I'm releasing this because I wanted to show you I'm serious about this and actually have some proof to backup what I'm saying.

Post ANY crash reports here with a detailed explanation of what you did to get such an error.

Beta

#7 MasterMind007

MasterMind007

MasterMind Prod.

• GMC Member
  • 543 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

It has a LOT of unhandled exceptions. Whenever I click on a lib or an action in that lib I get one.

#8 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

hmmm, interesting. It doesn't do that with my local copy. I'll see what's up in a bit.

EDIT:
I can't seem to get my program to give any kind of unhandled exception, can you please tell me EXACTLY what you were doing when you received these exceptions? And a pic would be nice. Right now I'm working on an exception Dialog, so that any unhandled exceptions get sent there.

Edited by antidote, 29 August 2010 - 10:47 PM.

#9 RTII

RTII

RT

• 402 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:50 AM

Looks very nice, when it is done I will use it instead of the default LIB editor.

#10 MasterMind007

MasterMind007

MasterMind Prod.

• GMC Member
  • 543 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 09:05 AM

Allright, when I load a lib, then click on one of its actions, I get an unhandled exception Out Of Memory. Then, when I load another lib, it loads that lib, and says that there already is one with that name (there isn't). Then, when I click on that newly loaded lib, it gets me an unhandled exception (can't remember which one). After that, if I click on either a lib, or an action, it gets me the same unhandled exception (the one I can't remember). That is it.

P.S. Did you make that in C++?

#11 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 04:28 PM

no it's written in C#. My current iteration of this software doesn't display this behavior I will download the one I uploaded earlier and see whats up.

EDIT:
Yeah I see what you're saying now, and it's already been fixed. The problem was, I wasn't clearing the list after each file selection. Entirely my fault. I will release the next beta in a few days after it's in a compilable state (I'm adding a lot of features at the moment) and HOPEFULLY this problem is completely solved.

EDIT2:
The Exception box is finished (Based on Paint.NET 4.0's)

Dialog
0.o i can't use PNG's on the forum after having used it before?

And Beta 0.03 will be released later this evening hopefully, if I can get syntax highlighting fully enabled that is ;D

EDIT3:
Since I have no skills in making logos, I need someone to make one.

Only Two requirements:
1. Do NOT include YoYo Games in any way (for legal purposes)
2. Must be between the sizes of 16x16, 24x24, 48x48, and 128x128 a version which is 256x256 would also be nice however it's not necessary.

Edit4:
Added the download for Beta0.03 to the first post.
Now remember it's VERY early, so post any bug reports here with the stack trace (or a picture) here.

Also, I know that not all of the actions information is being displayed. I don't know why but I'm looking for the cause.

Edited by antidote, 31 August 2010 - 03:45 AM.

#12 miner1666

miner1666

GMC Member

• 108 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

i found some errors when i tried to open some actions containing something different than a function or a code, but it's an awesome program :)

#13 MasterMind007

MasterMind007

MasterMind Prod.

• GMC Member
  • 543 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:25 PM

This is a great program. Congratz.

#14 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:29 PM

I need details before I can fix these issues, please start posting stack traces or images of the errors along with the EXACT steps you took to get such an error.

A great way to get you're issues noticed is to go to http://librarybuilder.googlecode.com and post your issues in the issue section. I'm on there constantly.

Also, Don't try to compile the source, I purposely leave out important pieces. The only buildable version is on my machine until it's a bit more stable.

Edited by antidote, 31 August 2010 - 08:38 PM.

#15 goldnoah

goldnoah

GMC Member

• 39 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 03:45 PM

And why would we use this above the other lib builder?

#16 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 09 September 2010 - 08:21 PM

And why would we use this above the other lib builder?

For several reasons:
1) A better interface will be created once I've got everything set.
2) Syntax Highlighting
3) Support

etc.

#17 SI II man

SI II man

GMC Member

• 83 posts

Posted 15 December 2010 - 09:00 PM

hey
I'm running a 64bit machine, and having serious issues with the beta, namely unexpected errors when exiting the code editor, and saving files.
I know programming is like banning your head against a wall sometimes, but a 64 bit version would be appreciated.

Thanks

#18 Fat Kid In Your Fridge

Fat Kid In Your Fridge

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 23 February 2011 - 04:35 PM

I can't use this! If I try to open it, it says: 'Program crashed for unknow reasons.' I hope that's fixed when you finish the program!

#19 Gamer3D

Gamer3D

Human* me = this;

• GMC Member
  • 1819 posts

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:35 PM

I'm running a 64bit machine, and having serious issues with the beta, namely unexpected errors when exiting the code editor, and saving files.
I know programming is like banning your head against a wall sometimes, but a 64 bit version would be appreciated.

Purely out of curiosity, how would this help you? The advantages I see are: Longer pointers (but 4 Gb of addressable memory is more than enough for GM projects) Longer integers (But in a project like this, you do not need to opperate on integers like 1000000000000) and guaranteed presence of SSE2 (This is a one-time tool. It doesn't optimize code - could be a fun project for you once you kill the bugs. It doesn't need to use the speed boost from SSE)

And, personally, programming is only like banging your head against a wall when errors occur (especially if a big but non-fatal error is caused by 1 wrong letter).

#20 antidote

antidote

GMC Member

• 117 posts

Posted 07 March 2011 - 12:46 AM

Purely out of curiosity, how would this help you? The advantages I see are: Longer pointers (but 4 Gb of addressable memory is more than enough for GM projects) Longer integers (But in a project like this, you do not need to opperate on integers like 1000000000000) and guaranteed presence of SSE2 (This is a one-time tool. It doesn't optimize code - could be a fun project for you once you kill the bugs. It doesn't need to use the speed boost from SSE)

And, personally, programming is only like banging your head against a wall when errors occur (especially if a big but non-fatal error is caused by 1 wrong letter).

1) I've abandoned this due to an apparent lack of interest for a better project. If you really want it you can you can wait for the new project to be publicized ;D.
2) It was developed on a 64bit computer using 7 Ultimate x64 there is no bit specific version.
3) I don't care.

EDIT:
Here is what I'm doing:
I'm writing a cross platform IDE supporting ALL major gamemaker formats (gex, ged, dat, gmk, gm6, gmd, lib) using Mono and GTK Sharp

Edited by antidote, 07 March 2011 - 12:51 AM.

#21 Primoz128

Primoz128

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 308 posts

Posted 09 August 2011 - 01:52 AM

Posted Image

Awhile back I posted announcing the fact that I was working on an editor written in C#, well now I'm back with a lot of progress on said Editor.

This will of course be free of charge, but I would greatly appreciate a small donation (when I get my PayPal account setup for that) so that I can continue developing this bad boy.

Anyway onto the good stuff

Posted Image

It supports editing multiple files at once (Using a primitive list box, but hey it works!), as well as "Protected" libraries, as it's pretty much ID agnostic, it simply disregards them (I will change this at Mark's or Administrations request), currently the code editor is in the works but it's almost done.

And don't fear I am using .NET 2.0 for compatibility reasons.

Expect a fully operational app in a few days.

EDIT:
As you can also see, the program already looks very familiar, that is because I wanted to keep the familiarity of the current utility, and Add onto it, so essentially it's LibraryMaker with some added bling.

--DOWNLOAD--
Beta0.03

Posted Image

This is 95% exactly the same as Mark's library maker...

#22 PsxGamerPro1

PsxGamerPro1

GMC Member

• 1 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:46 PM

When I go to edit the "official" libraries it says.
"Out of memory."

I am using Windows Vista.

I have a slow Windows XP SP3 Home Edition that has .net framework is 4.

Is it because of the .net framework version?

Edited by PsxGamerPro1, 26 October 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#23 slojanko

slojanko

HARD GAMER

• GMC Member
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:00 AM

Isnt stealing the source from a file that was given in exe illegal?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users