• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#51 ramses12

ramses12

• GMC Member
  • 5769 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 21 September 2012 - 11:41 AM

>> Well my solution is better, but it's a bit unstable. If you wait too long before you hit "run" it will qollapse xD
As far as I know,you can't run the simulation while the parts are moving. Posted Image

>> Nah, it is 2 parts. You are doing it wrong q:
>> Very very wrong :)
My initial plan to approach this was detouring the ball to left, so that it falls on the bottom platform. But as I needed 1 part to bring it back on the road, and the big block + one of the triangles to derail it, crossing the final gap is still not doable with just 1 part and 2 items. Am I still doing it wrong?

What's your score for others?

#52 Qon

Qon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 85 posts

Posted 25 September 2012 - 10:54 PM

As far as I know,you can't run the simulation while the parts are moving. Posted Image

That is as far as you know. You need to know further :) It doesn't matter if it moves, as long as it moves slow enough xD.

My initial plan to approach this was detouring the ball to left, so that it falls on the bottom platform. But as I needed 1 part to bring it back on the road, and the big block + one of the triangles to derail it, crossing the final gap is still not doable with just 1 part and 2 items. Am I still doing it wrong?

It is possible to do it like that. My all my qomplex solutions depend on the Qonstruction being unstable (inqlusive) or balanced pixel perfect to eliminate the need of parts. Why use 2 beams when you can have one that moves from location 0 to location 1?
1 beam to get it back on the low platform, 1 to let it qross the gap. Use free wood blocks wisely.

>>What's your score for others?
I've basically mentioned all the qomplex solutions I think? The rest are of qourse just the bare minimum (mostly) but since I thought it was obvious I have the perfect score for those also I didn't mention them.
All solutions in order. 10 on each row.
6 5 4 4 11 1 2 1 1 1
4 1 3 2 2 3 2 3 1 0
1 6 1 2 2 5 1 4 2 8

>>>> 5 part Very long bridge
>>I lack the amount of long parts to do this one. Used 8 little ones. But I guess it's not that hard.
You'll see when I get the video up if it's that simple ;) Though it's not as "impossible" as some others.
And if your solutions were as good as my solutions you wouldn't have any shortage of beams xD

I want more levels!
please? The Machine 2 is demanded by your fans, Maarten!

#53 ramses12

ramses12

• GMC Member
  • 5769 posts

Posted 26 September 2012 - 07:43 AM

>> Why use 2 beams when you can have one that moves from location 0 to location 1?
I know, that's the only thing I tried. It's just so hard :P * I'll keep trying *

6 5 4 4 11 1 2 1 1 1
4 1 3 2 2 3 2 3 1 0
1 6 1 2 2 5 1 4 2 8

Yeah, pretty much the same here, except for 7 (yet), 15 (I probably have to get a beam to swing the proper way and carry the ball to the target) and most of the hard levels.
Not sure how you did maze in 4, but probably in another way than I did (still 4). Did you get the ball to the Γ platform with 2?
[Edit] Marked in red the ones at which you're ahead of me.

>> And if your solutions were as good as my solutions you wouldn't have any shortage of beams xD
I did some of the red levels with an exaggerated amount of beams... in the easy levels I only used 3 longest ones. I guess I'll try redesigning the long and very long bridges with fewer parts (at the first time of building them, I didn't care too much of numbers, but rather equalizing the amounts, so I assembled lots and lots of little ones).

[Edit] 6 long bridge. Indeed, VLB in 5- doesn't look too easy at the first sight...

>> I want more levels!
I agree! Or at least a level editor...

[Edit] Critical timing: I'm so close it's frustrating...

Edited by ramses12, 26 September 2012 - 09:36 AM.

#54 Nafees

Nafees

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 213 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 09 November 2013 - 07:43 AM

best game i've EVER played!

#55 Nafees

Nafees

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 04:20 PM

How to complete Level 13, Level 21 and level 25? any hint? others are complete till 24. I will soon upload a walk through.

#56 vv3k70r

vv3k70r

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 909 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 12:16 PM

Great game, brillant idea.

Is there any place to compare solutons?

This have a potential for social gaming for madd cosntructor.

Edited by vv3k70r, 09 March 2014 - 12:23 PM.

WIP:

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=613920

There are iso, 3d world in completly 2d engine, exploring mode, animation processing.

#57 Boy Weevil

Boy Weevil

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 322 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 05:24 PM

Needs keyboard based movement and rotation. The way the parts currently flip wildly around the mouse is extremely cumbersome and makes placing them a pain. I feel like I am fighting with the pieces trying to get them where I want them, as grabbing them slightly off center means they are going to rotate when my intention was simply to move the piece, and also vice versa. Heaven forbid I happen to tap the piece against something pre-existing in the level too...goodbye perfect rotation I worked so long for... If you don't want pieces overlapping the default level design, just disallow it. A simple red mask on the sprites would indicate this fine. Basically, DO NOT use physics in the actual planning and building phase. I am surprised no one else has suggested this, frankly.

Also, why not have right mouse delete the pieces? When I did need to get rid of a piece, I found the effort involved was way too much... I had to click delete, click the piece, and then be sure to click delete one more time so as to not accidentally delete a piece (which I did quite often). Deleting a piece could be simply mapped to the right mouse, or at least require the user to select delete once before each piece, with it defaulting back to placement after each deleted piece... this would feel more smooth I think.

Edited by Boy Weevil, 09 March 2014 - 05:31 PM.

#58 vv3k70r

vv3k70r

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 909 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 01:43 AM

Controls are good enought, deleting is a bit wild.

Game is great.

Even if it take less then a sunday to go throu all 30 lvl.

If someone need solution:

http://speedy.sh/Pzn...ve-all30lvl.rar

WIP:

http://gmc.yoyogames...howtopic=613920

There are iso, 3d world in completly 2d engine, exploring mode, animation processing.

#59 The Pancake Guy

The Pancake Guy

typical aussie

• GMC Member
  • 255 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 10 March 2014 - 07:36 AM

Haha I love this! Been playing it for an hour, great entertainment and an unbiased 10/10.

G'day.

Gr8 Code m8, I r8 a str8 8/8

if I helped, 1+ <3

#60 Nafees

Nafees

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 213 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 08:14 AM

Controls are good enought, deleting is a bit wild.

Game is great.

Even if it take less then a sunday to go throu all 30 lvl.

If someone need solution:

http://speedy.sh/Pzn...ve-all30lvl.rar

link not correct. can anybody upload a 100% save file please?

Edited by Nafees, 13 April 2014 - 08:15 AM.

#61 Ethanicus

Ethanicus

Ethan L!

• GMC Member
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 08:22 PM

Very cool! I really enjoy this one, no matter how frustrating it can get ;)

...in the Twilight Zone.

#62 Parasiteseve

Parasiteseve

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 May 2015 - 01:01 AM

Pretty interesting! I love the uniqueness about it. :) cheers! 

Having to scroll down to select my birth date depresses me. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users