Magnesium Ninja

• GMC Member
  • 242 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Assembly Line

Will make you cry like a little girl

Introduction:

Greetings, ladies and gentlemen! We here at Magnesium Ninja have been slaving all day over a hot stove to bring you an experimental game we like to call Assembly Line! Assembly Line is a single player, multitasking game about converting broken junk into AMAZING NEW PRODUCTS!

In Assembly Line you and you alone will be in control of four different sections of the same assembly line. (Hence the name; pretty smart eh?) It starts off easy, but quickly becomes more difficult than finding a good rap song. Do you have what it takes? Probably not.

Screenshots:

Screenshots are available through the download link.

Controls:

To activate menu options, press W underneath the desired light.

Section One (Useless Junk) - Space Bar to drop

- In section 1 you want to drop the lighter piles into the oven, while letting the darker piles slide off the screen.

Section Two (Raw Ore) - W to suck up ore

- In section 2 your goal is to suck up ore when it is beneath the lit up vacuum.

Section Three (Iron) - A S D to form the iron

- In section 3 you have to press A S or D depending on what shows up on screen.

Section Four (Finished Product) - O and L to move the grabber

- In the final section you have to lift and drop the grabber to pick up the finished products.

Download:

Assembly Line - Version 1.0.0.0

Final Comments (IMPORTANT):

Feel free to suggest anything that you think may add to the game experience. I'd like to upgrade the graphics, but sadly I don't have the skill necessary.

If there is something you dislike about this game, PLEASE let us know. We want to make Assembly Line as fun as possible.

Thanks, and enjoy!

-Magnesium Ninja

Edited by Klassic, 15 August 2010 - 06:00 PM.

#2 Klassic

Klassic

Magnesium Ninja

• GMC Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:50 PM

UPDATE:

Assembly Line has been updated to version 1.0.0.0!

This version includes:

-Title Screen
-Arcade Mode
-Survival Mode
-Music (Hoorah)
-Info Screen

Enjoy, and don't forget to insult/praise like the true critics you all are inside.

#3 Doctor Phileas Fragg

Doctor Phileas Fragg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:27 AM

It feels like a nice challenge. I just don't like the use of O and L instead of up and down.

If I wait too long to hit space, junk gets caught on the hatch.

#4 Klassic

Klassic

Magnesium Ninja

• GMC Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 02:23 AM

Thanks for the response!

The junk getting caught is a known bug, one that unfortunately is a difficult and annoying bug that I am unable to solve at the moment. Sorry about that.

Edited by Klassic, 23 August 2010 - 02:38 AM.

#5 Doctor Phileas Fragg

Doctor Phileas Fragg

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 151 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

Additionally, it took me a while to figure out initially how to actually start the game. I think the title screen is cute, but it it may be keeping other people from playing and replying.

#6 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 12:50 AM

Its better to use mouse instead of all those buttons, will make the game much more casual player friendly and much easier to play, the concept is nice and very fitting for a casual game.

#7 Klassic

Klassic

Magnesium Ninja

• GMC Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:08 AM

The problem with the mouse is that for one, laptops don't come equipped with mice and two, the game requires more buttons than the mouse has.

I'll look into fixing/changing the title screen, but I don't think it'll happen anytime soon because I have another project to finish before I leave for vacation.

Glad you like the concept!

#8 scream681

scream681

Nick Larin

• 1152 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 01:41 AM

You can have graphical buttons or levers instead. And just have the player click on them. It will give it a more "factory feel" as well, cause thats how you operate machines at a factory, pulling levers and pressing buttons at the machines.

#9 Klassic

Klassic

Magnesium Ninja

• GMC Member
  • 242 posts

Posted 25 August 2010 - 05:05 AM

But what happens when you have to perform two actions simultaneously? =\

Then it almost seems to become a game of luck, rather than skill. I'll look into it, but I'm not sure I like the idea of mouse-only. Perhaps some combination of mouse and keyboard.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users