Game Name: Spin to Win
Category: Puzzle
File Size: 13MB (app)/ 350KB(g70)
Changes Screen Resolution: No
Mulitplayer: No
Download Links:
App (13MB):
http://www.pointedga...c/spintowin.zip
g70 (350KB): (See below for instructions on the use of g70 files)
http://www.pointedga...c/spintowin.g70
Screenshots:
Posted Image
Posted Image

The basic idea is that you use the arrow keys to spin around your big bubble pile, as new balls come in from the top and bottom. Match three of a colour to have them pop and to get you points.

Now, has anyone worked out the execute_program/shell commands for Mac yet? I can't seem to work out if they are implemented, as they either crash the game or do nothing. I can't even get them to open an application, let alone pass arguments.

Anyway, have fun :). Once I work out that pesky execute_* problem, you'll be able to submit your scores to the High score board.

Also, instructions for using the g70 file:

The download is 13MB. That's a little big for such a small game, but there's nothing I can do about it. Or is there?

If you have already got a GM for Mac game (*.app), or can make one, do so. Right click on it, and choose "Show Package Contents". Next, go to the resources folder. Find the .g70 file, it's name will be whatever you saved your game as (ie davesgame.g70). Delete it. Next, replace it with my g70 file from the download link above. It does not need to be renamed, it seems the runner will run any g70 file it finds. Once you have copied my g70 file into the Resources directory, close the window and go back to the main *.app file. Running it should now run my game instead of yours. Rename the *.app file so you remember it's my game ;).

Edited by Dangerous_Dave, 11 August 2010 - 11:24 PM.

#2 goldsonic46

goldsonic46

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 581 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 12:00 AM

Although the game is simple, there is alot of potential that can be into this game. The concept is quite interesting, but needs a bit more work. After all, this was made during the beta process.

#3 vertex67

vertex67

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 515 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 07:24 PM

its a fresh take on the 'group 3' puzzle game, but its very hard due to the slow rotation.
maybe if you gave the rotation control to the mouse (so we could turn it as fast as we move our hand), it would be more fun.

#4 Laura Bollings

Laura Bollings

GMC Member

• 20 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:53 AM

Is there also a way to publish it to windows?
This game looks really nice so ^^

#5 Desert Dog

Desert Dog

GMC Member

• GMC Elder
  • 6409 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 18 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

Is there also a way to publish it to windows?
This game looks really nice so ^^

Check out his signature, it's a link to his site, which has his game. Short-cut:
http://www.pointedga...om/game.php?q=4

For windows. :)

I don't have a mac, but I played the windows version, and yeah, the game works well, and is quite fun. Only real gripes for me, is that it can take a while for the game to get going to a pace that's exciting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users