410 replies to this topic

#51 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 04:57 PM

One thing...Where it's the realism?

Not every game needs to be realistic, in fact most games aren't.

I didn't said that it's a clone..gosh..I said I hate this kind of games..with tiny cliffs and big character...It's my oppinion!What's getting you so pissed?:)))

It's partly an asthetic choice, and partly due to sprite limitaions. Lots of games forego realistic proportions to make the gameplay easier to read, or to better fit within the style of the graphics.
If you prefer realistic games then that's fine, but why come in here and complain about it? It doesn't accomplish anything

#52 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 27 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

I didn't said that it's a clone..gosh..I said I hate this kind of games..with tiny cliffs and big character...It's my oppinion!What's getting you so pissed?:)))

Okay, calm down...sheesh. I'm not angry over your opinion.
I'm slightly annoyed with you making a pointless post about how you don't like my game's style. That's fine, but I don't know why you need to share your opinion here. It's like posting about a Mario fan game, and saying "I really hate fantastical giant mushrooms."

I'm fine with constructive criticism, not pointless stuff.

And, the front page thing was a joke? I don't want to be on the front of the graphics forum all the time if all the topic is composed of is fighting.

Are we good? I really hate arguing pointlessly too, so let's both agree to disagree, and stop?

It's partly an asthetic choice, and partly due to sprite limitaions. Lots of games forego realistic proportions to make the gameplay easier to read, or to better fit within the style of the graphics.
If you prefer realistic games then that's fine, but why come in here and complain about it? It doesn't accomplish anything

I need 16 by 16 sprites, 'cause I'm working on a game...

Fake Link

#53 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 27 August 2010 - 08:12 PM

One thing...Where it's the realism?

The realism is currently rotting in the hall. Have you ever seen Fire Emblem? If not, here's the game this is based on:
Posted Image
Forget the cliffs... look at the size of the characters compared to the size of the mountains! Those are supposed to be peaks! But it's all good; it's iconic. It's a different graphic style.

Nobody's pissed, and it'd be great if we could keep it that way and stop arguing over the lack of realism in Fire Emblem. Thanks.

Back to business:
@Me the III, you took the image I posted and you're using it as the tileset? I'll upload the real tileset soon. Once I get my hands on my computer with all my files on it.

@jake, dang I really like that background. I may start with that. Very nice work.

EDIT: Alright, here y'are.
Posted Image

Edited by BENJAMUS, 27 August 2010 - 08:59 PM.

#54 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 09:33 PM

EDIT: Alright, here y'are.

Awesome. I'll update the credit list soon. Thanks a ton, BENJAMUS.

Fake Link

#55 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:33 AM

Are these gates better?
Posted Image

#56 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 04:41 AM

I think so :D

Fake Link

#57 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:27 AM

Another background, forest this time.

Posted Image

And here's one without the lightrays since I know not everyone likes them :unsure:
Posted Image

*edit*

Minor change, just messing with the colours
Posted Image

Edited by jake557, 28 August 2010 - 10:42 AM.

#58 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 05:01 PM

Beautiful...

I love the third one, Jake.
+10 credits.

Edited by Me the III, 28 August 2010 - 05:05 PM.

Fake Link

#59 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:26 PM

I've been working on pixeling the field background you did, it's turning out pretty good, although I cheated a little bit but it's okay :P Light rays will be a challenge for me to pixel, but when done right they look really cool.

#60 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 07:44 PM

I also need backgrounds. For now:
Plains background;
Forest background;

Ocean/Beach background;
Fort background;

"Ocean" you say? I have just the thing left over from the other day
Posted Image

Hope you don't mind me partially reusing old work :lol:

Edited by jake557, 28 August 2010 - 07:56 PM.

#61 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

Haha, in this case, not at all.

I guess that's another 5 credits...

Surely you didn't have that exact size ready to go? (If you didn't crop it, it's fate telling us that it was meant for my game :P )

Fake Link

#62 Koron XYZ

Koron XYZ

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1470 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:40 PM

I hope you know BENJAMUS ripped those sprites from the original Fire Emblem for the GBA.

#63 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 08:55 PM

As much as I hate to say you're right...you're wrong.

Compare for yourself.

If those are the same sprites, I'm Me the II.

Fake Link

#64 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

Haha, in this case, not at all.

I guess that's another 5 credits...

Surely you didn't have that exact size ready to go? (If you didn't crop it, it's fate telling us that it was meant for my game :P )

Original:
Posted Image

Afraid there was some resizing involved, but hey it could still be fate.
Glad I don't have to try and redraw it from scratch, open water is really tricky to get looking right

*edit*
watermarked for fear of ninjas

*2nd edit*
Is it a little ironic putting a watermark on a picture of water to protect it from theft (or "piracy" if you will) ostensibly from ninjas? I'm sure there's a pirates vs ninjas joke in there somewhere, but for the life of me I can't think of it

Edited by jake557, 28 August 2010 - 11:46 PM.

#65 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 09:18 PM

Well, I think you did get it right, and the resize works fine for me :P

On another note...I'm willing to bet you have no idea what it's like writing a 25 page essay BY HAND! I'M SO SICK OF IT! MY HAND IS TURNING BLACK FROM THE INK!

EDIT: I have 444 posts. That's the Japanese evil number...

Edited by Me the III, 28 August 2010 - 09:20 PM.

Fake Link

#66 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:19 PM

I have 38 posts, double my age.

Posted Image

(I wonder how many more posts until this topic turns orange?)

#67 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

(I wonder how many more posts until this topic turns orange?)

Me (the III) too...

That is one of my favorite ones so far. Thanks again!

+4 credits

EDIT: It turned orange :D

Edited by Me the III, 28 August 2010 - 10:39 PM.

Fake Link

#68 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:07 PM

Posted Image
Erm these guys look almost exactly the same to me, as well as being very similar to this guy:
Posted Image

#69 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 28 August 2010 - 11:24 PM

Yeah...that's why I kinda stopped after that small number of characters.
The one on the left was supposed to be a more responsible, young prince in the game.
The one on the right was supposed to be more of a lighthearted guy, young as well (20's?), but the captain of his guard nonetheless. Happier, with longer hair.

That might help you out a little. Feel free to exercise artistic license. It's not like these guys are very different (the difference is the hair color, half of a mouth being slanted, and higher nose, and a slight hair style difference. ) Both have neater hair, maybe?

Yeah..feel free to change the small details. Don't sweat them either. These are vague guidelines.

EDIT: I was talking to the right two. The far left can be discarded.

Edited by Me the III, 30 August 2010 - 05:06 PM.

Fake Link

#70 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 06:32 AM

I hope you know BENJAMUS ripped those sprites from the original Fire Emblem for the GBA.

I'll take that as a compliment.

EDIT:

I need weapon icons (the usual, iron sword, iron lance, iron bow, smoothbore cannon)
I would think anything from 6-10 pixels would be fine. HOWEVER, NOTHING BIGGER.

You mean 10x10 canvas?
Also, in the midst of castles and knights and swords and axes and bows, it doesn't strike me as fitting to include pistols.

Edited by BENJAMUS, 29 August 2010 - 08:30 AM.

#71 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:41 AM

Posted Image
This is a hard one. In my game, I'm going to have an overworld where you choose where to go and what battles to fight. When I finally code this, the engine will only require small touch-ups that won't take too long to code. So, what I need...well, this is an overworld.

I would like somebody to take this map, and translate it to a very large overworld map (you can split it up in pieces). If the unit is sixteen by sixteen...I don't really care how large it gets, as long as it isn't too small (double this size is too small. Triple this size would suffice...yeah it's a big request. I realize it. It's actually a HUGE request.).

What should it look like? Well, a map that has come to life. Colorful, yet rustic. The left island would be more of a jungle. You can add lakes/forests as you feel prudent. The only real stipulation would be that I want an inland desert stretching from close to the eastern coast of the big continent to the middle of it. Not a huge one, just of decent size.

It doesn't need incredible detail.
Yeah...this'll be worth 40-50 credits easily.

Like I said...it'd be best to split it into a pieces-by-pieces background.

How's this?
http://www.stereogam...ake557/Map1.png
Obviously no detail yet, but regarding size and colour palette? I just want to be sure I have the basics down before I start any detail.

#72 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 03:36 PM

yjh
You mean 10x10 canvas?

Yeah...I guess I should specify that more. I'll edit that in the first post. But, 10 by 10 is what I would like, yes. Thanks.

Also, in the midst of castles and knights and swords and axes and bows, it doesn't strike me as fitting to include pistols.

Yeah...I know I'm taking a big risk. I'm trying to capture a world just before its total transition to gunpowder, where those with pistols and rifles supplement the more accurate bows and rifles with more powerful but inaccurate/close range support. The cannons will be hugely immobile, but have a 1-5 attack range, and different ammo for their cannons (canister, shell, ball...if you know your standard cannon arsenal. It'll be explained).

And Jake, that's almost perfect. The only thing I could ask would be to have the desert stretch a little lower.
I'll post more in thirty minutes.

EDIT: I said I'd post more...but it's pretty darn good color-wise. Thanks for taking this up so quickly.

Edited by Me the III, 29 August 2010 - 04:31 PM.

Fake Link

#73 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 07:43 PM

10x10 is really tiny, but here are a couple simple swords. A saber, iron sword, and steel sword.
Posted Image

Having it in 16x16 makes it a lot easier to have details and make each one distinguishable, in my opinion. (These aren't named)
Posted Image

And I can't even imagine making a good amount of distinguishable swords in 6x6.

I still kinda disagree with the guns, but it's your call. Cannons would probably be fine-would they be like ballista in FE? But a pistol? That seems a little too modern. Plus it would kinda kill any weapon system like FE, the weapon triangle. It makes a much bigger difference than you might think.

#74 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:22 PM

10x10 is really tiny, but here are a couple simple swords. A saber, iron sword, and steel sword.
Posted Image

Having it in 16x16 makes it a lot easier to have details and make each one distinguishable, in my opinion. (These aren't named)
Posted Image

Haha... sorry. I didn't realize how small that was. I'll edit it. For some reason, I thought that a sword half the size of a unit was plenty big. I'll give you 16 credits for the lot, and from now on, 16 by 16. Thanks BENJAMUS. Beautiful 16 by 16's again.

I still kinda disagree with the guns, but it's your call. Cannons would probably be fine-would they be like ballista in FE? But a pistol? That seems a little too modern. Plus it would kinda kill any weapon system like FE, the weapon triangle. It makes a much bigger difference than you might think.

I definitely understand where you are coming from. For the time being, I'd like to keep it in. I think it might add a layer of difficulty. If there it turns out to screw things up, guns are out. I'm talking about the old fashioned, one-shot pistols that have to be reloaded right now. If attacked, they would only be able to get one shot off.

I was planning a gun weapon triangle as well, actually. Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol. If it doesn't work out, hasta la vista guns (and about fifteen units I've thought up...not necessarily a bad thing).

Fake Link

#75 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 02:38 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Haha... sorry. I didn't realize how small that was. I'll edit it. For some reason, I thought that a sword half the size of a unit was plenty big. I'll give you 16 credits for the lot, and from now on, 16 by 16. Thanks BENJAMUS. Beautiful 16 by 16's again.

In that case, I got you a present:
Posted Image

Some of these I have names for, but mostly it's up for brainstorming.

I definitely understand where you are coming from. For the time being, I'd like to keep it in. I think it might add a layer of difficulty. If there it turns out to screw things up, guns are out. I'm talking about the old fashioned, one-shot pistols that have to be reloaded right now. If attacked, they would only be able to get one shot off.

I was planning a gun weapon triangle as well, actually. Rifle, Shotgun, Pistol. If it doesn't work out, hasta la vista guns (and about fifteen units I've thought up...not necessarily a bad thing).

Well, we'll see how it works.

Edited by BENJAMUS, 30 August 2010 - 03:13 AM.

#76 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 03:33 AM

In that case, I got you a present:

Holy crap! It's just like Christmas! I went to post, left, and came back to 5 new spears and 4 axes, in addition to the seven swords!

You should work for Santa.

NICE job. I'll give 28 more credits. (I forgot to say how much weapons are worth...I hate credit systems...I'm trying to make it fair between you and jake in terms of time spent...I'm afraid I'm having trouble)

Anyway, this is just awesome, BENJAMUS. I think tomorrow I'll finish my character display (cursor over unit shows health/weapons equipped) and get started on a more advanced attack system (I have to integrate my old attack system, and update it...like anybody cares :P )

Now I have no excuse not to get started. You and jake both have been awesome.

EDIT: YOU GET YOUR OWN NPC! PM me with the character's background/personality, etc. At this point, I'm sure I'll be able to work it in.

Edited by Me the III, 30 August 2010 - 03:35 AM.

Fake Link

#77 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:50 AM

I guess it's time to start the castle tileset.

EDIT: YOU GET YOUR OWN NPC! PM me with the character's background/personality, etc. At this point, I'm sure I'll be able to work it in.

This should be good.

#78 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 08:23 AM

****CREDIT LIST****
BENJAMUS: 310 credits
jake557: 81 credits
beeproductions: 12 credits

Aww how'd I end up so far behind? Better pick up the pace I guess.

Just an update on progress:
http://www.stereogam...ake557/Map2.png
The Western island is about 70% done

*edit*
West island pretty much done, main island coming along
http://www.stereogam...ake557/Map3.png

*edit2*
http://www.stereogam...57/Map_copy.png
That's everything filled in, how detailed did you want it? Should I go in and work on it more?

*edit the 3rd*
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by jake557, 19 September 2010 - 12:14 PM.

#79 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:04 PM

:D

I can't thank you enough.

Aww how'd I end up so far behind? Better pick up the pace I guess.

Like I said...

I forgot to say how much weapons are worth...I hate credit systems...I'm trying to make it fair between you and jake in terms of time spent...I'm afraid I'm having trouble

It's not easy...you see, it WOULD be if BENJAMUS did backgrounds and you did tiles. Of course that's not how it works at all. Different artists specialize in different things...and, not being an artist myself, I really have no real idea how long it takes you to make a few tiles or redo a character or make a weapon...blah. I've been trying....to be fair, I'm pretty sure BENJAMUS had about 200 by the time you joined...

That addressed (hopefully)
I love the map. Maybe, when I've charted out all the cities and whatnot, I MIGHT ask you to add a few roads (obviously it wouldn't be to scale. I think it'd do a lot for gameplay though).

+60 (Because the disparity has grown, for sure... : :wacko: )

The characters are great again...two things though?

The first one: could you add a bit more armor to his body/broaden his shoulders lightly? He looks a little lightweight to me.
The last one: could you make him look a little more perpetually angry? Also, it was hard to miss this, but his left eye is scarred over.

I'll give you +30 credits for these, all told (I know, I raised it). Because, I give BENJAMUS 3 credits a tile so far, and I hope you spend a little more time on each individual than he does a single tile. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I'm working myself into a hole here with this system).

Just trust me, I appreciate you both just as much.

Wonderful work.

Edited by Me the III, 30 August 2010 - 05:06 PM.

Fake Link

#80 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 05:23 PM

The first one: could you add a bit more armor to his body/broaden his shoulders lightly? He looks a little lightweight to me.
The last one: could you make him look a little more perpetually angry? Also, it was hard to miss this, but his left eye is scarred over.

-Can do. It's hard to tell who's supposed to be "lightweight" vs "heavyweight" when it's just their heads.
-Whoops, I figured that was part of his turban hanging down, again easily fixed. Btw all the villains, but this guy in particular, seem to be larger than their good counterparts. Is this by design, or should I be scaling them to fit with the existing drawings?

#81 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 30 August 2010 - 06:08 PM

-Can do. It's hard to tell who's supposed to be "lightweight" vs "heavyweight" when it's just their heads.

Yeah, it is. Sorry...when I figure out new characters, I'll include a description rather than have somebody guess as to what they "really" look like.

-Whoops, I figured that was part of his turban hanging down, again easily fixed. Btw all the villains, but this guy in particular, seem to be larger than their good counterparts. Is this by design, or should I be scaling them to fit with the existing drawings?

I see your point. The rest of the villians were a mistake, I think. This guy though...height (at least to me) instills a heavy feeling of authority. I think I consciously did want this guy a little bigger...but then again, his beard is huge too.
So, for the rest of the villians, no, but for this guy, maybe a little bigger?

Thanks again jake.

EDIT: You got it perfect, just as I posted. +5 credits for the edits (the only time I don't give full credit for something made is when it's just not useable by me, not when it's good enough but not what I'm looking for.)

Edited by Me the III, 30 August 2010 - 06:10 PM.

Fake Link

#82 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by jake557, 01 September 2010 - 01:29 PM.

#83 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 01:34 PM

I love it again. +6 credits. Great job.

Edit: You posted another while I was just posting!
I like it (again, I think it looks great). +6

However, I am noticing a very slight tendency to lean towards Asian features. Not that I have anything against Asians!

I just don't want people to think "Oh, that's that game with all the bad Asians in it..."
You don't have to edit it. I like it. Just please try to keep it in mind from now on?

Thanks jake.

Edited by Me the III, 01 September 2010 - 01:38 PM.

Fake Link

#84 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:04 PM

Huh, I can't really see it myself. I'm drawing the eyes pretty much the same way I have from the start (not a huge amount of room for variation at this resolution anyway) and I take the skin tones directly from your reference pictures. If you're concerned about it I guess I can try and make the remaining characters look more western.

#85 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 02:32 PM

I think it's just the different shadowing you used on the eye ? sockets? around the eye? I dunno. It just strikes me for some reasons as a distinctly Asian? It's no big deal, really. I think a big part of it was the skin tone, actually :lol:

Edit: What do you guys think of this Hunter unit I sprited? I included an archer from Fire Emblem GBA games that I used as reference...anything I could improve myself? I'm trying to get better so I can sprite at least something myself.

Posted Image

Edit: besides the border being darker. I already fixed that.
Edit 2: I darkened a pixel above the gun slightly as well.

Here's a newer version:
Posted Image

Edit the III:

Posted Image

What about my cavalry unit?

Edited by Me the III, 01 September 2010 - 11:10 PM.

Fake Link

#86 mortalpico

mortalpico

GMC Member

• 556 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 12:32 AM

is this an RPG or what?
"Remembering ISHIMURA..."

#87 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 01:53 AM

This is a TBSRPG, with multiple units leveling up and gaining stats to fight against armies of other units in turn-based gameplay. Surprisingly (to me, at least) I have had to do less coding than I originally thought I might, and the biggest obstacles left to me are gaining the graphics of every unit I need, and writing the story.

You know, thanks, mortalpico. I completely forgot an "introduction" section to the topic...I should have included one. I'll update soon.

Fake Link

#88 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 04:50 AM

The cavalry looks quite good. I don't like the hunter so much, but it's alright. Mainly I think his gun should be held down while he's idle. By the way, are you looking to have a color scheme between players? Sorry if this is mentioned in the opening post, I haven't read your edits on it in a while :P

Sorry I haven't been here for a while- school started yesterday and I'm going to have a LOT less time. I think you can still rely on me to do the castle tileset for now. Probably some more weapons too. I probably won't be able to pixel the backgrounds Jake made, at least not for now.

#89 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 02:48 PM

The cavalry looks quite good. I don't like the hunter so much, but it's alright. Mainly I think his gun should be held down while he's idle. By the way, are you looking to have a color scheme between players? Sorry if this is mentioned in the opening post, I haven't read your edits on it in a while :P

Yeah. The hunter needs work, I agree. It looks...not the greatest.

I was going to make it so that all of the player's units had unique colors, and all of the enemy's units were red. I don't know what I think of this idea though. It's certainly easier to make all the player's units blue.

Sorry I haven't been here for a while- school started yesterday and I'm going to have a LOT less time. I think you can still rely on me to do the castle tileset for now. Probably some more weapons too. I probably won't be able to pixel the backgrounds Jake made, at least not for now.

I thought you hated me! Haha it's fine, BENJAMUS. My summer's about to end too, and when it does, my free time will be sucked away as well...wait a second..school started on a Wednesday? That's odd... ANYWAY, thanks for anything you do. This game isn't exactly being pushed to meet a deadline right now (thought I'm definitely going to finish, no worries).

Fake Link

#90 nathan m

nathan m

GMC Member

• 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 05:44 PM

Here is a HUD you can use:

Posted Image

Hope its what you were looking for

#91 jake557

jake557

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 332 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:30 PM

Awesome another contributor. :lol:

#92 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 06:43 PM

Indeed, nathan m! That's fantastic!
One thing though? I hope you wouldn't mind if I were to change the Health and Magic bars to the same color as the lower ones?

That is exactly what I had in mind though!
I'll add you to the credit list.
+10

Fake Link

#93 nathan m

nathan m

GMC Member

• 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:02 PM

Posted Image

Done it for you :)

#94 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:13 PM

Awesome! I'll give you two credits for that!

BTW, you don't have to change this, but the health/magic boxes will be covered up with a picture of a weapon/armor selection respectively.

Thanks so much for contributing. Awesome work.

Fake Link

#95 nathan m

nathan m

GMC Member

• 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:22 PM

Ok this time i have removed the text, so it is now just a blank HUD with colours to work with. And i dont mind fixing it as i did make it, and i am still using photoshop at the moment anyways :P

Posted Image

#96 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:38 PM

Alrighty then! I do have one more thing to ask!

The weapon picture is 16 by 16...so could you possibly:
Eliminate the Character Information box? I found I don't need it, even though it did look nice.
Make the Old Health/Magic boxes 18 by 18?
Add a small box the same size as the other small ones inside the character portrait box?
Shorten the Old Health/Magic Bars (dunno why I capitalized that) and then add a small, separate box to the right, with enough room for me to draw a backwards return arrow, and the word "swap"?

Yeah...I know. I just started playing around with it and found that I needed a few changes.
Thanks again, and I'll give you a whole 'nother 3 credits (so enticing, I know :P )

Sorry for being picky. I can do it myself if you want. I just started playing around and realized that a few small changes might be better.

Edited by Me the III, 02 September 2010 - 07:39 PM.

Fake Link

#97 nathan m

nathan m

GMC Member

• 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:50 PM

what do you mean the old magic and health boxes, do you mean the small squares in the top half of the HUD?

#98 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 07:53 PM

Yes, the boxes where you previously had "h" and "m." Sorry for not being clear.

Fake Link

#99 nathan m

nathan m

GMC Member

• 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:02 PM

ok done again, this time i did two different versions so pick your favourite one:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#100 Me the III

Me the III

...No.

• 859 posts

Posted 02 September 2010 - 09:15 PM

Perfect again. I'll give you +8 credits for your trouble (I give full credit for stuff I don't use except when there wasn't any effort involved).

Thank you very much for contributing! (And for being patient with me)

Edited by Me the III, 02 September 2010 - 09:23 PM.

Fake Link