#1 Krimelo

Krimelo

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 02:13 PM

Nation Of Reincars

Posted Image

Use Z to read text in game

This is a game based on a quote from The Koran. I´m atheist but simply wanted to try to make a game about religion in some way. The result is a game in which you have to reincarnate in the perfect order to finally meet God.

There is a high-res version and a low-res one since the high-res one may work too slow on slower computers. The low-res one may also be a bit slow but I´m working on making it faster.

Abilities:
Turtle - Swim
Rabbit - Jump high
Worm - Dig (press down when on ground and then use
left and right to angle and up to dig)
Bird - Fly
Monkey - Climb (press up or down when close to a wall to climb on it)

Tip:
Press M to toggle on and off seeing the whole map. It´s good for planning the right "reincarnation-order".

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.esop.se/g...nOfReincars.rar (7.9MB)

Krimelo´s Blog

Edited by Krimelo, 20 July 2010 - 10:58 AM.

#2 skunkchop

skunkchop

GMC Member

• 381 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:57 AM

I beat your game just now. It took me a long time, but finding the proper strategy was very fun. You planned this out very well, I love how there is only one definitive solution to it, yet so many paths to take. This is probably my new favourite short game.
Is there any question I could ask God that he would actually answer in the game?

Edited by skunkchop, 22 July 2010 - 06:45 AM.

#3 Krimelo

Krimelo

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:06 AM

I beat your game just now. It took me a long time, but finding the proper strategy was very fun. You planned this out very well, I love how there is only one definitive solution to it, yet so many paths to take. This is probably my new favourite short game.
Is there any question I could ask God that he would actually answer in the game?

Glad you liked it! :)

No thereīs not a question like that. But every single question is sent to a server. Within a few days Iīm going to post all questions on my blog: http://www.krimelogames.blogspot.com/

#4 skunkchop

skunkchop

GMC Member

• 381 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 12:29 PM

Wow! I had no idea the questions would be saved. I'm the one that asked three questions at once, for when you see mine. I'm looking forward to seeing mine up on the blog.
By the way, the map in your game has quite a few tricks. I thought that was brilliant. For example, seeing the pieces of land at the top of the map that are possible to land on made me think to use the worm through the land(use bird, land, make flag, use worm). It's interesting that the solution I reached had nothing to do with that, even though it seems almost too perfect.
I should tell you that it's possible to get under the first ceiling spike passage using the bird, not that it really matters.

#5 Krimelo

Krimelo

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 02:28 PM

Hehe yeah, I know itīs possible to land up there and use the worm, but itīs quite buggy since the ground up there is mostly backgrounds tiles for making the game run smoother. It also would have been too hard to come up with that idea but Iīm glad that you and a few more actually came up with that solution :D.

Aha! Actually thought that was impossible, but to get usage of it you need to get through the end of the little "cave" too and to make it twice with the bird seems like extremely hard...

Back to planning my upcoming game now :D

#6 skunkchop

skunkchop

GMC Member

• 381 posts

Posted 27 July 2010 - 05:24 PM

Yeah, using the worm up there was weird 'cause I kept on falling, but I still managed to get through. The second part wherein you can use the worm like that works better.
I could tell that you are the creator of Cannibalism too because of the similar art styles between it and this game. You have an interesting and unique style in your games. I like this game more because of its tactical element. What's your next game going to be like?

#7 Krimelo

Krimelo

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 10:20 AM

Yeah, using the worm up there was weird 'cause I kept on falling, but I still managed to get through. The second part wherein you can use the worm like that works better.
I could tell that you are the creator of Cannibalism too because of the similar art styles between it and this game. You have an interesting and unique style in your games. I like this game more because of its tactical element. What's your next game going to be like?

Yeah, Autocannibalism is my work too, yes. Glad you like the style! My next game will be a 2 player game only, and it will be quite creepy and weird. Wont tell you more right now, check my blog for updates: www.krimelogames.blogspot.com

#8 skunkchop

skunkchop

GMC Member

• 381 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 06:48 PM

Two player as in co-op? Please tell me it's co-op...

#9 Krimelo

Krimelo

GMC Member

• 17 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 07:30 PM

Two player as in co-op? Please tell me it's co-op...

Well, yes, itīs a kind of forced co-op. The players will have to work together, but in the end, itīs 1vs1.