52 replies to this topic

#1 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 08:44 AM

For new screens check below!

Hey, I want to show you our game of JM Game Productions.
This is an 3D online shooter build in Game Maker, which using Ultimate3D engine for 3D, and 39dll for online.
It was build 4 years ago in d3d, but we get a couple of bugs so we moved to Ultimate3D, It was faster and we have more 3D options.

Upcoming Version includes:
Running
Jumping
Collision
Recoil
Zooming
C++ server [Removed because we are using a new version of 39dll)
Health creates
Blood (realistic)
3D sounds (using FMOD)
Improvement speed
Minimap
Chat
Character animation
New Map
Hud
Teams
Serverlist
Menu
Skills list (kill/dead)

Some known bugs:
Your weapon can trough the walls, but can't shoot trough it.
You can fall out of the map.

Download:
click here
[43 mb]

Newest screens [7-juli-2011]
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

Screens [new]
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3 [menu]
Screen 4 [running]

Screen [old]:
Screen 1

Screen [very old (d3d)]:
Screen 1
Screen 2
Screen 3

Sorry for my English.

Edited by Aragon, 07 July 2011 - 05:16 PM.

#2 IQbrew

IQbrew

Pro-Grammar

• Banned Users
  • 2607 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 July 2010 - 09:10 AM

Your bmp images make my internet cry out in pain.
"Personally, I rather look forward to a computer program winning the world chess championship. Humanity needs a lesson in humility. "

#3 Pointman

Pointman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 90 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:45 AM

graphic look awesome!!!!!

#4 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

Wow @ the graphics! Another U3D game to take CSS props / models / materials! Why does almost every U3D (that I've seen on GMC) use that gun?!? Not to mention those damned dev squares, seriously, make your own models, valve could probably sue you (not sure, don't quote me on it)

I dislike how members post old screen shots and say "old screen shots" and stuff like that, if they are that old, and aren't even relevant, why post them?!? Obviously the game doesn't use D3D anymore!

Did it ever occur to you to change the ICON, or the TITLE of the app?!? It looks like you just took someone's engine, and slapped your name on it, all the U3D games look so alike, and move in such a similar way, coincidence? I think not!

Anyways, not the nicest comments, but someone had to give some 'mean' comments...
Posted Image

Rate this topic: 0 | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

PRESS IT
\/

#5 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2527 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 11 July 2010 - 03:41 PM

This looks really promising.

~Luis

#6 cookie

cookie

GMC Member

• 137 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 11:44 PM

Wow @ the graphics! Another U3D game to take CSS props / models / materials! Why does almost every U3D (that I've seen on GMC) use that gun?!? Not to mention those damned dev squares, seriously, make your own models, valve could probably sue you (not sure, don't quote me on it)

I dislike how members post old screen shots and say "old screen shots" and stuff like that, if they are that old, and aren't even relevant, why post them?!? Obviously the game doesn't use D3D anymore!

Did it ever occur to you to change the ICON, or the TITLE of the app?!? It looks like you just took someone's engine, and slapped your name on it, all the U3D games look so alike, and move in such a similar way, coincidence? I think not!

Anyways, not the nicest comments, but someone had to give some 'mean' comments...

Ignore this person, this is great, I am very impressed. Does it have movement interpolation for lag?

#7 Igloo

Igloo

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 299 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 03:05 PM

From what I saw, this game is very impressive. You should definitely integrate a lobby so players can quickly find servers.

Let me know when there's a server up. I can't wait to try this one online.

#8 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:12 PM

@igloo, We already had a serverlist, but we removed it, the connection with our webserver was to slow, to have a bug less account system with serverlist.

@ash47, This game looks the same as other U3D games? the movement is completely different, and there is one game that use those weapons, Lighted made by DJkevy, was stole it. There is more then only U3D, everything is online, it isn't easy to do that.
Why should valve sue us? We don't sell our game, and we are 17/16 years old. I already got it in my mind a new headline in the paper: Valve sues 2 childeren of 17 and 16 years old, because of a game made in Game Maker.
I don't think they will do that.

#9 Mailas

Mailas

Send in the Mail

• GMC Member
  • 5900 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:14 PM

Looks fun, going to download.

omQasih.jpg

#10 quadriseene

quadriseene

Ninja

• 547 posts

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:32 AM

Why should valve sue us? We don't sell our game, and we are 17/16 years old. I already got it in my mind a new headline in the paper: Valve sues 2 childeren of 17 and 16 years old, because of a game made in Game Maker.
I don't think they will do that.

Are you infringing copyright? If you're using graphics you don't legally own the rights to, then yes, you are. Valve is unlikely to sue you, but you're still stealing from them. It doesn't matter how old you are. I'm 17 and can get my head around copyright law. But to argue with myself in a way you might find quite insane, on the other hand, there's no shortage of copyright infringement from fan-games and the like on these forums, so at least you guys aren't making a (direct) fan-game.

Also, would you put up some "new" screenshots? It seems shifty when you only have old ones, like a used car salesman showing you photos of what the car looked like twelve years ago when it came out of the factory. I'm certainly not buying that car, and likewise not downloading this game if all you can provide me with is pictures labelled "old" and "very old". - You posted some! Yay :D

Edited by quadriseene, 01 August 2010 - 09:16 AM.

This, here, this is a signature. And if the above post doesn't make sense, chances are I'm messing with your brain.

#11 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:30 PM

Update! the CreateVector error/bug is fixed

Download [full game]:
click here
[43 mb]

Just the client [after CreateVector bug fix]
click here
[2.45 mb]

#12 cookie

cookie

GMC Member

• 137 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:38 PM

Update! the CreateVector error/bug is fixed

Download [full game]:
click here
[43 mb]

Just the client [after CreateVector bug fix]
click here
[2.45 mb]

Great, trying it out now.

#13 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 14 July 2010 - 07:15 PM

downloaded and played, so here's my review:
slow moving, no sprint, zoom was pointless when it blurs the screen, and I hope to see original models in the next release.
sounds were okay, models were css, so at least they looked nice other than the deagle.
why would you use two different game models?
bullet holes and particles looked nice too.
good luck

poof_sig.png

#14 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 12:24 PM

a screen shot of our new map:
click here
We are buzzy with our new engine, which is really fast, we even chances the standard MoveCamera script in our own, same with the standard Step script,
If somebody can make animated models/guns and your interested to join us, you can PM me.

#15 Koning Stoma

Koning Stoma

GMC Member

• 128 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

Do you still use the newengine for the player collisions? I can tell because when you land after a jump the player still moves down a bit.
The newengine is a bit too complex and it will give the player an irregular Z position after jumps amongst other things.

If you use death reckoning for the player movement this will mess with the synchronization. In other words, the players will get the wrong position and the players will appear to lag.
If you dont want this i suggest to take a look at the u3d collision examples and make new player collisions. I have done this too and it greatly reduced the laggy players.

#16 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 03:32 PM

This still use the NewEngine for collision, but i don't care about that engine, because we built a new one which is very fast, and the C++ server is almost done(h). I'm building my own player collision

#17 Harry

Harry

GMC Member

• 758 posts

Posted 16 July 2010 - 06:11 PM

Nice, abit of constructive critism.. you should make it so that you can play in full screen mode. Also you need to be able to adjust the mouse sensitivity. It wasn't sensitive enough for me. Oh and 43mb!? wow, thats the biggst GM game I have downloaded by far, lolz.

#18 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:55 AM

Yes there are a lot of files which we don't use, but we are the lame to delete them, the next version is better structured.

The complete version will include settings, the c++ is done for 95% just the skill list (kill/dead) have te be made no big deal.

We still have some problems with our own models, we both can't create any advanced models like a weapon or human and animated them, so who wants to earn 10/20 dollars? PM ME!

#19 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 09:38 AM

Click Here for a new screen!
I got a lag when i take the snapshot, mostly my fps is around 45 even when I shut-down every program, i get around 70 FPS.
C++ server is done, it works fine, the dedicated server also works fine.
We added minimap, PRO style B-)

#20 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2527 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:15 PM

You've made great progress with this! Just curious, who is your dedicated server? Or do you just run it on a PC?

#21 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:23 PM

You've made great progress with this! Just curious, who is your dedicated server? Or do you just run it on a PC?

Thanks.
Michel got a Dedicated server at his home, it is already 24/7 up but we don't give any release before is is work 100%.

#22 cookie

cookie

GMC Member

• 137 posts

Posted 25 July 2010 - 10:08 PM

Where is this c++ server and updates?

#23 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 26 July 2010 - 01:23 PM

The server is not connect able with the old engine, we rebuild the engine from a scratch, we expect a release in one week.
The old version which is downloadable will not support by a server. We have some small things to do, reloading hud and the menu but that is already finished in one of our old versions.

We still looking for a modeller!!!

#24 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 11:42 AM

We added CleanMemory dll, the size before of adding the dll was around 150.000 kb, maybe more, now its around 6500 KB!!, it make our game faster.
I running a server (c++) and the client (only exe file) @ stabilise of 65 fps, when 11.000 triangles are drawing.
my specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon™ XP 2400+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.0GHz
Memory: 1024MB RAM

Click here for the new screen!

#25 cookie

cookie

GMC Member

• 137 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:07 AM

We added CleanMemory dll, the size before of adding the dll was around 150.000 kb, maybe more, now its around 6500 KB!!, it make our game faster.
I running a server (c++) and the client (only exe file) @ stabilise of 65 fps, when 11.000 triangles are drawing.
my specs:

Looking good!

But what graphics card do you have?

#26 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 09:21 AM

my specs:

Looking good!

But what graphics card do you have?

Thanks,
My graphic card: ATI Radeon 9550 / X1050 Series

We are are busy with the engine, tried to make it realistic.

#27 Aragon1029

Aragon1029

GMC Member

• 940 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 11:23 AM

You stole my name!

By the way, why'd you steal CSS's models and not even bother to change the icon let alone the name of the game before releasing?
Let me guess, you didn't write the C++ server either, did you. You probably took Brads.

Am I right?
I'm right aren't I.

Good day, sir.

Wait, no, I'm wrong you used the 39dll. I take that last bit back.

Now, I do say, good day sir.

Edited by Aragon1029, 30 July 2010 - 11:31 AM.

Rave Breakout! A new game for iOS devices!
Ever wondered how many lines of code your game has?
Guys, I have a great idea, let's protect the public through censorship.

#28 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:16 PM

You stole my name!

By the way, why'd you steal CSS's models and not even bother to change the icon let alone the name of the game before releasing?
Let me guess, you didn't write the C++ server either, did you. You probably took Brads.
Am I right?
I'm right aren't I.
Good day, sir.

My account is 5 days older then yours ^_^
The c++ server isn't write by my, but written by Michel, we work on the game together:D the game is made by JM Productions, JM stand for: J; Jelle (my real name) M;Michel (his real name)
The game that you downloaded is been build on an example with shaders, http://www.box.net/shared/or5x8njs1p
But in the game or non of them, just a blur when you zooming in. Even there is no collision. Just an icon i dont care about the Icon, the new game is build from the SDK.
Those models are from CS 1.6 do i think, i stole them from another project of game maker :whistle: we are busy with some candidates who gonna make our models. We already got a map maker.

#29 Hiddenaces

Hiddenaces

GMC Member

• 418 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:34 PM

movement seems slugish, i can jump out of the map and i hate the zoom( its horrible, pixalated) and some of the map has horrible joins in it. that said and done the rest of the game looks nice love the recoil on the gun and sounds good too. think this is a good start but needs alot of work yet to make it in to a great game.
Try it out
Code Snippets
What you got to lose :):)
My thread link to code snippets in the Tutorials and Examples forum
pop by and leave a comment.

#30 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 30 July 2010 - 12:44 PM

movement seems slugish, i can jump out of the map and i hate the zoom( its horrible, pixalated) and some of the map has horrible joins in it. that said and done the rest of the game looks nice love the recoil on the gun and sounds good too. think this is a good start but needs alot of work yet to make it in to a great game.

Oke i will that zoom in my mind, it added blur, i thought it would be realistic but i will have a look to other options, yeah i like the recoil either. That map is stolen from Counterstrike, the new map will be better and faster. The collision realy sucks in that version. Sounds and gun are not made by us. But those models are high quality, we want something like these guns.

#31 Skarik

Skarik

GMC member

• GMC Member
  • 1068 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

You stole my name!

Am I right?
I'm right aren't I.
Good day, sir.

My account is 5 days older then yours ^_^
The c++ server isn't write by my, but written by Michel, we work on the game together:D the game is made by JM Productions, JM stand for: J; Jelle (my real name) M;Michel (his real name)
The game that you downloaded is been build on an example with shaders, http://www.box.net/shared/or5x8njs1p
But in the game or non of them, just a blur when you zooming in. Even there is no collision. Just an icon i dont care about the Icon, the new game is build from the SDK.
Those models are from CS 1.6 do i think, i stole them from another project of game maker :whistle: we are busy with some candidates who gonna make our models. We already got a map maker.

Argh, gosh man. Now I know where I keep getting these download notifications. >.<

You guys gonna put the fresnel shaders in there any time soon? Or maybe that fake HDR? I'd say you would have to make that skybox first, though, right?

Edited by Skarik, 06 August 2010 - 07:27 PM.

#32 D8MIEN

D8MIEN

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 227 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

If you aren't using any of your own models I could make some for you. If you want just PM me.

#33 jsorgeagames

jsorgeagames

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 710 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 06:45 AM

Technically, the models DJKevy had in Lighted weren't from CS:S, they were mods for the game. Though I agree with ash47 that that particular FAMAS model is popping up in many GM first person shooters, mine included ;) http://a.imageshack....76/315/wpe7.png

#34 link3000

link3000

Link3000

• GMC Member
  • 1130 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 07:23 AM

Really nice work with this so far! I would appreciate better textures, ammo crates (were they there? Did I miss them?) and a dedicated server to show you the current games. Some suggestions I have:
-grenades
-optional 60fps room speed
-no default message boxes

Link3000

#35 borut

borut

Courage Wolf Productions

• GMC Member
  • 1457 posts

Posted 16 August 2010 - 07:09 PM

Well verry nice game and im guessing that you like counter strike and counter strike source :D

#36 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

If you aren't using any of your own models I could make some for you. If you want just PM me.

I gonnan PM you:)

Technically, the models DJKevy had in Lighted weren't from CS:S, they were mods for the game. Though I agree with ash47 that that particular FAMAS model is popping up in many GM first person shooters, mine included ;) http://a.imageshack....76/315/wpe7.png

I though i read that in his topic, but maybe a wrong.

Really nice work with this so far! I would appreciate better textures, ammo crates (were they there? Did I miss them?) and a dedicated server to show you the current games. Some suggestions I have:
-grenades
-optional 60fps room speed
-no default message boxes

60 FPS is not an option, my computer run this game @80 fps, but my laptop runs it @ 30-40 fps, it isn't fair to other player
Yeah those message are bad:P
Grenades is something for the future.
Ohyeah, Ammo crates would be a nice idea, THQ

#37 Pikmon2

Pikmon2

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 26 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 07:36 PM

looks good.

Current Project: City(Simulation/One Object Contest) GM Version: GM Mac & Studio Standard

#38 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 04:54 PM

click for an image
The menu interface is almost done.

#39 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 05:07 AM

Why post old screenshots? You just turned me off the game by doing that...
Posted Image

PRESS IT
\/

#40 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 12 November 2010 - 07:14 AM

Why post old screenshots? You just turned me off the game by doing that...

http://g2f.nl/k9m06w
And the a screen of the menu is in the first post.
I'm bussy with school now (got a school exam week). over 3 hours i'm done:D

#41 Tazzcz

Tazzcz

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 12:19 PM

Hello, please link to the download you can not always be displayed only if you want to record something about probably not work. Could you please send me a new link? Thanks ... Excuse my bad English.

#42 borut

borut

Courage Wolf Productions

• GMC Member
  • 1457 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:00 PM

insane m8! Worth for 3 years of working! :D

#43 ash47

ash47

O_o

• GMC Member
  • 1347 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:02 PM

Check the post dates? It's long dead...
Posted Image

PRESS IT
\/

#44 borut

borut

Courage Wolf Productions

• GMC Member
  • 1457 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:19 PM

Of course it's not :D Finaly I saw this topic. Aragon was showing me it like a week ago :D

#45 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:49 AM

ash47, it is not dead. I will add the screen-shots. This time I thought it should be better to not bumb this topic.

Look to the first post for some new screens!

Things we did:
Created teams (with spectator mode;just watching how other people are playing)
Shaders
New map
Added more sounds
Menu is done
Optimized the game code
Realistic blood [same as in counter-strike]
Add new radar system
Better weapon shooting
Spawn points

#46 Glance

Glance

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:21 AM

That looks sweet! :D
I really like the guns, did you make them your selves or did you rip em? :P

One suggestion though, you should make an online lobby that tells you all of the available servers. That could be easily done with a php dll and a free website host.

click the + button below if this post helped you

#47 Ichiroku

Ichiroku

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 237 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:04 PM

You forgot to translate some dutch texts to english :P. Like leaving the game, both server and client say "Je hebt het spel verlaten", which means "You have left the game".
Also when aiming down sight it still doesn't aim very well (it can hit at a random spot around the aim, instead close to it).
Last point would be that there's not reloading at all, it just shifts to the next round and I can just hold my button and get through all magazines without reloading :P.

Good luck with ur game =)

#48 Aragon

Aragon

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 142 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:23 PM

@mastersem, no that aiming is good, the bullet come out of the gun, not out of the camera. And it is an old version. We have rebuild everything same as the text. And the new version will include ammo crates or an ammo box (we haven't decided yet)

@glance, it is already done. The serverlist is really good/fast.

And some other things we added in the last 4/5 months:
Accounts + experience
New player models (not finished yet)

#49 borut

borut

Courage Wolf Productions

• GMC Member
  • 1457 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:31 PM

Aragon, can you open a temporary server?

#50 Glance

Glance

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 04:43 PM

So when do you think you will be able to release the new version to the public?
can't wait to see what the next version will be like :D

click the + button below if this post helped you