• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 mutamike

mutamike

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:22 AM

This simple global warming simulator shows why sustainable use of resources is so important for the planet.

http://home.metroweb..._sgg/m2m7_1.htm

Enjoy!
mutamike

#2 Exwhyzed

Exwhyzed

The Perfect Pedant

• 656 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 03 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

Thought you might like a comment, so here's a running commentary of my playing the game:

It takes a while to download. It had better be worth it. Whoops, it's open. Just one file, in a ZIP? What's the point?
No need to extract this then... Double click, open and what the hell? Oh right, they're particles? Euch.
I press a button and whoah? What's happened? Ok, it's not happening again, let's look at the help file.

Whoah, why is this so long? And Bible quotes? If I wasn't doing a commentary, that would have made me exit straight away. I don't care if you believe in God, but please, don't smother me in your beliefs. Ok, let's click on him a bit more. Now there are two of them.
Now there's one again. Ooh, a toy!

Ok, let's continue.
Now he's dead. Alright, an odd game, but the idea might work. The particles didn't really add much, and the Bible quotes really took away. 3/5

#3 mutamike

mutamike

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:39 AM

You can turn off particle visibility using the switch on the factory.

#4 jetha

jetha

GMC Member

• 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

The point of ZIPs is to reduce download time.

Just like u need greenhouse gases 4 global warming so u need the particles in the sim.

hahaha. U must get smothered easily. As an atheist i dont accept the guys beliefs either but 4 fuuck sake they came at the end of the help file. u dont have to keep it open if u fel smothered.

its not a game its a sim. The idea does work. Christian north america who is screwing up the planet needs to get the idea.

Edited by FredFredrickson, 13 December 2010 - 08:34 PM.

#5 RamboFox

RamboFox

Tainted Fortune

• 992 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 09:13 AM

The point of ZIPs is to reduce download time.

Just like u need greenhouse gases 4 global warming so u need the particles in the sim.

hahaha. U must get smothered easily. As an atheist i dont accept the guys beliefs either but 4 fuuck sake they came at the end of the help file. u dont have to keep it open if u fel smothered.

its not a game its a sim. The idea does work. Christian north america who is screwing up the planet needs to get the idea.

Lol nice first post on the GMC.

Also, this game just doesn't cut it. It's too restricted - even for a supposed "toy". And the bible quotes... They just killed the fun off.
Just as quickly as I killed the poor bugger. :wacko:

#6 mutamike

mutamike

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 11:13 AM

The program is a serious sim for kids - not entertainment. The restrictions are part of the point. Take from the tree too quickly and no more toys to play with. The world is restricted - we cannot do just anything to the planet and survive.

To extend an idea in Ecclesiastes: There is a time for fun and a time for seriousness.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users