Drawing Orthographic

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hooves

Hooves

GMC Member

• 23 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:48 AM

right, so I have this thing I want to do, I want to be able to draw orthographic on a 2d plane by using sinus and cosinus. I am not sure how to achieve this. but I want to be able to let's say, have some points, make some of them form a triangle, and then I want to be able to rotate that orthographic model by using the zrot / xrot / yrot variables. the reason for this is that through this I will know the EXACT 2D pixel position because I will calculate where the point / triangle will be. I tried this and messed up big time... and I mean big time. and please dont tell me to use d3d, because in d3d --> set ortho mode I know that it is achieveable to VIEW it, but I wont in any hell know the exact 2D coordinations of let's say the 5th triangle's start point of a random model :P sorry for asking such a weird question... but hey.. I havent asked it yet:D, so the question would be like.. how would I begin with setting up a way to draw points as if they were 3D in ortho projection but never ever entering 3D or d3d? like... pointx=xoffset+cos(degtorad(pointrotation+rotation
))*length or something like that >_> I dont know :< help meee! :<

#2 Hooves

Hooves

GMC Member

• 23 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 03:06 AM

no response is 5 days >_> come on GM community! you've got to have some kind of knowledge about this! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users