• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 16 April 2010 - 06:13 PM

Editor14

Sorry people, but it only supports GM8.

[Includes]
-Multi-texturing (16 textures)
-Built in collisions (Handled through a modded version of p3dc.dll)
-Password protection on both the map and your textures
-Support for 32 different types of objects
-Support for every GameMaker 3D primitive except ellipsoid (block, cylinder, cone, wall and floor)
-Lighting support (new screen)
-Triangle Strips (Fan's coming soon)
-Add Ramps (slanted walls with four different vertexes)
-Flip the faces of walls etc.
-Force everything to face up (useful for making floors and twirly stairs). Use this is combination with flip faces to create roofs for your rooms
-Add A Z-increment value (If you please) that will add a constant to the Z of every shape, useful for making ramps (twirling) and stairs (blocky)
-3 Different views, one 2D (for editing) and two 3D ones (for viewing the map in realtime as you edit it)
-All maps can possibly work 100% with culling (if you flip the faces in the correct direction etc.)

NEW SCREEN FROM GAME I'M DEVELOPING (Output map) - Only 768 polys
Lighting enabled, NO FOG (check out screens in links below, same map)
Posted Image
And more from this game, I'm still deving it over the summer
Screen2
Screen3

Old Screen (V1.0)
Posted Image

[Includes, but not functioning]
NOT RECOMMENDED TO USE THE FOLLOWING FEATURES, YOU'LL NEED TO RE-PROGRAM THEM YOURSELVES IN THE EDITABLE EXAMPLE TO MAKE IT WORK
-A [not working very well] terrain system. I wouldn't recommend using it in it's current state. Collisions are not detected on it yet, and it is hard to edit
-A [not working very well] path system, allowing you to make 3D paths. You can currently add path points and that's about all.

Download the .zip file here, HOWEVER also download the below link and replace the exe: Download
Replace the exe in the download above with this one, to fix a major error: Download Fixed EXE 1.1
Also Check out: GameDev Studio
To make your own texture packs, you'll need this. Place the .gmk in the same folder as Editor14 is extracted to, and run it in GM8. Texture Packer Link
If you use this to make a map, CREDIT is REQUIRED to Brett Binnersley (AKA: Brett14).

Please leave feedback if you use it ---> The more error reports I get the better I will be able to make it. Also please leave requests (that are not in the coming soon section), because this will also make it easier for everybody to use.
Thanks
~~Brett14;

Credits:
Brett Binnersley (AKA: Brett14) -> Making Editor14 and P3DC.dll
Samuel Hanson (Hanson) -> Making Modmodcollisions, P3DC.dll wouldn't have been possible without this
Thomas Moller -> 3D Collision code
Icuurd12b42 -> Making GMBinfile, Editor14 uses this to save the maps, and I integrated some of it's code into P3DC to load the maps. GMBinfile is NOT required to load maps, just to save them.

Edited by brett14, 14 March 2012 - 03:49 AM.

P3DC V6.00 | Editor14 | Large 3D Terrain

GML programmer since 2005, C/C++ programmer since 2009, Java programmer since 2012

#2 Brother156

Brother156

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:38 PM

haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. I will edit when I get arround to testing it.

#3 Brother156

Brother156

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:43 PM

haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. I will edit when I get arround to testing it.

EDIT:
Wow, this works great! I haven't tried to load it in GM yet, but I will in a minute. It is easy to use, but it would be better if I could change the size of the different views.

EDIT2:
Oh! Sorry, somehow I posted twice! But I editing again to tell you a small glitch:

for object obj_selecttex:

Error in code at line 5:
str=str+"Tex"+string(i+1)+": "+global.back_name[i]+"|"
^
at position 40: Unknown variable back_name or array index out of bounds

I got it when I clicked the "Select Texture" button... So I can't really use any textures...

Edited by Brother156, 16 April 2010 - 07:53 PM.

#4 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 07:53 PM

I'll try to add that, currently the resolution and screen sizes are fixed. Thanks for the comment. To see the map loaded into a game, try the example included (.gmk)

[EDIT]
Thats a major easy to fix glitch... Can't beleive i didn't quickly test that ^_^
I'll fix that asap, thanks. It was a glitch on my part, i acidently went texturename[0]=name, instead of texturename[i]

Edited by brett14, 16 April 2010 - 08:01 PM.

GML programmer since 2005, C/C++ programmer since 2009, Java programmer since 2012

#5 Brother156

Brother156

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:10 PM

Ok, I tried the example, and it ran really nice. But at some points my fps dropped if i looked at a figure with may polygons.

#6 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:13 PM

Okay, fixed the download link (well follow the other download link, and replace the exe)

But at some points my fps dropped if i looked at a figure with may polygons.

What did it drop to? Uncap the fps, and please tell me your average, thanks.

Edited by brett14, 16 April 2010 - 08:15 PM.

#7 Brother156

Brother156

GMC Member

• Validating
  • 498 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:22 PM

If I remember correctly, it was around 150 or so...
But I just tried to use the texture packer and it failed miserably. It just froze and I can't even close it :GM064:
But I'm sure I could use Task Manger to take care of it :D
I wonder why it's not working?

EDIT:
What??? The editor isn't working either! ANd for some reason I have 94 Chrome tasks open... But only one Chrome window... ^_^

And I just tried to run another GM game and it didn't work... I better restart my computer. lol.
I might not be able to respond for a couple minutes.

Edited by Brother156, 16 April 2010 - 08:25 PM.

#8 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

The texture packer seems to work fine on my computer, try it again after. I'll test it on my other computer to see if it works fine.

Also, 150fps isn't a bad framerate, it's actually quite good. I'm still going to make more optimizations though as speed with a GM engine means almost everything.

Edited by brett14, 16 April 2010 - 08:41 PM.

#9 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 4301 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:41 PM

oh my...
my screen resolution is 1280x720. the editor window is too tall for my computer. this causes the mouse to hover over buttons incorrectly and the bottom 3d view to overlap.

http://img202.images...81/screenrb.jpg

the ZMax box should light up when i hover over it like all the other buttons, and have a blinking line so i know when i'm typing in it.
the little comment boxes need to be like 16 pixels to the right of the mouse so i can read them. you should go back and re write some of them, this comment box should be talking about the bottom 3d view, not the top.

http://img227.images...41/screen2p.jpg

i got stuck between a ramp and ceiling in one of the examples.

http://img219.images...623/scren3v.jpg

that's all the glitches i could find in 5 minutes. i didn't see any way to select and delete objects in the editor, you should add a way or put some info in the help.
pretty nice editor, nothing lagged for me.

5y5rs3d.pngfg0UQNL.png

#10 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 08:48 PM

@slayer64

#1 - In the next version I'm planning on adding 3 different screen sizes (instead of 1) and GM7 support because the more people it supports the better.
#2 - Fixed the comment - easy fix, it was a very minor glitch
#3 - As for getting stuck In the roof looks like I'm going to have to rewrite the collision code, shouldn't be too hard (On the gml side, not the dll)

And for selecting objects ATM you can't, sorry. I plan on adding support soon though.

Edited by brett14, 16 April 2010 - 08:49 PM.

#11 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 10:48 PM

wow, great job! not only on the editor but the optimization too!
I was very impressed with the editor so far and I cannot wait until you've added more features!
do lights work with this? I tried adding a light on the white block but nothing seems to light up.
Good luck and please, whatever you do, don't give up on this project! GM NEEDS A GOOD FREE 3D LEVEL EDITOR!

oh, a suggestion.
merge all models and textures and output a single model and a single texture.

Edited by Newly Discovered, 17 April 2010 - 12:49 AM.

poof_sig.png

#12 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 02:37 AM

Lights don't work yet however all I need is the code to correctly calculate the normal of a triangle and it'll work. If you can get me this it'll be in right away (I asked it in the 3D questions)

I've already thought of merging all the models and textures but there was a problem... texture repeating. (IE: A wall with a texture stretched 8 times along the X axis). It'd massively increase the poly count if I merged the models, so I decided to use 16 different models and textures. Also it isn't that much slower than drawing 1 model with 1 texture.

[EDIT]
All triangles now have normals that work, thanks to slayer64's help in this topic. So @ Newly Discovered, lighting will work with the next release however they do not work in the current one.
[/EDIT]

Edited by brett14, 17 April 2010 - 03:40 AM.

#13 W0lfbane

W0lfbane

GMC Member

• 40 posts

Posted 28 April 2010 - 06:27 AM

Bump?
Is this still being worked on?

If so, I have found 2 bugs so far:

1- The Raise/Lower button for terrain is un-clickable.
2- In FPS view, if you move off the map, you get pushed to the top of the map, and get stuck, and exiting FPS view and re-entering doesn't reset your position.

This is a really good map editor, but I would like to be able to use it for terrain (more easily)

[edit]
Fail.
Sorry. Didn't fully read the first post:

-A [not working very well] terrain system. I wouldn't recommend using it in it's current state. Collisions are not detected on it yet, and it is hard to edit
-A [not working very well] path system, allowing you to make 3D paths. You can currently add path points and that's about all.

[Coming Soon...]
-Hotkeys for *all* tools
-GM7 support (export as a gm7 compatible map)
-Fix the path support (Finish implementing it)
-Show the direction of the face that you're currently adding
-
-*low priority* fix the terrain, this will be the hardest thing to fix and finish implementing so it is the lowest priority

Sorry about that.
[/edit]

Edited by W0lfbane, 28 April 2010 - 06:54 AM.

#14 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 04:23 AM

Yeah, its being worked on slowly. I'm probably going to give out the next version this weekend. Currently the new version (unreleased) has the following new things so expect to see them in the next release.

- Maps now all have normals -> Which means you can use lighting!
- You can now color all the vertexes, allowing for some nice effects. (IE: make one wall green and another blue if you wanted)
- 3 Different resolutions are now included (along with fullscreen) -> Smaller rooms have more compressed buttons
You can now select already placed objects and move/delete them, this allows for much easier manipulation of the maps, and can help you to reduce error
- The textures are now more accurate to each other, and you won't experience as many "rips" in the texture (cut off then starting again). You may experience this if you place 2 single blocks beside each other, or walls that are not a multiple of 16 in every direction.
- You can select already placed objects/walls etc. and move/delete them. This allows you to easily change what you've already done (instead of undo then do it all again)
-Hotkeys for all the shapes
-A few other minor things, most of which will probably go unnoticed

Also there are a bunch of bug fixes.
1- Fixed a major bug with the cones, making it so when you add one every shape added afterward would have screwed up texture co-ordinates
2- Fixed the bug you mentioned about flying into the air
3- Fixed a minor tooltip bug

I'm working on documenting how to do many things in the editor, and how it works as well so that is taking a little bit of time too.

[Edit]
Fixed spelling, and added the fixed bug list
[/Edit]
[Edit2]
I'm pretty sure I've just added gm7 support (have not tested it yet), I'll test it tomorrow but I've have got to go to bed now.
[/EDIT2]

Edited by brett14, 29 April 2010 - 05:16 AM.

#15 Endorel

Endorel

GMC Member

• Banned Users
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 12:52 AM

Looks great! I tested it but it's messed up on my screen.

#16 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 13 May 2010 - 01:35 AM

You need a bigger screen (resolution), and also I've released a newer version to a select few testers who I know to test it. It has the option to select a smaller resolution if needed along with a bunch of other things and many bug fixes.

Edited by brett14, 13 May 2010 - 01:37 AM.

#17 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 10:42 AM

I wanted to check something, will there be a d3d export for the maps as a single model?
if there's any way I could export a model and import it into another modeling application, one that renders, like blender for example, I could create great maps and bake ao, lighting, and different uv mapping for better texture support...PLEASE INCLUDE EXPORTING!

Edited by Newly Discovered, 14 May 2010 - 10:42 AM.

poof_sig.png

#18 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 12:01 AM

I could add that, however it would be uv mapped very oddly.

#19 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:11 AM

well if I can export it and import into blender, I can re-uv map it if needed.

poof_sig.png

#20 Kilin08

Kilin08

GMC Member

• 132 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 06:45 AM

Very excellent tool you have here. Besides what was mentioned above, I only have one complaint.
I can't seem to find any "delete" function for primitives that you set down. If it's even in there at all, you should make it more visible. And if not, it's absolutely essential to any map maker.

Since it's not complete, I don't expect a documentation, but some explanation would be nice, such as the aforementioned delete feature (you can't expect me to believe you made your example maps all in one go).

The password protection is troublesome, and I think the editor would be a lot better without. Sure, we don't want players editing our maps with a public tool, but the textures need password protection?

Besides a few quirks here and there, the program is surprisingly solid. The collision engine is seamless for the most part (at least when a good user builds a map), and overall I was pretty impressed with the P3DC DLL.

Good work. And keep it up.

Edited by Kilin08, 08 June 2010 - 06:46 AM.

"You think you're doing some damage? Two plus two is f-f-f-f-f...ten. IN BASE FOUR, I'M FINE!"
- GLaDOS

#21 B Factory LLC

B Factory LLC

We're awesome!!

• 511 posts

Posted 08 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

Few things.

1. How do you increase the Z on objects like cubes or walls that you may want slanted. You're not clear in the instructions.... Never mind, figured it out..

2. PLLEEEAAASSSEEE add full support for terrain and make it less quearky. Ever since you stopped working on Dark Region, our projects have been halted! Please add terrain support so we can continue.

3. Write some instructions please. We had trouble starting out w/ this!

Edited by B Factory LLC, 09 June 2010 - 12:53 AM.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. If an elephant has its foot on the tail of a mouse and you say that you are neutral, the mouse will not

appreciate your neutrality.

Posted Image

Anti-Wikileaks Bill introduced in US Congress! (When the giant is mad, it hits hard...)

"So this is how liberty dies. With thunderous applause." - Padme

"The ruling class has the schools and press under its thumb. This enables it to sway the emotions of the masses." - Albert Einstein

Please check out my blog: My link

#22 RTII

RTII

RT

• 402 posts

Posted 09 June 2010 - 09:00 AM

This is great! I haven't took the time to learn it but it looks easier than most I've seen. Maybe it'll come useful sometime.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
My Games | RT-dev | RTII forum | Fight My Brute | Grayscale Corporation Forum
Please read and follow the closed, or your account may be Signature Rules.

#23 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:38 PM

@B RobinT

This is great! I haven't took the time to learn it but it looks easier than most I've seen. Maybe it'll come useful sometime.

Thanks

@B Factory LLC

PLLEEEAAASSSEEE add full support for terrain and make it less quearky.

I have actually halted this project [temporarily?] and am in the middle of creating a mix between Editor14 and Dark Region. Currently I have the terrain editor working and on each region of the terrain you can make buildings and such. It works the exact same as both of them [almost] becuase 90% of the code was ripped from those two projects and combined into one.

Write some instructions please. We had trouble starting out w/ this!

Sorry, as stated above this is halted [temporarily]. It all depends on how my new editor turns out, if I like the results I'll stop this and work on it, but if I think it turns out like crap I'll continue working on Editor14.

@Kilin08

I can't seem to find any "delete" function for primitives that you set down.

Click "Delete" [keyboard] when you have the shaoe you want to delete selected.

#24 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 17 July 2010 - 08:40 AM

Updated first post info... and of course:
Bump.

PS: I think the new screen will attract a bit of attention from people.

Edited by brett14, 17 July 2010 - 08:41 AM.

#25 Jade

Jade

GMC Member

• 103 posts

Posted 02 August 2010 - 06:19 PM

Error defining external function. Yes I tried both exes.

I also get this with the Precise Collisions Example.

Using Windows Vista and GM7

EDIT: This is happening on some GM games not just yours.

Edited by #107885, 02 August 2010 - 06:29 PM.

Thinking of what to put in my signature...

#26 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 02:47 AM

Restart you're computer. It should work fine. It will run for you fine, and you can create maps although they cannot be loaded with GM7. Sorry.

#27 Jade

Jade

GMC Member

• 103 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:14 PM

Restart you're computer. It should work fine. It will run for you fine, and you can create maps although they cannot be loaded with GM7. Sorry.

Nope restarting my computer has nothing to do with it, the error arose from DLL's using .Net framework. Anyone without the .Net framework will not be able to play DLL's using the corresponding .Net framework. This is most likely because you compiled the DLL with MSVC++.
Thinking of what to put in my signature...

#28 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:21 PM

You're right, Although I thought that compiling dll's in VC++ only required the .Net framework to compile not to run? Am I sadly mistaken and should recompile with the GNU GCC compiler?

Edited by brett14, 06 August 2010 - 08:21 PM.

#29 effexgames

effexgames

GMC Member

• 189 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 08:49 PM

Yes, recompile using a GNU compiler. The .Net framework is Microsoft's counterpart to the JRE, it's a runtime environment: you compile programs to run on it, not compile with it. You need the .Net framework to run programs/call functions from a DLL compiled for the framework. Hope this clears things up.

Edited by effexgames, 06 August 2010 - 08:50 PM.

"I suffer from a bad form of feature creep; I have not completed a game in a long time."

XKCD anyone?
The curse of software programming
For any tech savvy person

Any questions about programming? Need help with something in particular? Send me a PM. Please, no team requests or any of that jazz.

My favorite identity: "e ^ (i * pi) - 1 = 0"

#30 Zeond Games

Zeond Games

Tactical Recon Developer

• GMC Member
  • 115 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 10:44 PM

Awesome, you are very skilled at d3d but i still prefer u3d.

Lead Programmer of-
Posted Image
Contributes to-
Posted Image
Develops in-
Posted Imagehttp://www.unity3d.com

#31 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 10 August 2010 - 11:00 PM

Thanks. This is actually really updated using static shadows and pathfinding however that version is not updated. I was/am (on and off) making a game with this. I have also made a couple of other things (my sig). Also in the works is a combination of this, dark region and my new terrain engine (sig)

#32 theweirdn8

theweirdn8

Unrivaled Legend

• GMC Member
  • 4108 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:25 AM

wow if only you showed mercy on the broke ppl who have gm7 and can not afford gm8.

[My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard]

2h2fg3c.png

#33 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 12:59 AM

Sorry, but GM7 is not support because

A) I don't have it anymore and more importantly
B) The vertex limit in GM7 is 1000, GM8's is 32000. This causes compatibility problems
with the engine. I could wrap the vertexes every 999 but that'd slow it down.

In conclusion: Get GM8 if you want to use this. Its dirt cheap for a program of its quality
and buying it supports the GM team.

#34 Nial8r

Nial8r

GMC Member

• 341 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 01:28 AM

The example didn't work for me, it said that te program crashed, then it proceded to do so.

EDIT: How do i move an object once i put it down?

Edited by Nial8r, 12 August 2010 - 01:36 AM.

Nial8r Studios

If I help you in any way, or I made you smile, please press the green plus over on the right, at the bottom of this post. Thanks! :D

#35 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 03:09 AM

Do you mean objects or shapes (blocks etc.)
To move shapes:
click on the corner of the shape you've selected and drag it.

If you mean objects (object list):
You can't move an object once you place it down. Just delete it (right mouse button overtop of it when adding objects) and place it where you want it to be.

#36 megafan

megafan

GMC Member

• 42 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

So how do you make your own texture packs? That's the only thing I can't seem to figure out.

#37 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 13 September 2010 - 05:05 AM

Steps to create the texture pack:
1) Open Texture Packer.gmk in gm8 (included).
2) Run it
3) Add textures (Add texture button)
4) Save the texture pack (password is given)
To load a texture pack you've already made to edit it again, use the "Load Texture Pack" button. A password is required.

To load it, there's a small button near the bottom of Editor14, click it, select the texture pack and type in the password. It is used the same as the example loading a map.

Edited by brett14, 13 September 2010 - 05:07 AM.

#38 megafan

megafan

GMC Member

• 42 posts

Posted 14 September 2010 - 01:21 AM

Steps to create the texture pack:
1) Open Texture Packer.gmk in gm8 (included).
2) Run it
3) Add textures (Add texture button)
4) Save the texture pack (password is given)
To load a texture pack you've already made to edit it again, use the "Load Texture Pack" button. A password is required.

To load it, there's a small button near the bottom of Editor14, click it, select the texture pack and type in the password. It is used the same as the example loading a map.

For some reason I don't have one... is it not included in the zip file with the editor14 program?

#39 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 04:20 AM

Wow... I forgot it in this release. There's a couple of them out there (including one source, however I don't give that one out to everybody). Anyways, download this and put it in the SAME folder as Editor14.exe. Run the program, and you'll be able to create a texture pack.
Texture Packer

Cheers
~~Brett14;

#40 Nial8r

Nial8r

GMC Member

• 341 posts

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:28 PM

It would be cool if you could import your own 3d objects.
Nial8r Studios

If I help you in any way, or I made you smile, please press the green plus over on the right, at the bottom of this post. Thanks! :D

#41 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:39 PM

You sort of can. Create an object, place it in the editor and that represents the X,Y,Z position of an object in your game. Load your game and import the 3D object.

#42 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 31 December 2010 - 06:23 AM

man this level editor is great, though... if only it had a 2D zoom feature too... then it'd be unstoppable.

I noticed there's a slight collision glitch.
I was making boxes, like a 2 in the grid size and I go to jump on it but every time something different happens.
try it out.

also this thing could seriously use visual texture list...1, we know exactly what texture we're using and 2, we can verify it's the right texture pack...those have never really worked out for me in the past.

poof_sig.png

#43 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 02 January 2011 - 03:14 AM

This is a dead project, except for that I keep a personal version that has many new features included. These are things like fake baked lighting, faster collisions (P3DC V5.00), remove unseen faces and giving surfaces ID's so that you can identify them. This will probably never get updated (by me) again.

The 2 main reasons are:
1) There was VERY little interest in the project (only a few people used it, and <100 downloads)
2) The new version (my personal version) does feature many new things but it is full of bugs

Going to the bug, that bug is just me programming quick collisions over accurate ones with P3DC.dll. You can fix it if you want in the source version as well as update it and do whatever changes to it you please as long as I get credit as the original creator. I PM'ed you the password required to download it.
Editor14 Source Code Link

Edited by brett14, 02 January 2011 - 03:15 AM.

#44 Newly Discovered

Newly Discovered

Harmonious Genius

• GMC Member
  • 2475 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 09:43 AM

how do I see the fake baked lighting?

poof_sig.png

#45 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:45 AM

It's not in the version that I gave you; only the version I have on my comp. It's unstable and the levels have to made in a certain way to get it to work. Sorry :( , and I'm working on making a new editor which will support it. Here's what my version looks like.

~~Brett14;

Link

#46 brett14

brett14

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 1151 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:45 PM

No sorry, and none will come either. I've stopped using gamemaker as of a few months ago, I only keep P3DC up to date and lurk the forums. Also, I re-installed windows recently and only kept some important files, all the editor14 source code was lost.

On the other hand, I've been working on a project in C++ recently (for the past 6-7 months) that I think this community will find very interesting. It will be released before the new year.

Edited by brett14, 25 September 2011 - 07:51 PM.

#47 CGPM

CGPM

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 02:23 PM

Download link doesn't work.

#48 Himanshu

Himanshu

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

link not working :skull: :confused:

#49 NYS

NYS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 453 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:12 PM

Could you please fix the links?

#50 Futhark

Futhark

• GMC Member
  • 891 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 03:29 PM

No sorry, and none will come either. I've stopped using gamemaker as of a few months ago

Sad to hear that, and even sadder to hear you lost the code :-(

I've been working on a project in C++ recently (for the past 6-7 months) that I think this community will find very interesting. It will be released before the new year.

Ooooh! Does anyone here know what this project was/is? (link to it, please)

My GMC Board Display Settings:
I can NOT see your sig, pics or avatars.
Let me know if I miss anything important you're trying to show me.

Information Overbloat Error in Function:Eye