MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 10 April 2010 - 07:01 PM

Game Name and Description:

MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X

PC Demo 4.0.1 Released, over 4 hours of story-wise gameplay!

It's been a year since the Cybeasts threatened the peace of the world. Lan and friends think life can't be better,living in a quiet, peaceful net society. Deep inside, Lan wants to relive the days of defeating net criminals, and saving lives... Soon he will get his wish, because a dark secret is about to threaten the earth.

Many years ago, a beast was unleashed upon the Net. Sci Lab created a powerful program to subdue the beast, but it swallowed up their weapon before it could take effect. This program was named "Program Z". This monster went out of control, swallowing up everything that stood in its way. The Net Society was in peril, until a pure hearted duo rose to save the day. This duo was none other than Lan and MegaMan.

A mysterious group named "Red Infinity" wants to resurrect the beast with the remains of the Z Program. Its members are gathering "Z Parts" from around the world. While Lan is at Sci Lab one day, a mysterious navi attacks and steals an old document from Sci Lab's computers... What could be in this old file that Red Infinity would want?

What did this navi steal from MegaMan, crippling him at the scene of the battle? Stay tuned to more updates from Megaman Battle Network - Chrono X to find out!

Hello everyone! I'm MaxRock, creator and programmer of MMBN Chrono X.
So what is Chrono X? Chrono X is a freeware MMBN fangame being made by MD(MegaDudes) Productions, started in 2009. Currently it's the most progressive BN fangame on the net (Even that we have very small team).
Note: Please ignore all grammar mistakes in the game, as english is not my native language, and even with having our plot writer checking the texts on each test, there can still be some left~
Note: X, Zero & CO NOT gonna appear in the game, same goes for S.S MegaMan.

4th Demo Release Video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itbCgrle6IU

Category: Action RPG

File Size: ~40MB

GM Version: GM8

Changes Screen Resolution: No

Download Link:

ZIP (Remember to extract everything before running!!!): Link

Default Controls

Z = A
X = B
A = L
S = R
ENTER = START
ARROWS = Arrows
BACKSPACE = SELECT
F4 = Screen Mode select

The Team:

MaxRock: CEO/Programmer/Spriter

Killer336: Plotter/Co-Boss

MidniteW: Spriter

WindsOfThePast: Spriter

PrincessZelda: Spriter

NettoPainter: Spriter

SoulRed12: Music Composer

JusteDesserts: Artist

Site and forum's link:

http://mmbnchronox.com/

Have a nice play:D

In case the music is not being played, restart the PC few times, and run the game again! If this does not help, install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.

SAVE FILES FROM 3RD DEMO ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DEMO 4.X.X AND UP!!

Edited by MaxRock, 02 January 2013 - 10:43 PM.

#2 chickenlittle

chickenlittle

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:09 PM

o.0 This looks interesting.... i suppose it's time to download...

Edited by chickenlittle, 01 August 2010 - 04:22 PM.

#3 chickenlittle

chickenlittle

GMC Member

• 16 posts

Posted 01 August 2010 - 04:12 PM

Wow this game looks soo cool! I hope more people join it!

#4 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 January 2011 - 08:50 PM

Guess it's time for small update about 4th demo. Okay, won't be small cause in the amount of the work I just forgot to update here^^;

Note: Sometimes our site/forum's host goes offline so there's a chance it will not load for you. In that case just wait some time and try to reload the page. Also all bugs from 3rd demo are fixed, soo 4th gonna be free from them, as well as free from the one that saudio.dll is causing sometimes at start.

==SCREENSHOTS==

Title screen's screenie
Updated Title screen!
Posted Image
As you can see metro's map has changed from 3rd demo.
Posted Image
Library fully accessable! (Note: standard library's not at screenshot to not spoil things,
also not all programed mega chips are visible on the list as well(again, to not spoil))
Posted Image
Some new viruses!
Posted Image
Concert Hall's building!
Posted Image
Punk navis from BN6 finally battleable!

I would post more screenies but theres limit for pics in one post >.<
For more screenies visit project's website^^

==VIDEOS==
4th demo's lite teaser video
MMBN Chrono X's AD video

==Misc.==
Chrono X is now on Facebook!
ADD US AS FRIENDS
LIKE OUR COMMUNITY
Arts are viewable on the project's website.

Edited by MaxRock, 23 January 2011 - 12:16 PM.

#5 shrooms

shrooms

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

Love this game :D
always will be a megaman network fan :P

#6 coding

coding

GMC Member

• 195 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 05:17 AM

This game is great. Keep it up.
Also my down key is broken. Is there a way you can change it to WASD. For W for up S for down A for left and D for riight?

Edited by coding, 05 February 2011 - 05:18 AM.

#7 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 11:17 AM

Of course there would be a way to change the controls, but it would take too long(having on mind the amount of scripts and objects X-x), besides 90% of peoples are used to VisualBoyAdvance standard keys, so I not gonna change the controls xD
If you have a gamepad you can try to use joy2key app to emulate keyboard buttons on it. Link to this app
EDIT: Or use the arrows on numpad(remember to first turn NumLock off first^^)

Edited by MaxRock, 05 February 2011 - 11:25 AM.

#8 coding

coding

GMC Member

• 195 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 04:42 PM

Thanks, I will try that.

#9 Consoft

Consoft

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:47 AM

I refuse to install a GM made game. Please provide either a YoYo Games url or a .zip version of the game.

YoYo Games WIP Forum Rules - You must provide a non-installer version. Installers are allowed, as long as a non-installer is ALSO provided

Edited by Consoft, 06 February 2011 - 10:47 AM.

#10 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:38 PM

Here you have it: http://www.mediafire...ev2elexnn4e739l It's accessable on project's site longer than the installer one.
Also link to my YoYo Game's profile is on my sig o-o
Belive me or not, but I had to make the installer. Some peoples just... don't know how to extract rar,zip 7zip files, seriously XD
I got too many emails with bugs(which were caused by game not being able to load external files), when I told them to extract, they were like "wuuut? how? make vid!". Some even tried to run the zip file on GBA emulator.... and PM-ed its not working and which emulator opens zip file._.

#11 Consoft

Consoft

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 03:38 PM

LOL!
That's fair enough then :)
I write everything down I notice as I play, so here we go:
In the first room (classroom), the girl at the front of the class, standing next to the girl at the desk: "Of course, I'll propably forget everything anyway", you spelled probably wrong.
When I checked my mail, the mail with the subject "Virus Scan" has a bit where it says "your electronic devices may sudenly break down", suddenly is spelled wrong.
During the first encounter in the Net world (forgive my terminology, I have not played a Megaman Battle Network game before), the green and yellow man surrounded by three hard-hats says "I have no buisness with you", you spelled business wrong.
During the tutorial of how to battle, MegaMan says "Here are my HP!", this should be "Here is my HP". He then says, "I'll be deleted if they reach 0!" This should be "I'll be deleted if it reaches 0".
During the second tutorial of how to battle (the one with support chips), Megaman says "You forget, already?". "forget" should be "forgot".
The chance of facing wild opponents is frustratingly high, and it heavily impacted on me wanting to explore the world.
When you pick up the Fridge Part, Lan says "I'm starving from hungry", which should be "I'm starving from hunger"... even then that doesn't really make sense, it's probably better that you just leave it as "I'm starving!"

Okay I stopped playing after I picked up the briefcase (mainly because I didn't know if I was meant to take it to him in the real world or in the online world... how do I find out?)
Now that we already have got all the bad out of the way, here is the GOOD!:
The engine was very solid and clean - collisions were perfect, chat scrolling was perfect speed, battle mechanics were really quite fun to play around with
Exploring was actually kinda cool, although I think there's more you could add to that.
Testing this on my netbook with a small resolution was really good, but I tested this on my PC as well which has a ludicrous resolution.. I was glad to see you left F4 to fullscreen, that way I was able to see everything ^_^
Controls were just like a GBA emulator (obviously), and because GBA emus only have limited buttons, the control scheme was simple and intuitive.
Considering I had never played a game like this before, you did a brilliant job at executing a tutorial. I managed to pick up the gameplay mechanics very quick and was enjoying battles in no time.

Keep it up, I think I'll follow this topic :)

#12 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 04:52 PM

Glad you enjoyed the demo!
It was was relased on arpril 2010, so many stuff got changed since that time.
About the typos, yeah, english is not my main language... I got someone for checking the grammar,so I fixed them in 3rd and, hopefully, 4th demo(and new texts in it) gonna be much more grammar-wise:D
In official Battle Network games MegaMan also says "here are my HP" so I thought it's okay to write "are" instead of "is".
The briefcase; Players who played BN games before knows that Lan's dad works in Lab in real world, and you need to take metro to go there. Guess I will expand the hint more(for the sake of players who are new to BN:D)
I reduced the encounter ratio for 4th demo(it sure was a bit too high), as well as I made the battles faster by 6%, added more instances on map which you can interact with, more story, enemies etc and optimized the entire code more. I also got rid of the big RAM's usage(after loading it drops from 400MB to 7MB and never goes higher than 14 MB). Design of areas/menus got updated too, so hope players will enjoy 4th demo much more after its relase^^

#13 miksusiili

miksusiili

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:45 PM

THAT WAS GREAT! ::lmao::
Keep it up!

#14 Consoft

Consoft

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 04:26 PM

Sounds great. Will there be save file compatibility by any chance? Not too keen on starting a new game for the next demo, but I will if I have to.
PS: *points to your signature* Angel Beats! is AMAZING! ^_^

#15 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:57 PM

I was asked about the possibility of transfering 3rd demo's save to 4th 2 times today XD The answer is it's not possible cause of the way i made the save system, so you will have to start a next game for the next demo.
If after 4th demo's relase( which I wanted to be the last demo before full relase) peoples will bug for 5th, guess I will add option on title screen to start the game from III chapter with skipping the first two.
And yes, AngelBeats! is awesome!!!:D Hope the rumors about 2nd season are true.

#16 BENJAMUS

BENJAMUS

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 323 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 07:34 AM

Well, having played most of the GBA BN games, I gotta say, this is impressively accurate. Just about everything I liked about the real games is in there. I love how you've kept so much from the real games, and added a few cool features (like the metro station, with its overview pictures of each area). It really makes it feel like part of the series. You've done a great job with this so far. I completed the first job on the help BBS before I quit. All the typos mentioned above I noticed, it's good that those are fixed. Also, I noticed that:
-When you check the TerminalComp in the main room of the SciLab, the text is that of the dog house.
-When you press A while on the net and Lan talks about the Help BBS, the text goes below the text box.
I'm seriously impressed with this so far. Great work.

#17 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:34 PM

Glad you enjoyed it^^ also yeah, these bugs got submitted long time ago as well and are all fixed. I shouldn't have rushed with the relase back then, but it was near my finals XD

#18 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 03 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hiya peoples! Today is a very special day! Our trailer for the fourth demo is finally finished! Demo4 will contain 2 full game chapters. You will get to play through all of the story from demo3, plus the entirety of chapter 2. This adds up to about 4 hours of gameplay.
Not only that, but the bugs from the third demo have been fixed, the graphics have been improved, smoother gameplay on older computers and much more. But who am I kidding? Just watch it already!

This means demo4 is in the final stretch for good. It won't be long now. I hope you guys will enjoy playing it as much as I enjoyed coding it^^

#19 Itachifan

Itachifan

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 765 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:03 PM

Looks awesome! s that a clock I see in the top right? Real time elements maybe like different ppl to see based on the time or maybe the selection shops will have varies?

#20 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 August 2011 - 01:02 PM

Yup, it is a clock. Right now, we only want the clock as something to show time when you play on fullscreen. It doesn't relate to gameplay yet^^ But I gonna keep the RTC-based events sugestion on mind.

#21 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 11:30 AM

We finally moved to a new proffesional host, and got .com domain! Sadly our previous host damaged the backup, so we has to start with fresh forum, but that's not a problem! Just come and register! Without any problems! Also, new host's not the only surprise we prepared, but more about it in next 2 weeks!

=LINK=
www.mmbnchronox.com

#22 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 07:15 PM

Forgot to update here(again xD)

I found some free time and programmed what people offen were asking me for on e-mails - configurable controls. The menu for it is in form of a separate EXE file (as shown on the screen above).
Posted Image
There are 2 things to mention. First is, that the buttons can be configured only before running the game, not durning gameplay as the game loads the configuration from ini file. If for some reason the ini file would be missing, or be configured wrong, the controls will reset to default ones(Z,X,A,S,Enter,Backspace and arrows). Now the 2nd thing, All the controls in game itself gonna be displayed as GBA's ones, so A,B,L,R, Start and Select, no matter what controls gonna be set. Hope this won't be a problem. I did it to not overload the memory game's using with more fonts made of sprites. Also finished rewritting saving/loading system(GameMaker's build-in one was causing glitches that normally couldn't happen).

As always we are in need of spriters, so if someone is interested, PM me here.

#23 Consoft

Consoft

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 449 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 03:56 PM

Oh man I have been away from the GMC for a few months -- I'm glad I came back and checked this topic! I'm about to go to bed now, but I'll certainly try the new demo out tomorrow. I remember having a total blast from this quality WIP, so I'll make sure I write another in-depth analysis of my playthrough.
I'll edit soon ^_^

#24 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 26 December 2011 - 08:09 PM

Oh man I have been away from the GMC for a few months -- I'm glad I came back and checked this topic! I'm about to go to bed now, but I'll certainly try the new demo out tomorrow. I remember having a total blast from this quality WIP, so I'll make sure I write another in-depth analysis of my playthrough.
I'll edit soon ^_^

Ah, but 4th demo is not relased yet, I'm waiting for my 2 spriters to finish polishing some of the graphic that left, so I can program rest of the cutscenes and misc stuff. The ad-ons I mentioned above gonna be accessable only after 4th demo's relase.

#25 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 11:03 PM

That's right! "Project Iceberg" has been revealed! What is Project Iceberg? It refers to a part of our game that will extend your playtime of Demo 4 and the full game by an extremely high amount. It will allow you to interact with the Chrono X community on another level! Ladies and gentlemen, I bring to you: a built-in Chrono X online mode!

Posted Image

Yes, this is real, folks. And at the botton of that picture, you can see screenshots related to the main part of the 4th demo. Lookin' nice, eh? We gonna relase more info related to the online mode in near future, so stay tuned for more updates as Chrono X draws closer to completion! If you haven't signed up on our forums yet, be sure to do so: www.mmbnchronox.com

#26 DonnieM

DonnieM

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 52 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 20 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

I enjoyed it a lot, very cool game you made.

#27 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 10:17 PM

MegaMan Battle Network Chrono X

PC Demo 4.0.1 Released, over 4 hours of story-wise gameplay!

*Plays a guitar solo* Hiya all~
After many, many months of hard work, I finally bring to you the 4th Demo! It was a lot of work putting this together, what with all the problems we had and having to change all the graphics, but I think it was well-worth it. I expect production on the full-game will go smoothly and quickly. Remember to report any and all bugs ;)

Posted Image

///////////DEMO 4.0.1 LINK///////////
LINK
//////////////////////////////////

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itbCgrle6IU

In case the music is not being played, restart the PC few times, and run the game again! If this does not help, install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package.

SAVE FILES FROM 3RD DEMO ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH DEMO 4.X.X AND UP!!

That's all for today. Have fun!! Sorry for late update but had some hardware problems preventing me from accessing the internet~
MaxRock's out!

Edited by MaxRock, 02 January 2013 - 10:41 PM.

#28 shrooms

shrooms

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 January 2013 - 04:12 PM

Sweet!!!!

i love it ^///^

glad to see the updates :)

#29 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hiya all~ Well, we just recently released new website's design, and now it's time for a bit of an after-birthday present. This one will present a new page in Chrono X's story...

cxgroup.png
Art by Nico. Original Sketch by Midnite.

Ta-da! Here it is, our last and final gift that we wanted to release. What you see here is our promotional artwork for our game's 3rd Chapter! This is where the serious events in the story start happening and as such, it's one of our favorites!

Chapter 3 is filled with many cool and tense moments that I'm sure you'll get to enjoy when we show it off. Expect more exciting screenshots of new locations, viruses and characters! Can you guess who all the characters in this picture are? Bet you can't!

MegaMan will be fighting many, many enemies in this chapter... And I know we all want to see how he pulls through. That's all! MaxRock, out!

#30 MaxRock

MaxRock

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 38 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 12:33 AM

Hiya! MaxRock here with another update~ I know you guys have all been aching to hear about how the Online Mode is progressing, so I'm here to deliver. But first, we need to do a bit of housekeeping.

1. First, I want to welcome our new team member, Mick. We even drew a nice, colored staff mugshot for him: LINK

He is very  dedicated and skilled pixel artist - something we desperately need to finish this game. If you know any skilled pixel artists, remember  to send them our way!

2. It's time to give the names of the characters shown in last update's picture. In order from left to right: Raven.EXE, Mystery Character(to be announced later), PirateMan.EXE, Zeta.EXE and CommandoMan.EXE.  Someone manged to name them all, even the mystery character. Who  named them? I won't tell, huehue.

3. Now for the main part of today's update - video showing Online Netbattle between Killer and me, as well as  some of the menus (remember that all this is still in a WIP stage!!). This is just showing the progress I made with implementing the Online Mode (as well as reducing the amount of lag you may occur as much as possible). There's also a hidden option in one of the menus, can you guys guess what it is? ;)

http://youtu.be/6XgEFNxB3lk

Are you guys excited? I sure am (even that Killer won with me both battles, hahahaha). Now I'll go back to programming. See ya~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users