TheAnemic

Annoying back itch

• 183 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:41 PM

uin
http://www.yoyogames...ames/123139-uin
http://www.gamemaker...?a=view&id=7256

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

get it [url="http://"http://biggt.net/uin.zipx"]here[/url] (24.7mb)

if zipx doesn't work for you for whatever reason use the following 2 links. just copy the contents of music.zip into the music folder.
[url="http://"http://biggt.net/uin.zip""]game[/url]
[url="http://"http://biggt.net/music.zip""]music[/url]

i began this game about 4 years ago and put it off. got around to completing it and am pleased to present it to the community. it is an adventure game that tries to capture the progressive difficulty of classic platform rpgs while having its own unique atmosphere.

good luck. leave a comment. have fun. thanks for playing.

-biggt

Edited by TheAnemic, 09 April 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#2 skunkchop

skunkchop

GMC Member

• 381 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:30 PM

Damn! Looks really cool from those pictures. The description you gave was really cool, and the fact that you worked on it for 4 years just tops it all off. I NEED to give this one a play. This could be big...

#3 Kafeithekeaton

Kafeithekeaton

GMC Member

• 485 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:34 PM

Brilliant as always, Biggt. This game, to be blunt, is a genocidal Seiklus. There's quite a bit to explore and it's tricky, but not too tricky. Everything is smooth(save for the exception of the face, although, that was done to signify something). And to be earnest, it's just all out great. The details are great, the style is amazing, and it still has that aura of the La La Lands without divulging too much into them.

I had a lot of fun playing this and it's easily one of my favorite GM games of all time.

#4 coolist

coolist

The Coolist

• 913 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 11:52 PM

Weirdly awesome.

#5 skunkchop

skunkchop

GMC Member

• 381 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:05 AM

I have no idea how to dig, or where to dig. I'm guessing it has something to do with that weird lizard thing in the ground.
The point is, I need to continue this game to enjoy it. D:

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I thought I had to turn that white thing ON, but I guess I had to turn it off.
EDIT 2: Stuck again. I managed to kill the giant bird thing and I managed to get back to the egg. I have no idea what to do next.

Edited by skunkchop, 10 April 2010 - 12:21 AM.

#6 Kafeithekeaton

Kafeithekeaton

GMC Member

• 485 posts

Posted 10 April 2010 - 12:36 AM

I have no idea how to dig, or where to dig. I'm guessing it has something to do with that weird lizard thing in the ground.
The point is, I need to continue this game to enjoy it. D:

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. I thought I had to turn that white thing ON, but I guess I had to turn it off.
EDIT 2: Stuck again. I managed to kill the giant bird thing and I managed to get back to the egg. I have no idea what to do next.

Yeah, that confused me to but I eventually got it. To get new skills, you have to genocide species. Press space to see your progress on that. You can't dig until you learn the dig skill.

#7 cactus

cactus

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 367 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 11:43 AM

Download link is messed up. Gonna play this later today, really looking forward to it. I still have the demo you sent me way back somewhere :D

#8 overboy

overboy

Andrew Brophy

• GMC Member
  • 665 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 15 April 2010 - 02:15 PM

More people should play this game.

#9 Oddwarg

Oddwarg

GMC Member

• 73 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:25 PM

BUG REPORT(Minimal spoiling but still spoiling)
1:
The game sometimes crashes when sailing. 0x12bc21c1 referred to 0x17bc21c2 and the memory couldn't be "read". Sounds like a DLL issue, but it only happens there(it repeats and it is not only me).

2:
It seems that, if you hold a certain key combination(I didn't investigate exactly what triggers it) when approaching mr. pick a claam, he will say "pick a claam" instead of showing you the menu, and thus you are stuck for ever and you have to quit the game.

3:
I don't know when this happened. Luckily it didn't seem to break anything. Anyway:
ERROR in
action number 1
of Alarm Event for alarm 0
for object objStats:

Error in code at line 140:

if instance_number(objFishy) < 3 && (global._Monster[11]-instance_number(objFishy) > 0) && _object.x < 480

at position 109: Unknown variable x

4:
This could perhaps be intended, but if you return to the scientist dude in space after having returned his wife, the cutscene will repeat itself. But those characters do not appear on screen the second time.

5:
What cactus said.

When you have read this I could edit it out of my post at your request.

Anyway.

This is an epic adventure and I enjoyed it like I enjoyed your other works. Highly recommended.

#10 TheAnemic

TheAnemic

Annoying back itch

• 183 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 11:50 AM

thank you so much oddwarg for compiling that list. several i fixed, i added a save point just before the memory error until i can figure out why it sometimes crashes, it should also help other problems people have with the difficult underwater ninja turtles bit. i'm not sure about the mini-game problem though that one's going to be difficult to fix do you know what buttons cause it? in any case there is a save point near it now so you don't need to go though the ninja turtles bit if you get this problem.

#11 Frenchies

Frenchies

GMC Member

• 105 posts

Posted 18 April 2010 - 04:17 PM

I was about to post a list of bugs that I found, but Oddwarg mentioned all of them and one more.

But, there were some times where I would die and still be able to progress further in the game. (for example when your brother shoots the moles after you in that large room) May I also recommend storing the backgrounds separately from the executable (for quicker loading and building times) and creating your own save system (for better version compatibility).

Anyways, this is a great game. I love your La La Land games, and I love this game as well. Very atmospheric and creepy. Highly recommended for anyone who likes strange things.

#12 Oddwarg

Oddwarg

GMC Member

• 73 posts

Posted 19 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

thank you so much oddwarg for compiling that list. several i fixed, i added a save point just before the memory error until i can figure out why it sometimes crashes, it should also help other problems people have with the difficult underwater ninja turtles bit. i'm not sure about the mini-game problem though that one's going to be difficult to fix do you know what buttons cause it? in any case there is a save point near it now so you don't need to go though the ninja turtles bit if you get this problem.

Right, I think I know how you can fix it now.

It turns out that if you press enter BEFORE approaching the dude(apparently pressing it in the previous "room" also works), the clams will automatically appear and start spinning. If you approach him as they are about to stop spinning, you will be stuck. The suggested solution is, obviously, to make sure the enter key doesn't trigger anything for him as long as the menu hasn't appeared yet.

I still haven't done extensive research but that should do the trick. I'm still not sure what the ninja turtles are though.

Have a good day.

#13 Frenchies

Frenchies

GMC Member

• 105 posts

Posted 20 April 2010 - 10:34 PM

Also, you can double jump into the room past where the big bird with the egg was before, which leads to you falling into a gray screen. It's not a total game-breaking bug or anything, but eh, might as well mention it.

#14 Kafeithekeaton

Kafeithekeaton

GMC Member

• 485 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 06:32 AM

This game's not get nearly the amount of attention it deserves. This is artsy, well made, and fun. Sure, a lot of people get stuck on the getting the digging skill, but, this is a truly great game. Play it, people.

#15 Hookhandedman

Hookhandedman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 06:02 AM

GREAT GAME! I love the music and artwork.

I haven't come across any bugs. Did you fix them?

So far, it seems I just need (highlight to view spoilers):

One more heart, and to kill 6 'oriole' but idk what they are. The giant flying female creature? The shadowy things in the TMNT area? The worms in space? Though I can't seem to kill any of them...
ALSO I need to find the scientist's wife apparently?

Edited by Hookhandedman, 29 April 2010 - 06:05 AM.

#16 zarley11

zarley11

GMC Member

• 112 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 April 2010 - 03:16 PM

I haven't played this game, but I have been following it for some time now. I am going to download it later today and see if it is good enough to be placed side by side to Seiklus (my first played and top favourite GM/YYG game). I will ask the pixelprospector to check this game out, ONLU if it lives us to my high expectation lol

#17 Hookhandedman

Hookhandedman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 01 May 2010 - 11:37 PM

Fellas, I used the big bomb, but I am stuck now. Help, please?
Ohh never mind I beat it.

So has anyone figured out how to unlock the SPECIAL game? I assume it involves playing as Brother and shooting at claam guys?

Edited by Hookhandedman, 02 May 2010 - 06:22 PM.

#18 Kafeithekeaton

Kafeithekeaton

GMC Member

• 485 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 12:17 AM

So has anyone figured out how to unlock the SPECIAL game? I assume it involves playing as Brother and shooting at claam guys?

It's not that hard to figure out special, actually. I'll give you a hint though: start a new game. You can't access it from your first playthrough.

#19 Hookhandedman

Hookhandedman

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 236 posts

Posted 09 May 2010 - 08:41 AM

It's not that hard to figure out special, actually. I'll give you a hint though: start a new game. You can't access it from your first playthrough.

Thanks, I heard how to get it from someone else.

Is there any way to win it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users