Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:00 PM

Name: Wootman Zero
Size: 4.4mb
GameMaker Version: 8
Resolution: 480x272
Changes Resolution: no
Download/Direct Play Link: Here

Posted Image

Let's Play Gameplay Video by Tom Russell. Check it out!

Wootman Zero is a prequel to Wootman!. The goal of the Main Game is to get through as many levels as possible before the time runs out. The further you get, the higher your score will be. The game will increase in difficulty for each time you run through it until the time expires. How high score can you get? And will you be able to save Wootman and H4x?
Aside from the main game, there are some stand-alone Challenge levels, Achievments and Unlockables.

This game is created for the YoYo games competition 05, and we decided to go with a retro look to honor the theme of the competition. Aside from the player, the graphics uses the same palette as the old GameBoy games.

Posted Image

Enjoy!

Incinerated Games 2010

Edited by TheMordeus, 04 April 2010 - 06:27 PM.

Posted Image

#2 YellowAfterlife

YellowAfterlife

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 4157 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 March 2010 - 04:51 PM

Cool game.
I think some level captions are un-sorted (nearly sure that there's a level 9 after 6 at some point)

Edited by YellowAfterlife, 30 March 2010 - 04:51 PM.

If my posts contain broken links, try looking around my website. I gradually make blog posts for any examples I make.
_.png_.gif

#3 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 4301 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:44 PM

this game is really nice.

5y5rs3d.pngfg0UQNL.png

#4 TheMordeus

TheMordeus

The Dark Lady

• GMC Member
  • 1540 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:47 PM

Thank you! Also, the levels are sorted, but you start at level 10 (The bottom of the facility) and work yourself up. Then you start over with harder levels, so thats probably why you found it wierd :whistle:
Posted Image

#5 TheMordeus

TheMordeus

The Dark Lady

• GMC Member
  • 1540 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

Tom Russell have created a gameplay video of the first 20 levels, complete with his observations and thoughts about the game. You can check it out Here at his blog. I recommend it!
Posted Image