14 replies to this topic

#1 toadfrogs

toadfrogs

Filipino Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 26 March 2010 - 10:27 AM

Game Description: A platform, puzzle game. With a unique gameplay. Features 25 levels, a Boss Battle, Level Editor, Custom Level, and more! Made for Krosgamemaker's Black and White Contest.

Screenshot:
Posted Image

Links:
YoYo Games: http://www.yoyogames...ircle-speedster
GameJolt: http://gamejolt.com/...speedster/1905/

Teaser:
http://www.yoyogames...ircle-speedster

Comments are welcome =)

Made in Game Maker 8.

Edited by toadfrogs, 26 March 2010 - 11:24 PM.

#2 2DLuis

2DLuis

Graphic Designer

• GMC Member
  • 2526 posts

Posted 27 March 2010 - 12:51 AM

Very nice idea, and game. Real nice effects and interface 5/5!

#3 Mr. Munchkin

Mr. Munchkin

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 717 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 28 March 2010 - 03:38 AM

It looks really good.
But when I first started to play on the Gamejolt quick play thing, it gave me an error.

Unfortunately I missed what it said, as I pressed enter before I could read it... but i think it was about the surfaces?
I'll take another look later... but I couldn't play..

btw, I might be entering the Black and White comp myself. Got a pretty cool game up my sleeve :medieval:
~ Mr. Munchkin

Edited by Mr. Munchkin, 28 March 2010 - 03:39 AM.

#4 toadfrogs

toadfrogs

Filipino Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:53 AM

Thanks for your comments :)

UPDATE: If you have problems, especially the surface error. Turn off the light effect from the level select to avoid it!

have fun!

#5 slayer 64

slayer 64

Slayer of gingers

• GMC Member
  • 3891 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 13 April 2010 - 04:04 AM

level 10 is impossible for me

#6 Kyon

Kyon

Creator of Dirkels

• GMC Member
  • 4241 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:42 PM

level 10 is impossible for me

Level 10 IS impossible.
Lol, maker of the game, have you even tried level 10? I don't see any logical solution to get to the door.
You cannot use speedster while using it already.

Look, there is no way!
Posted Image

Edited by Kyon, 13 April 2010 - 06:44 PM.

#7 toadfrogs

toadfrogs

Filipino Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 04:47 AM

Have you tried using Speedster to the right then when you hit the wall, use speedster going up... then do it again until you can land on that wall...?
start in that position from the screenshot to do this.

#8 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2254 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 20 June 2010 - 10:42 PM

This game is really neat!
It really deserves more attention. I was able to get past level 10, thanks for the hint ;)
Haven't beat the game yet, but it's a pretty fun puzzle game.
Nice work.

-orange08

#9 Eddygp

Eddygp

Horizhite Games

• GMC Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 03:16 PM

Absolutely incredible idea. I found another way to get past level ten. How can a level editor be created? How can I get past level 17, after getting all the coins?
You're an example to follow in :GM5: , :GM6: , :GM7: and :GM8: .

#10 toadfrogs

toadfrogs

Filipino Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 10:11 PM

Absolutely incredible idea. I found another way to get past level ten. How can a level editor be created? How can I get past level 17, after getting all the coins?

Thank you! :)
A level editor can be created with a lot of codes, with more sprites for the object sprites for a editor. Anyway, you can find an example of that in this community (Because this is where I learned to make a level editor)
In level 17, at the start, destroy 2 (not 1) blocks every speedster, then its possible.

#11 Eddygp

Eddygp

Horizhite Games

• GMC Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 03 August 2010 - 01:39 PM

There go a few maps:

Euphorbia:

zzztjjzqezzzzzzzzzzzzzzetttttzztuuzzzzzttzzzzzzzzzgzzizzzzzzzzzztezzzzzzzzzgzeizzzee
ezzzztzzzzzeztzzttttzztttttezzuuzzzzhzzzztzztrrtzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztzztrrtzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzztzzzzzzzztttzziezzzzzetzztezzzzzzetzzzztuzzzzzttzztittzzttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuz
zzzztzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzuezzzzuzzzzzezzzzzzzzzzzzuzzzzzuuuuuutzzzzzzzzzzzztuutzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzettzztzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttttzzteezztzzzzzzzzzzzzztzztzzttttttztzzzezttzz
zztzztzzzzzzzzztzzttttzzzewtzztttttttttttzzzzzzzzztttzz

Gangster:

zzzgzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzejzzzzzzzztzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzezzgezzzzzzzzzzeezztlzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzztzlzlilzzzzzzizzzzzzzzzzzpzlelilzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpelzlilzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzpzlelilzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztelzlilzztezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzhlelittzzyzzzzzzrzzzzzzzzzzhzit
zzzyzzzzzztzzrzzzzzzzzzitzzyyzzzzzzpzztzzrzzzzzzzzzzpzzzzeezpzzezztzzzzzzkzzzpzzyutt
zpzzzzzezzzzzztzzzpzzzzzzzpzzzzzzzzzzzztttottttuuuttzzezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztzzez
zzzzwzzzezzzlkzzzzzztzztzzzqttzztttzzlttttttttzzzzztttt

Empire Sheep:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzwzzzzzzzzzzztzzzzzzzzzzzttzzzzzzzzzzztezzzzzz
zzzzztzzzzzzzzzzztttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzetzzzzzzzzzqzzzlzzzezzzzzttzzzzzzzztttzzzzztt
zzzzzhtzzlzzzezzzzzzzzzzzzzlzzzzzzzzzttzzzzzttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpzzrzzpzzzzzzzzazzzzz
zzzzpzzzzzpzzzzezzdlfzzzzezzepezzzzpzzzzttzzszzzzttzzzttzzzttzlzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttzzztzzztzzzttezztzzzztzzizzeuuruuzzzzuuzz
zzetztzeyyyyyyyyyykzzzzzzzzttzttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Toxic Smoke:

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzpzzzetttttzztezzzzzzzzzzzpzzzztzzztzttzzzzzzz
zzzzzpzuuzzzzztztzzzzzzzzzzzzzpzzuuuuuutztzzzzzzzzzzzzzpzzzzzzzztztztzzzzzzzzzzztzzz
zzzzztztztezzzzqzzzzetzzzzzzzztztzzzzztttttzzzzzzzzzzzztzzzzzzzszrzszzzzzzzzzzzztzzz
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzztzzzzzzzzzezzzzzzzzzzzazztzzzztzzzuuuz
zzzzzzzzetzztzzzzzzzztztoootooooottzztztwzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyzztzttzzzzzzezzzzzzzzzzy
yzktzzzzzzzzztzzzzzttttttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Edited by Eddygp, 03 August 2010 - 01:40 PM.

#12 toadfrogs

toadfrogs

Filipino Programmer

• GMC Member
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 August 2010 - 11:10 AM

Wow, good job with the custom maps Eddygp :)

#13 Eddygp

Eddygp

Horizhite Games

• GMC Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 08:10 PM

Thank you! :)
A level editor can be created with a lot of codes, with more sprites for the object sprites for a editor. Anyway, you can find an example of that in this community (Because this is where I learned to make a level editor)
In level 17, at the start, destroy 2 (not 1) blocks every speedster, then its possible.

Uh... Sorry, but I cant find help with the level editor... Could you please give me the web page?

#14 Eddygp

Eddygp

Horizhite Games

• GMC Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 13 November 2010 - 04:30 PM

Is this incredible game forgot? NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#15 Eddygp

Eddygp

Horizhite Games

• GMC Member
  • 219 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

Hmph... (just seen I revived this topic) If you are playing a custom level, you have to beat it before u start another one... hmph

Edited by Eddygp, 29 January 2012 - 09:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users