GM Newton FPS EngineHi everyone. Here is an open-source example that has been sitting on my hard drive for a while. It is an FPS engine that uses the GMNewton physics solution. You may use this for a game, no credit required (just don't repost it as your own).
- Efficient frame-rate
- Fast and reliable GM Newton Physics
- Gun with accurate scoping, flashing, and recoil effects
- Bombs showing the constraint system
- Realistic ocean effect and sound
- Machine gun unlock on roof (also demonstrates constraints)
The raycasting system you prefer is up to you to implement. I recommend hanson's collision system or the one built off of it. This will allow you to limit the amount of jumps to the player or add bullet wall destruction decorations.
Mini Screen Shots:
Can't get those to work, anyway they're on the YYG site.
This project is discontinued, so apart from the occasional bug fix, there will be no further updates.
Here is the link. Enjoy!