* Vista Compatible: Yes
* Window Size: 400x240
* Changes Screen Resolution: No
* Online and/or Multiplayer: No
* Download/Instant Play: Yoyogames
* Screenshots: Here

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING ON YOYOGAMES.COM
"Old school platforming with a puzzly non-agressive twist! Impressive."
"Definitely the funnest of any game in the competition ive yet played. Good as both a platformer and a puzzle game."
"you will get it featured for sure=D"
"OMFG, I'm competing against this! (Puts gun to head and pulls trigger)"
"I now know that I don't have a chance in comp5"
"Very, very, very good game! My compliments!! "
"Sweet Game 4 / 5."
"4.5/5 Rounded up."

INFO
BLUE was my entry for the Yoyogames Competition 05, "Design a Handheld Game" and, incidentally, my first game released to the public in over 2 years of using Game Maker. BLUE is a platformer/puzzle game based around color. This game was created over a period of about two months. The Comp has since ended, and Blue placed as a runner-up! This full release features thirty stages and six distinct areas, each with their own unique features.

CONTROLS
LEFT/RIGHT arrow keys -- Move left/right
SPACEBAR -- Jump
UP arrow key -- Open doors/View hints
UP/DOWN arrow keys (hold) -- Move camera up/down
ESCAPE -- Exit to main menu
Hold DOWN and SPACE for 2 seconds -- Respawn/exit Level

CREDIT
- All code, graphics, music, and sound effects in this demo were created by and are property of Theseus (breadbeard).
- Sound effects made in SFXr.

KNOWN BUGS
- Minor platforming issues
Please report additional bugs by leaving a comment on the game's GMC topic or Yoyogames page and/or by PM'ing the creator on the GMC (Theseus) or on Yoyogames (breadbeard).

VERSION HISTORY
No one cares!

PLEASE, if you like/hate/play this game, leave a helpful/constructive comment!

Enjoy!

Edited by Theseus, 15 March 2012 - 10:05 PM.

~ I am a composer of instrumental and 8-bit music. My music can be found here and used freely in your projects! ~
~ If you use my music, give credit and please send me a message telling me about it! ~
I am known as breadbeard on Yoyogames and eliplaysgames and breadbearded on YouTube.

#2 quick12

quick12

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 120 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 13 March 2010 - 05:34 AM

This is very good, and has a good chance of winning the competition. The graphics are great, the sound/music is good, and the gameplay is excellent. Although a little glitchy, I will probably be playing this for a while.

#3 deathzero021

deathzero021

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 785 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 13 March 2010 - 08:28 AM

you certainly took your time with this topic... i respect that =)
i haven't played the game but i watched my girl friend play and here's what i think so far:
- graphics are... great!
- level design is... a little annoying/bad
- engine worked great
- platforms were spaced a little to far making jumping strict =(

the use of the color coded platforms is certainly a respectable idea but... you went a little toooooo farrrrrr with it lol. it gets mad annoying because that's all it seems to be about game play wise.

WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING
"OMFG, I'm competing against this! (Puts gun to head and pulls trigger)"
"I now know that I don't have a chance [...]

lmao xD
and who are these people that are saying such things? :medieval:

#4 Theseus

Theseus

The Great One

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

and who are these people that are saying such things? :GM054:

People on the Yoyogames topic :)

Thanks for the responses, and I'm uploading a less-glitchy version now.

As for your comment on the limited gameplay, did you get to worlds 4 and 5? They have some pretty cool features.

Edited by Theseus, 14 March 2010 - 11:13 PM.

~ I am a composer of instrumental and 8-bit music. My music can be found here and used freely in your projects! ~
~ If you use my music, give credit and please send me a message telling me about it! ~
I am known as breadbeard on Yoyogames and eliplaysgames and breadbearded on YouTube.

#5 Theseus

Theseus

The Great One

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:02 PM

Update! Version 1.1 contains a room where you can equip different gear earned by collecting stars and trophies, and some other small improvements. You also can now win the game without collecting all 25 gold stars.

#6 Theseus

Theseus

The Great One

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 March 2010 - 01:33 AM

Update. Versions 1.2, 1.21, and 1.22 contain several bug fixes.

Please, leave your comments!

#7 Theseus

Theseus

The Great One

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

Final version, 1.4, is up, with only a few hours to spare!

It's got a lot of new unlockables, and an epic "Destiny" room.

(I apoligize for quadrupal-posting!)

Edited by Theseus, 30 March 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#8 quick12

quick12

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 11 May 2010 - 02:57 PM

It seems that Blue got Honorable Mention for the Comp05 winners. It definitely deserves it.
By the way, I posted a review for Blue when I was still a reviewer. This is a very good game.
It would have been nice if Theseus included the level editor that he was planning to add in the W.I.P. topic.
This is probably one of the best of the honorable mentions for Comp05. It should get more credit for the work put into it.

#9 Theseus

Theseus

The Great One

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 12 May 2010 - 09:36 PM

Thanks, Quick. I planned to add the level editor, but I ran out of time (the final version was released at 11:40 GMT, 20 minutes before the deadline.) I may release a special version sometime this summer that includes a level editor and some more features.

I find it odd that Blue's had over 300 plays, and only 2 people have commented here... Please post your feedback, guys!

#10 quick12

quick12

GMC Member

• GMC Member
  • 120 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 05:30 AM

I found a rather large glitch; you can't access the three locked vault levels, even when you have enough percentage.
I really don't understand why this isn't getting very much attention. It's a personal favorite of mine, I even wrote a review for it when I was a reviewer. It's even a Comp05 runner-up. If you play far enough into it, you'll find that it's really fun; the later levels are the best of Blue.

#11 imam_mashur

imam_mashur

GMC Member

• 282 posts
  • Version:Unknown

Posted 24 July 2010 - 07:22 AM

Its very funny....

Sorry if my english is BAD. I tried my best to study english.

Simple Menu Example---Draw your health bar

Spoiler

#12 Theseus

Theseus

The Great One

• GMC Member
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 July 2010 - 08:33 AM

Funny? In what way?

Anyway, I've got over 2000 plays, and only 3 people have commented? Come on guys, please leave some feedback!