#51 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23565 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:31 PM

Will this ever be revived? D:

There's a rumor that ugriffin is being drafted to take over. So maybe it'll start again soon.

Ah, really? Where did you hear that one?

Button_DynamicPuddles_zps068ef8eb.png Button_Flappy_zps7fcff3b6.png Button_RogueLike_zps6f3451a3.png IKrQvWr.png Button_MyGames_zpse9e80bb0.png

#52 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7971 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:12 PM

Will this ever be revived? D:

There's a rumor that ugriffin is being drafted to take over. So maybe it'll start again soon.

Ah, really? Where did you hear that one?

Typical GMC rumor: Another member told me he PM'd a moderator (Takagi... I think) about this. Takagi said he considered doing it himself, but didn't really have time (school, etc). Takagi mentioned ugriffin might be interested in taking over.

Secondhand information. That's why I said it was a rumor.

Either way, you're in a position to give us facts. The GMC is eager to hear some. :smile: Any news on ugriffin's decision?

#53 Nocturne

Nocturne

Nocturne Games

• Administrators
  • 23565 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 03:35 PM

Weeelllll.... I can neither confirm nor deny the rumour. Posted Image

What I can say, is that we have an admins discussion topic about this and several things ahve been brought up... BUT there have been no real conclusions drawn other than the fact that the GMC needs/wants something like this. The success of the GMCJam seems to be a reference and other smaller scale mini-competitions and similar have been discussed as a monthly/bi-weekly type of thing to challenge GMC members.

Button_DynamicPuddles_zps068ef8eb.png Button_Flappy_zps7fcff3b6.png Button_RogueLike_zps6f3451a3.png IKrQvWr.png Button_MyGames_zpse9e80bb0.png

#54 chance

chance

GMC Member

• Global Moderators
  • 7971 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 12:29 PM

...we have an admins discussion topic about this...

The success of the GMCJam seems to be a reference and other smaller scale mini-competitions and similar have been discussed as a monthly/bi-weekly type of thing

Glad to hear there's discussion. :smile:

Mini-competitions with interesting restrictions would be fun. One-script games, single-button games, no pre-made graphics, etc. (selected by moderator's choice)

One mini-comp between each Jam would break the monotony, without being too much work for moderators.

#55 orange08

orange08

Art Game Movement

• GMC Member
  • 2254 posts
  • Version:GM:HTML5

Posted 21 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

If you want the Cage Match back +1 this post :)

MOAR REP MOAR

Edited by orange08, 03 May 2012 - 11:17 PM.

Z8vrE7W.png WRhLqHy.png
"I'm just glad Off-topic isn't being removed. Otherwise I risk actually doing something productive." -RoyTheShort

#56 PurpleFuzzy

PurpleFuzzy

Punk Rock Princess

• GMC Member
  • 1588 posts
  • Version:None

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:20 PM

I'll run the cage match.

#57 theg721

theg721

G Dawg

• GMC Member
  • 1959 posts
  • Version:GM8

Posted 30 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

Lack of Community interest : Now, just because 20 people vote for it in one topic, if in that topic only 23 people have actually posted then that is NOT representative of the community! There are over 150,000 members here so just because a handful show interest, that does not mean that the community is showing interest.

Of which about 149,982 members are inactive. Yes, it does mean that the community is showing interest.

[*]Pointlessness of competing : This is an obvious one - what do games like Iji and Adrenalin have in common except GM? Nothing! And that is the major flaw in the cagematch... How can two games from completely different genres and styles be compared? They can't (not fairly)...

Oh come on. There's people out there comparing Skyrim to Modern Warfare 3...

[*]Moderators with little time : the Cagematch needs moderator control and input, and it may be that none are willing to take it over. I would be interested, but the 3 monthly GMC jam and my other duties make it impossible... If no other mod/admin shows interest then it can't happen.

*cough*PurpleFuzzy*cough*. I also could run it, and I'm sure others out there would/could run it too.

EDIT: How the hell did this end up in this topic, when it should be here?

Edited by theg721, 30 December 2011 - 02:11 PM.

#58 makerofthegames

makerofthegames

Never you mind!

• GMC Member
  • 7529 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:10 PM

So er, is this being here, a sign of things to come---or are you just taunting me us?

Awesome-120110725-22047-1faqsqh.gif?131124npmp3.png Awesome-120110725-22047-1faqsqh.gif?1311

Mirrors Avatar by Stubbjax1337. 3000. 3999. 4444. Karoshi 2.0 custom levels. religious belief time: christian
http://ask.fm/AnUntitledAbridger

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users