• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 PhiL Blunt

PhiL Blunt

GMC Member

• 112 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:09 PM

hi, sorry this is prolly a real n00b question, but how do i create realistic sound effects for car engines? i have tried the writing code using the Gm help file for reference using chorus and flange but none of this has did anything. am i right in thinking i need to increase the pitch? i couldnt find anything on pitch.. or is there a better way of doing this? also sould i be using fmod or something for sounds?
PhiL Blunt :mellow:

http://www.yoyogames...-challenge-demo <this is the game in question my first game so go easy.. all a learning curve.

#2 ramses12

ramses12

• GMC Member
  • 5769 posts
  • Version:GM8.1

Posted 25 February 2010 - 05:19 PM

If you want to create nice sounds, don't simulate them in GM, because GM isn't a sound making program. See this by the way.

#3 jabelar

jabelar

GMC Member

• 2980 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:04 PM

I believe the FMOD and the super sound dlls can both do this. At least they can do "doppler" effect where the pitch changes as something moves by, so I assume they can do pitch change generally.

#4 ramses12

ramses12

• GMC Member
  • 5769 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:08 PM

I think sound_effect_gargle() allows you to apply a pitch change, but I may be wrong since I haven't been working with sounds too much.

#5 PhiL Blunt

PhiL Blunt

GMC Member

• 112 posts
  • Version:GM:Studio

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:09 PM

If you want to create nice sounds, don't simulate them in GM, because GM isn't a sound making program. See this by the way.

i have all the audio software i need and the sounds i want to use (im a music producer with released material), i just want to know how to get the car obj and sound working together has they should. i have tried "sound_effect_set(idle,... etc" mapped to the move key.. but this hasnt worked. i was also asking if using a sound engine like fmod was a better option?

#6 ramses12

ramses12

• GMC Member
  • 5769 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 06:10 PM

Read posts #4 and #5.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users